Hunter Skill!

da_guru_123

I've got a feeling the Hunting skill will be something like the Elf lands for the traps, it will probably be another skill of pateince like farming and it may not be out this month :? Wouldn't be the first time they 'slightly' delayed a skill would it? :oops:

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a feeling the Hunting skill will be something like the Elf lands for the traps, it will probably be another skill of pateince like farming and it may not be out this month :? Wouldn't be the first time they 'slightly' delayed a skill would it? :oops:
Nope...Lol :P

Man, I hated those traps in the Elf Land! :x

Just because they mentioned it in the behind the scenes back then, doesn't mean they started it back then, because they probably didn't.

Carpentry was on the ingame skill list and there were POH's built ingame but we couldn't get to them. This was way way way back in early RSC.

Jagex have had the carpentry skill in planning for years, they didn't release it because the RSC game engine wasn't capeable of doing what jagex wanted to do with the skill. (thats the reason for all the hype because its been so long since we first knew the carpentry skill was been planned).

Now for the Hunting skill we didn't really know anything about it. It only popped up in the bug reporting section of the RS website earlier this year.

I reckon this skill as been in the making well over a year.

bunyip.png

Hunting wont be anything like slayer, Jagex knows better then having 2 skills that are exactly alike.

I believe (and hope) it will be based on the farming principle. You set a trap, which can't be seen by others, and wait for it to catch an animal. Especially the part where others can't see or affect your traps sounds great to me.

I'm not sure whether your trap is supposed to kill the animal, but acquiring an animals fur without killing it sounds a lot more cruel then killing it.

Traps are already in the game. Prime examples are those in the elf lands; pit, stick and wire traps. Pit would be used to capture larger animals, stick could be used to mortally wound an animal and allowing you to track it down, the wire traps feature poison arrows, wounding and killing an animal later.

Traps are also found in our POH dungeons, but the only usuable in hunter would be the bear trap. The teleport trap would be awesome though I doubt they would implement it in hunting.

Another thing possibly used in higher level hunting is camouflage. Maybe the rewards from lower level hunting include branches and furs you can craft together into a camouflage outfit. Wearing this you can hide in a hunting ground and catch your prey by surprise.

The only thing that seriously worries me is that they are giving is 3 lines of bank space, but mention hundreds of new item :shock: I'm cleaning my bank as we speak...

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

Yes, the hunting skill is coming out, i wish is wasnt, cant jagex give a break, i hope not another money drainer, i want to work on my skills

Someone has already talked to Mod Paul in game and he said the aim of this new skill isn't to be a money drainer. That topic where the guy had a picture of Paul telling him that was on these forums, but I don't remember the URL.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

well in case theres another 6/6/06 i've got my screen recorder on standby ready to record when i press the magic button :thumbsup:

Quit talking about me trying to Ice Barrage in Fally. lol J/K

But how is there going to be a bug like that? Hunting is supposed to be non-combat lol. This way it won't be like slayer. Actually it sounds interesting. I hope they give us camo. I can't get the last Demon Sargeant event to save my life. I just need the freaking camo pants! :evil:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

The only thing that seriously worries me is that they are giving is 3 lines of bank space, but mention hundreds of new item :shock: I'm cleaning my bank as we speak...

:ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

I know! I currently have one open slot and am wearing four items that are not banked. Ahhhhhh!

The only good thing about Hunter skill is that it will be non-combat.

And considering I have terrible combat, thats good.

I wonder what a squirrel would drop though..

"The only good thing" ?! How you dare saying that ?!

Do you know how the skill will be like ?

Do you know how it will be going ?

Do you know anything more than the little information Jagex said in "Behind the sences"?

About 95% of the things said in this thread are just suggestions, and not facts.

Geez, that's annoying, why do you people go that way - :wall: ?

You don't know the skill yet, why saying any of it isn't good?

"I wonder what a squirrel would drop though"

Non-combat skill, if you can't kill a squirrel yet, you will probably not be able to kill it with the Hunter skill either, as I said, Non-combat skill.

100 Combat , 999th to 99 cooking, 99 Fletching, 99 Hunter , 1850+ total

Buying : Irit seeds 1k each, Candantine seeds 5k each, and Kwarum seeds 12k each

Level Required: Bait needed:

Level 1 Rat-............Cheese

Level 3 Squirell........Rat Fur Cheese

Level 5 Rabbit..........Squirrel skin snare

Level 8 Scorpian.......Rotten Rabbitl meat

Level 10 Monkey.......Scorpion claw banana hook

Level 15 Penquin........Ground monkey bones w/sardines

Level 20 Bear ............Penguin toes mixed w/rabbit meat

Leve 25 Moose............Must wear bear skin camaflouge

Anyway, I think you get my concept here. Each level gained will require the supplies gained from the previous levels hunting spoils. Kinda like paying the farmer. I think they could be really creative with this stuff.

Of course EVERY thing is speculation, and chances are NONE of us are right. lol. For all we know, it could be a huge mini game where all hunting is done in one area with master hunters.

But for sure... we have no idea. Can't wait to find out!

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

:ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

I know! I currently have one open slot and am wearing four items that are not banked. Ahhhhhh!

Bank space is getting too small. I had to drop some stuff.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

i seriously think that hunting will just be a rip off of slayer. think of it, the hunting skill would probably involve killing things(DUH) for experience. that sounds a lot like slayer does it not? and even more there will most likely be hunt mastrers telling you what to hunt because i doubt they will just let you kill things for random experience. also, how do you hthink you go through the lvls, my guess is that there will be different monsters for different levels. SLAYER. in addition, i beleive that one of the new creatures will be a dragon with a different hide, being a high enough hunting level will allow yu to wear it (along with rang and def). now, think, equipment based on levels? SLAYER. i am not saying that this is right and every1 else is wrong, thats ignorant, but i am just saying that a lot of clues point it to being a rip off of slayer.

~#$hellfire717$#~

, my guess is that there will be different monsters for different levels. SLAYER.

Omg, you can catch different fish for different levels in fishing.. SLAYER.

The hunter skill sounds much more like we're just catching animals, rather than killing them. Why can't people wait for things to bev released before jumping to conclusions about not liking it? :roll:

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I wonder how the hunting cape emotion will be...

And anyone here on Tip.It who will try to be the first to 99?

It is going to be released 2 weeks before our exams start... I will try but I will have to study and sleep so...

i no...beautfiul timing ain't it? <.<

Are you for sure that it's going to be released this month? I don't think so

hahaha i think construction came out on my exams....and look at me now

im really excited bout hunting but like other ppl were saying

i wanted to focuys on my other skills like slayer and some others but hunting will interrupt it

i guess they have reason with 8 or so ppl all 99

o well

enjoi888.png

I wonder how the hunting cape emotion will be...

And anyone here on Tip.It who will try to be the first to 99?

It is going to be released 2 weeks before our exams start... I will try but I will have to study and sleep so...

i no...beautfiul timing ain't it? <.<

Are you for sure that it's going to be released this month? I don't think so

Yes, it will be. When was the last time Jagex didn't release something that was in behind the scenes for that month?

July ;)

was that the month they said wildy tag would come out?

i dont think birds eggs will be part of hunting honestly, i HOPE they are but i doubt it, it would be too good to be true. sadly i shall wait and hope but i expect to be disappointed.

Sounds like it might be a bit bad... How long is it since construction? 4 months, that sounds like it's be rushed. Think of all the other updates, and they've been doing this. They have either cut corners, worked secretly on constructioon and hunting or worked hard, let's hope they aren't lazy. :P

Oh well I'm stocked up and I have a plan to get me rich (Not saying)

I thought that too, but you have to consider how in-depth construction is as a skill.

Hunter may be as simple as slayer.

delimli7.jpg

I reckon the skill will be alright. Sounds intresting. Has anyone considering the fact that cat's will proberly be invovled.. After all.. they do hunt. Time to train my Lazy Hellcat back into a Wiley then. Oh Joy? :wall:

I Tonysown I - Retired for now...

suster.png

All this talk about the skill, no talk about the quest...

Has noone really thought that they might be released together? And work like herblore, do quest to be able to hunt!

There are a total of 5 things (even tough 2 are kinda small, but jagex usually releases updates like this) in the bts, and 4 weeks... So it IS possible!

art_crazy.png

All this talk about the skill, no talk about the quest...

Has noone really thought that they might be released together? And work like herblore, do quest to be able to hunt!

There are a total of 5 things (even tough 2 are kinda small, but jagex usually releases updates like this) in the bts, and 4 weeks... So it IS possible!

yea like druid ritual to do herblore

Well, I haven't read all of this thread nor have I read everything about the upcoming hunting skill, so forgive my ignorance as it may show somewhere in my post.

Anywho, who said that hunting would be a primarily non-combat skill? In my opinion, it could possibly have something to do with ranging and cooking. In history, hunting has primarily been done with throwing weapons (Bows and arrows and javelins, being the main example). We already have one form of hunting in the game and that's chompy hunting and to kill them you have to use a special type of bow.

So perhaps the upcoming hunting skill will work something like that. As you progress you will be able to hunt a variety of different creatures but, to kill them, you'll need better hunting materials (In this case, a bow).

Level 1 - Crappy bow with crappy stats

Level 80'ish - Good bow with good stats (And a special)

Bah... Who am I kidding? I just want a range update. But a guy can dream, can't he? :thumbsup:

If it is, I'll level up in hunting very quickly. :D

Wtach out for me in the highscores! \:D/

Slayer is kind of hard when your first getting used to it. It took me a little while to understand it, then I got the hang of it.. Even though I'm still a noob.

If it's as easy as Slayer, look for me up there :wink:

If it is, I'll level up in hunting very quickly. :D

Wtach out for me in the highscores! \:D/

Slayer is kind of hard when your first getting used to it. It took me a little while to understand it, then I got the hang of it.. Even though I'm still a noob.

If it's as easy as Slayer, look for me up there :wink:

I get what you are saying lol. Seriously though, talk to guy - kill what he tells you. Simple enough. #-o
delimli7.jpg