Hunter Skill!

da_guru_123

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay 300th post for this thread :P

Anyways, I HOPE it does not drain money, although it should. I've been thinking about it alot, it probably wont be a run off of Slayer.

Probably not. Maybe a food drain :o hehe.

Well, I haven't read all of this thread nor have I read everything about the upcoming hunting skill, so forgive my ignorance as it may show somewhere in my post.

Anywho, who said that hunting would be a primarily non-combat skill? In my opinion, it could possibly have something to do with ranging and cooking. In history, hunting has primarily been done with throwing weapons (Bows and arrows and javelins, being the main example). We already have one form of hunting in the game and that's chompy hunting and to kill them you have to use a special type of bow.

So perhaps the upcoming hunting skill will work something like that. As you progress you will be able to hunt a variety of different creatures but, to kill them, you'll need better hunting materials (In this case, a bow).

Level 1 - Crappy bow with crappy stats

Level 80'ish - Good bow with good stats (And a special)

Bah... Who am I kidding? I just want a range update. But a guy can dream, can't he? :thumbsup:

The official website behind the scenes says it'll be noncombat.

Anyway, i'm excited for the skill. ^_^

Yay 300th post for this thread :P

Anyways, I HOPE it does not drain money, although it should. I've been thinking about it alot, it probably wont be a run off of Slayer.

Yeah, it will make us spend tons of money using food to stay alive whilst hunting. :roll:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Yeah, it will make us spend tons of money using food to stay alive whilst hunting. :roll:

It is not a combat skill so no one will hit you or damage you somehow...

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

It is not a combat skill so no one will hit you or damage you somehow...

Thieving and agility are non combat skills and you get hit in them :wink:

I'm expecting all good training spots to be empty when everyone is doing hunter. Empty slayer towers, risk free abyss crafting, all worlds full of rune ores, no agility arena pkers etc

Doesn't matter if the skill is good or bad, in the end it's just all good =P~

I'm expecting all good training spots to be empty when everyone is doing hunter. Empty slayer towers, risk free abyss crafting, all worlds full of rune ores, no agility arena pkers etc

Doesn't matter if the skill is good or bad, in the end it's just all good =P~

Nope, they'll still be ful but not as full meaning the risk will still be there, remember people can think like you do :wink:

Anyways i'm overly excited for this new skill, it could bring new armour, new food, new weapons, better ways to train certain skills,

hmmm jagex introducing 100s of new weapons and armour yet only 24 more bank spaces (3 rows)... well i just hope its not another buyable skill like construction :pray:

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

So what should I stock up on for this so I can get rich quick?

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I believe the idea and basis for the Hunter skill has been around since the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest. Why you may ask?

Monkey Corpses. In a BTS or sometime around then, they did mention that you will be able to skin animals with the skill, the only animal I can think of would be monkies(poor them), snakes have already been introduced(the skinning ones are in Temple Trekking - the ones where you have to use a knife to get the skin), alligators and some more fowls may also be changed.

The older p2p skills(Thieveing, Agility, Fletching - possibly Herblore) may all be used for requirements in the Hunter skill, thieveing for traps and tracking, agility to net and possibly scare, fletching for making traps and nets and possibly herblore to make a scent potion for a Venus Flytrap effect.

If we are assigned creatures to follow/track/hunt, hopefully it will be a combination of the Draugen hunting, Chompy hunting and possibly involve a tag game(Wildy tag may be re-introduced).

I am afraid that animal activists may go against the skill, but hopefully the animals aren't going to be killed in a gruesome enough way.

That is what I will say for now[currently f2p as I have exams].

Found this in the general store on Lunar island. Looks like a squirrel skin to me, got me thinking about hunting again :3>

skinmo4.jpg

edit: found more from Ardougne :oops:

bearfurxu8.jpg

I think its coming out tomorrow but I don't got my hopes up. I'm just hoping its fun enough and easy enough to get up. Not like herblore where is takes tons and tons of herbs to get 1 lvl. -.-

Hope it has more quests involved with it.

your kinda off from there they said it will be released near the end of the month..

Dr_Brinner.png

I believe the idea and basis for the Hunter skill has been around since the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest. Why you may ask?

Monkey Corpses. In a BTS or sometime around then, they did mention that you will be able to skin animals with the skill, the only animal I can think of would be monkies(poor them), snakes have already been introduced(the skinning ones are in Temple Trekking - the ones where you have to use a knife to get the skin), alligators and some more fowls may also be changed.

The older p2p skills(Thieveing, Agility, Fletching - possibly Herblore) may all be used for requirements in the Hunter skill, thieveing for traps and tracking, agility to net and possibly scare, fletching for making traps and nets and possibly herblore to make a scent potion for a Venus Flytrap effect.

If we are assigned creatures to follow/track/hunt, hopefully it will be a combination of the Draugen hunting, Chompy hunting and possibly involve a tag game(Wildy tag may be re-introduced).

I am afraid that animal activists may go against the skill, but hopefully the animals aren't going to be killed in a gruesome enough way.

That is what I will say for now[currently f2p as I have exams].

Look at all the other animal killing stuff, we go around killing bears, rats chickens, dogs, cows and the list goes on.

Also some one could also have a negative say towards player killing as in it could lead to the players in real life killing others because the game "influenced" them to do so. Like GTA games, I dought that this will be a problem. Hope not since I am one of the ones who believed in hunting from the clues.

Yay for Hunting

PS: To all non believers I told ya. \'

betterwork.jpg

lordadam21.png

I hope the hunting skill isn't like slayer, like getting assigned what to hunt or whatever, I've got my slayer up purely on Tears of Guthix.

I reckon hunting will open up more ranged skill uses though, just like agility added to it a little while ago.

Runescape Stats:

Dragonmaker9.png

Every stat on highscores!

My website.

here are my views and guesses:

How will the new skill look like?

In general, the attitude of jagex is to move from the simple click-exp old skills (mining, fishing, etc) to more comlicated and challenging skills that involves more planning, less monotonic though slower to train - and many times encourage you to train other skills as well. Slayer and Farming are both good examples. Moreover, it seems that many of the newer skills (or new options in old skills) are more difficult for money-buy-exp methods (though con is money-buy-exp indeed).

Regarding those attitudes together with the clues we got, my guess is as following:

Training the hunting skill will resemple farming (good for me, farming is one of my most favorites) ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ time consuming, and demanding complex actions to get the exp and the final product. Getting materials and working for them (make traps, etc), tracking, trapping and waiting till something get trapped, then use it for the benfit of others skills (crafting, cooking and maybe also herblore) to get money-making products. For me, its good enough: I resent monotonic skills like mining and rc, and likes the changing and complex ones like farming and slayer.

As for the supporting skills, ill add that:

I guess crafting shell get a boost, for right now its quite neglected (most of its parts) and have little to offer for lv70+ except dragonhides and some rare jewelry.

Cooking: long time do jagex fight the cooking=fish attitude, trying many ways - from new pies to gnome minigame. I guess hunting will go to the same target: new meets that can be cooked and used, or be a base for new dishes.

Construction: maybe we are going to see another training method that will give a second options to the monotonic workshop training (though my guess is that workshop will be kept as the main way, to keep the money drainer working).

What will the talent gives to the player?

So far for the training methods. Now its time to consider the in-game outcome of hunting. What shell we gain from getting high level, except from the honorable number and the far option to get a skill cape? Each of the latest skilles was aimed a bit differently:

- slayer: an abillity to reach and sell other players valuble products that are unavaible to them (unless they buy them from the skiller). So, slayer is a fighting-based money-maker (without it, fighting was quite weak money-maker, except for the most higher level ones).

- Farming: the abillity to greatly speed-up the gathering of herblore products, that before it were quite slow to get + exclusive way to get other products required for cooking (like the summer pie products, mushrooms, etc), and a bit of a helping hand in wc as a side-product. So, farming is a mixture of money-maker and a great speeding-aid for supported skills. Farming itself, in its turn, is greatly supported by slayer: most of the good high-level seed droppers are slayer monsters.

- Con: Con is a mixture of show-off and luxuries (making things easier via house: from traveling around the world to fixing barrow armor, getting minor items, training prayer, using less space for spells, etc).

My guess is, that the new skillÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s outcome will resemble a mixture between slayer (not in training, just in the outcome) and farming: the abillity to get items and materials not obtainable by others, then either:

- sell them (so most of them will be tradable, unlike show-off items that are non-tradeable) ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâslayer method.

- use them as materials that allow you to speed-up training of supporting skills ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ farming method.

I guess the skill will tend more to the later method: its more reasonable to get inds from animals then getting finished ready-to-use tresures.

The next big question is: what will be the influence of the new items and products. The most trivial thinking is cloths: new outfits were mostly seccusfull in rs, because many players are constantly in search of new and more impressive and good-looking gear for their chars. But will it be the main use of hunting? I hope not. I really hope that the new weapons will fit higher-level players (cause only-show-off weapons with low stats, unlike clothes, doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t last long). New pets will be great, though I really hope to be supprised by new options and functions that will make the game more interesting.

And last, besides all of the functions: hunting, as any new skill. Will provide the game with new options and things to do, when you are bored with all other and older activities. And that thing is always for the best.

So, to me hunting sounds great (good work, jagex =D> )

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

i seriously think that hunting will just be a rip off of slayer. think of it, the hunting skill would probably involve killing things(DUH) for experience. that sounds a lot like slayer does it not? and even more there will most likely be hunt mastrers telling you what to hunt because i doubt they will just let you kill things for random experience. also, how do you hthink you go through the lvls, my guess is that there will be different monsters for different levels. SLAYER. in addition, i beleive that one of the new creatures will be a dragon with a different hide, being a high enough hunting level will allow yu to wear it (along with rang and def). now, think, equipment based on levels? SLAYER. i am not saying that this is right and every1 else is wrong, thats ignorant, but i am just saying that a lot of clues point it to being a rip off of slayer.

~#$hellfire717$#~

i doubt they will let u kill random things for exp???

ever heard of reg combat?

The PROUD owner of a fire cape.

-- I Support Israel, the United States, England, and any other country that has been attacked by terrorists--

---Any country attacked has a right to defend itself---