Hunter Skill!

da_guru_123

Wow! I didn't expect one of my topics to become a sricky! I only made the post because when I read the BTS I was thinking "What a coincedence..."

Anyway, I was thinking, how will the skills interface change to accomodate Hunting? Will the "Total Level" bit become smaller, look like the other skills pics or moved?

Total Lvl will just say TL and that part will get smaller is IMO

Or put the total level bak to the original font, I don't like this curly stuff. =/

Or just like this:

huntingskilllist3.jpg

If you had read the whole post you'd have seen it tough :)

art_crazy.png

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stocking up on food, I want to be prepared :XD: . I hope I'll get lucky and recieve some ÃÆÃâÃâüber rare hunting item wich will get me tons of cash...

um, actually you dont need food. its noncombat.

dbeastsig2.gif

One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

I'm stocking up on food, I want to be prepared :XD: . I hope I'll get lucky and recieve some ÃÆÃâÃâüber rare hunting item wich will get me tons of cash...

so is agility, and thieving, but you do need food for those.

but seriously though, who are we kidding.

We're all going to complain and whine while some person makes this skill like their private idol and gets some awesome stuff and then we'll all still complain to save face while setting some traps late at night to get some too >.>

*deep breath*

I don't know if I'm just easily amused or something but it we get squirrel hats i'll be happy enough :P

and maybe... just maybe... this means new range eq *knocks on wood 666 times just in case)

I mean seriously, maybe we'll get the red hides equivalent to the robin hood hat finally!

this is how I think the range skill will go:

*Ruby Necklace chirps that your trap has caught something*

*you go there and click on check trap*

*sfx: ddodododododo duh duh duh! duh duh duh!*

*squirrel slides from the left and goes "squirrel!!"*

Player sends out a box with an... Imp!

Imp: imp-p-pim!

Player: Bead Throw Attack!

*Imp throws a red bead at squirrel*

*squirrel is mad*

*squirrel throws nut at imp*

*critical hp noise!*

Player: Using restore potion!

*Imp revitalized!*

Player: Super special ultra bead of light cannon atttaaaaack ~~~!

*Imp: AHHHHHHH *BOOM**

*Squirrel has fainted*

Player: Go cage! *throws cage*

*Cage shakes, one... twice...... three time...... Squirrel caught!!!*

*Your imp has raised a level!*

*Your imp learns poo-throw attack!*

*Do you want to give your squirrel a nickname?*

*clicks on no*

*Do you want to slam the squirrel on the floor, crush its head with your feet and skin him alive?*

*clicks on yes*

Squirrel: Squirrel squirrelele Se--- AHHHH-- querrl! AHH Squi!~!! AHHHH

(Let's be super hunter pals forev- -.. what are... AHHH! OH GOD! THAT'S N- PLEA- AHHHHHH)

*You have acquired squirrel fur!*

Although >.> I kinda hope it is a lil like that at least :P :uhh:

rofl. sounds a bit like a stupid pokemon episode.

so is agility, and thieving, but you do need food for those.

hmm, well, i think it'll be noncombat in the sense of no food needed. but whatever.

hunter = jagex starting more on focusing on group work?

make hunting like a group skill, since it is hard to hunt on your own based on the time rs2 is set in, a team of hunters is better...

ideas?

aaah no. not team stuff.

Please try to keep the clutter down by posting all of your thoughts in one post instead of three in a row.

Thanks,

-RAHK-

dbeastsig2.gif

One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

I wonder how the hunting cape emotion will be...

And anyone here on Tip.It who will try to be the first to 99?

It is going to be released 2 weeks before our exams start... I will try but I will have to study and sleep so...

i no...beautfiul timing ain't it? <.<

It is going to be released 2 weeks before our exams start... I will try but I will have to study and sleep so...

Are you for sure that it's going to be released this month? I don't think so

Yes, it will be. When was the last time Jagex didn't release something that was in behind the scenes for that month?

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

either this is attempt at a skill, or jagex has been planning it for months. now i'm anxious!

:-k \'

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

either this is half-***ed attempt at a skill, or jagex has been planning it for months. now i'm anxious!

Most skills were in the making years in advance. Take Construction for example... I started playing in september 2002 and there was already work being done on it then because they released "Carpenty" but for some stupid reason they chose not to let people train it yet lol.

But seriously, how could you go wrong? New armours\weapons!... I don't care if they suck or even look dumb... they're new! :D

Nazgul.jpeg

Yes, it will be. When was the last time Jagex didn't release something that was in behind the scenes for that month?

July ;)

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

either this is half-a$$ed attempt at a skill, or jagex has been planning it for months. now i'm anxious!

Keep in mind. Construction was announced to be released in 2005 but was delayed.. So Hunting is actually our 2006 skill.. :S

For normal skills it takes around a year for one of their groups to finish. They have SEVERAL different groups working on SEVERAL different updates at a time. All of the updates are timed so at least one should come out a week, even if they had been working on the update for monthes.

Now I think of it, they've not too long ago put Squirells and Raccoons north of Falador. Can I see a connection? :P

Yep, that's why I said "Animals have appeared" in my first post.

Moving to new account, subtle_rune. Please PM me there. Now you know that you can trust him!

bannernoobverdeye1.jpg

either this is half-***ed attempt at a skill, or jagex has been planning it for months. now i'm anxious!

Most skills were in the making years in advance. Take Construction for example... I started playing in september 2002 and there was already work being done on it then because they released "Carpenty" but for some stupid reason they chose not to let people train it yet lol.

But seriously, how could you go wrong? New armours\weapons!... I don't care if they suck or even look dumb... they're new! :D

Just because they mentioned it in the behind the scenes back then, doesn't mean they started it back then, because they probably didn't.

well in case theres another 6/6/06 i've got my screen recorder on standby ready to record when i press the magic button :thumbsup:

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

And has anyone thought about animal rights activists. We'll probably have all these n00bs jumping up and down near the traps saying we're killing animals :uhh:

Or maybe go on some headline on the next "EVIL" game that teachers children to kill animals or something :ohnoes:

this is what i first though of when i heard about it.

oh no, the vegans and hippies will finally have something to complain about in runescape, i am really surprised that they dont already show themselves about the woodcutting skill :lol:

"save the rainforest!"

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

holygrail-1.jpg

It sounds like a lot of you either dont want this skill to come out or you believe that jagex rushed this too much. You have to relise that jagex isnt a small company with 5 people working for em, they are a desent sized company with heaps of ppl working for em so they could easily make 2 skills at once plus all the other updates.

It would be a waste if every single person that worked for em worked on the exact same update, I mean, how many people do you think it takes to brainstorm and create. I doubt that as big of a company that jagex is, they would half a$$ a skill

Before POH were even being created people wanted to own their own house in runescape or just somewhere to sit. I dont think this Hunter skill has been wanted nearly as bad as the constrctuion skill had been, so they have probably been working on it for a while. This would cause them to release it on time, so maybe you guys should just wait for the end of November :P

finalpic.jpg

Just because they mentioned it in the behind the scenes back then, doesn't mean they started it back then, because they probably didn't.

You apparently misunderstood what I was saying. There was a skill called Carpentry (had it's own icon, level, and everything) but you could not train it yet. It was like if Herblore suddenly became untrainable and everyone was lowered to level 1, that would be Carpenty back in the day. It even added to your skill total. If that doesn't clearly show that work has already been done on it, then I don't know what does o.O

Btw, back then, there were no behind the scenes ;)

Nazgul.jpeg