Hunter Skill!

da_guru_123

I think that hunting will be to crooss-skills , like farming was a great boost for herblore, with especially crafting (for the hides that will create the new clothes). Maybe that now we will be able to tan ourself our hides after a certain level depending of the animal. Every trapper can tan their hides, so why not in RS? Tanning would be xp for crafting and making the clothes too.

aAnother boosted skill could also be construction for the trap to build.

I don't think about range (even if it will maybe be an option). If it is too much range like, it would be like another slayer without the tasks...

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how the hunting cape emotion will be...

And anyone here on Tip.It who will try to be the first to 99?

i think everyone would try or like to get 99, i know i would, i wonder how long it'll take for the first person to get 99 hunting :?

I was one of the 'non-believers'. Guess I was proved wrong, even though if it does sound kinda like a rip-off of Slayer. Just... non-combat. Anyway, I hope it's not a Farming-style skill. Set trap. Wait. Wait. Check trap. Animal on trap. Cage/Kill Animal on trap. You advanced a Hunter/Hunting level! I hope it'll be something new, something unlike other things alredy in the game. I also hope we'll be able to make armors for rangers and mages. All in all, I can't wait for it to come out! ::'

Religious Text is not permitted.

Just curious, do you think the hunting skill will be similar to the hunters in the movie "Open Season"?

I seriously hope something techincal will be realesed for a chance. A helicopter with a net coming out of it, but I doubt it.

Maybe a gun with a sleeping dart.

Net is 100%, I have feeling that the fishing net will change name and..........

No, no, no, you need a bigger net to catch a bull, I think the bet is going to be very big net. I'm excited about this. Skill "hunting" really reminds me of last Friday when I saw Open Season, maybe the hunters will be simliar to these.........

Just curious about opinion, will the hunting style be like "Open Season"? I mean how the hunters catch the animals not how the animals fight back.

i doubt they will let u kill random things for exp???

ever heard of reg combat?

Do you need an NPC to tell you where to catch fish? No. That's what hunting will be, catching animals.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Do you need an NPC to tell you where to catch fish? No. That's what hunting will be, catching animals.

well their are tutors, and i mean ill probably use the hunting tutor if they make 1 because i mean cmon its not 100% obvious how jagex could do it but who knows...

well their are tutors, and i mean ill probably use the hunting tutor if they make 1 because i mean cmon its not 100% obvious how jagex could do it but who knows...

Sorry, worded that a little confusingly, should have been, "Is there an NPC that you must go to, to assign you an amount of fish to catch as the only way to get experience?"

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

When I heard about hunting, the first thing I thought of was World of warcraft. But in Wow, Hunter is a class not a skill. But then I thought... well, I could see it having to do somthing with skinning/ leathermaking, as I would think that makes most sense.

Then again... yeah?

sig3ya5.jpg

First place Winner of Nick 6464 F2P custom contest.

I think this could be fun, but they'd better make horses and dogs. You can't go on a hunt for the fox without horses and dogs. *wishes he had a dog in his dorm room (but not a horse, they smell)*

demonslayerjr0.png

Range level - 97 (11,415,381 xp)

Range goal - 99 (13,034,431 xp)

87.58% of the way there

Just found something in KB about Hunting :shock:

"Armour you can store:

Hunter camouflage gear :P

KB - Skills - Construction - Costume room - Armour case

PIC:

hunteriv5.png

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

Just found something in KB about Hunting :shock:

"Armour you can store:

Any one colour of Castlewars armour

Void Knight armour

Rogues' Den armour

All three colours of Broodoo mask

Rockshell armour

Spined armour

White armour

Temple Knight initiate armour

Temple Knight proselyte armour

Hunter camouflage gear :P

KB - Skills - Construction - Costume room - Armour case

Just noticed that too. Great find! Wonder if there will be other costumes besides Camo? Or maybe different types of camo?

Who knows? There might be some other equipments. Maybe these camo items could help you in hunting, they do look somewhat like hunting equipments.

Or these from freaky forester, you guys think that might be possible?

We just have to wait and see.....

Has anyone seen the 4 guys north of fally being watched by the gaurd. They have raccoons and squirells all around them. They dont say much to you but ive never seen them before. There names are like Jeff, Curr, and Narf...theres 1 more

This is the only thing i hope for. That lvl 3 skillers can't do it!!!!!!!!

why would you hope for that? they have as much right to the skill as you do. and seeing as how its a non-combat skill, im sure they will be able to raise hunter quite easily.

Stallion4589.png

I put this in the Map Areas for hunting thread... But no one really noticed it and it went ignored... So here it is in this thread as well:

------

TZHAAR HUNTING AREA MOST LIKELY CONFIRMED!!!!!

From the new Tzhaar guide.

TzHaar-Xil (Level 133)

Even men of stone must eat, and the job of hunting their food falls to the TzHaar-Xil. They are excellent fighters, and beyond the talents of most adventurers. They are the darkest in colouring, which no doubt aids them in hunting their prey. The TzHaar enjoying preying on large mammals and rodents that, like the TzHaar, are strong enough to burrow through the hard volcanic rock.

TzHaar-Xil can be found throughout the city.

Large mammals and rodents that burrow through the hard volcanic rock!!! Could Tzhaar finally be opened? Or at least another part of it?

This sounds like it'll DEFFINIATLY be a new hunting area! :D

Has anyone seen the 4 guys north of fally being watched by the gaurd. They have raccoons and squirells all around them. They dont say much to you but ive never seen them before. There names are like Jeff, Curr, and Narf...theres 1 more

They were made when Fally or Barbarian Village was updated...

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

I put this in the Map Areas for hunting thread... But no one really noticed it and it went ignored... So here it is in this thread as well:

------

TZHAAR HUNTING AREA MOST LIKELY CONFIRMED!!!!!

From the new Tzhaar guide.

TzHaar-Xil (Level 133)

Even men of stone must eat, and the job of hunting their food falls to the TzHaar-Xil. They are excellent fighters, and beyond the talents of most adventurers. They are the darkest in colouring, which no doubt aids them in hunting their prey. The TzHaar enjoying preying on large mammals and rodents that, like the TzHaar, are strong enough to burrow through the hard volcanic rock.

TzHaar-Xil can be found throughout the city.

Large mammals and rodents that burrow through the hard volcanic rock!!! Could Tzhaar finally be opened? Or at least another part of it?

This sounds like it'll DEFFINIATLY be a new hunting area! :D

Nice find but I hope it doesn't get too much bigger :uhh:

1c856de4ff5f64a5e9929849ac19f7021.1.gif