A fresh start-the Runescape Ladder

chris1216

Disclaimers:

1) This is purely a fun and hypothetical discussion

2) DON'T POST ABOUT IT NOT BEING FEASIBLE- that's not the point of the thread

3) This isn't a suggestion- it's extremely unfeasible and never will happen.

Background:

Back when the RS2 Beta was released, members had plenty of (temporary) fun testing the new engine while also enjoying a clean slate- everyone started with the exact same stats and items. No rares, no high leveled players, just everyone on an even playing field.

Idea:

A completely separate Runescape. Everyone can re-register their character and start as fresh newbies right off tutorial island. How much fun would that be? The completely different economy, all the races to do the quests and be the best in different skills, no ability to "buy" your way to a 99.

Personally, I would get a kick out of playing it.

Yeah, I like to get into games when they first begin and are sort of being developed. It's ever-changing and the players have actual influence in the way the game is made. When games have been around for five years or so (such as Runescape) you've got to be a higher level or you're not getting all of the game.

When a game is fresh and new everyone who joins up is at the same level, the same experience with the game, instead sometimes we have people that are RS2 Products and are hated by the RSC Veterans and vice versa.

I think anyone would jump at the chance of going back in time and joining RS when it first came out (anyone who plays now that is). But I know if everything was wiped away from our accounts I'd be out of this game in a second. (I know that wasn't what you were asking but I just thought I'd throw that out as many other people are going to as well).

it is funny to see the newer players reacting to people with rares. OMG!!! you are so rich!!!

i know plenty of people that have played years more then me. some of them are half my level, some of them twice my level. some of them have many phat sets, some are broke.

i dont get to wrapped up with seeing lots of bling, as a lot of this is luck and not skills.

arkwelded.png

semi-retired as i am the lastest victim of computer crack!

AKA... World of Warcraft

then the seperate highscores would be way different would show the true players of runescape not just the people that played for years.

In what way are people that played for years not true players of Runescape?

If anything they are more "true".

phata_elise.png

Hmm, I think it'd have to be a different game as I'm not sure that I'd fancy re-doing all the stuff I've done - and there are heaps of people who've done loads more!

Personally what I think would be interesting is an additional set of high scores based upon the time when players join. E.g. high scores of players joining in 2005 etc...

Mordendravid.png

Personally what I think would be interesting is an additional set of high scores based upon the time when players join. E.g. high scores of players joining in 2005 etc...

now this is an idea. id like to see how i stack up against other players who joined about the time i did.

pretty sure im beating the pants off most of them in combat xp.

goodcountry.gif

I think it'd be fair for newer people to the game to have their own place like that because they'll have a very hard time to catch up with the higher ranks right now and trying to catch a spot on the current highscores is getting harder everyday.

As for Runescape veterans, they should be able to make a decision about it and decide to stay or start anew.

Background:

Back when the RS2 Beta was released, members had plenty of (temporary) fun testing the new engine while also enjoying a clean slate- everyone started with the exact same stats and items. No rares, no high leveled players, just everyone on an even playing field.

What? When RS2 beta was released everyone had the same levels there as they did in the main game, along with the same items. I even pked wearing rares. :-k

Oh and newer players should be glad they didn't come into the game earlier. Because if they had they'd have had to work about 10x harder for EVERYTHING

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

i think this is similiar to diablo 2 where you could make a ladder character, where everyones lvl where reset after a while and you do it all over again. (i prolly worded it wrong so if someone remembers correctly fix what i said)

sorosigjq5.jpg

When a game is fresh and new everyone who joins up is at the same level, the same experience with the game, instead sometimes we have people that are RS2 Products and are hated by the RSC Veterans and vice versa.

That's going into my sig now! Or part of it anyhow.

That'd be awesome to start over, considering I'm an RSC Vet, and yes, I tend to sometimes hate RS2 Products, well, the ones who are complete jerks who say I'm a noob and stuff like "You should be this or this level instead of this!" It's annoying frankly. I've had my account for 5 years, and well, I'm straying off the subject!

But it would be cool to start all over again, and if I saw someone calling someone a noob, man would they be in for it..

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Pointless.

Say you didn't get to play that week that the new runescape was created.

Your already behind.

You want another restart?

You want to keep restarting till your #1?

Runescape is more about fun less about being the first or number one in everything.

Unless your obsessed with beating everybody like some people that quit recently...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

pointless i think

i like how it is now, all the high levels would just get annonyed that they were detcated to rs2 and now there is something else where a newbie and him are the same? yet he has played more

legends2.jpg

Pointless.

Say you didn't get to play that week that the new runescape was created.

Your already behind.

You want another restart?

You want to keep restarting till your #1?

Runescape is more about fun less about being the first or number one in everything.

Unless your obsessed with beating everybody like some people that quit recently...

trust me i have seen that happen before in other online games, and i have more respect for n0va then anyone else whom have tried to do that. you know why? because the guy did it quick and he did it his own way by him self and... well.

my point is, in another online game you could buy points. and these points would make your gaming alot better for this game. at the point i was playing this game alot this person named "tsunami" was rumored to have spent 30 thousand american dollars on points. now runescape is amazing because well... you dont get a 1up edge on the competition because you have a credit card. you actually have to do some work your self.

then the seperate highscores would be way different would show the true players of runescape not just the people that played for years.

Omg wow, this is going to cause so much agruement!!

RSC - Training xp per hour, 25k max, RS2, around 70k?

Ranging/Magic in rsc and earlier rs2, you actually had to do the skills to get levels, not melee at pc and trade your points in for xp without doing the skill.

Cook x vs no cook x?

Don't you dare get us old players started by not calling us true players of rs. In my mind, it's the new people of rs that aren't true players.

Wow you made me so very angry.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Im sure this will definately dissapoint the Top 2000 people in the highscores now,they've worked times harder for their achievements and this would sound very unfair (if you start late you gotta work harder)

0worker0.png

It'd be interesting. I've never been a high leveler and just being one of the top would be amazing. It'd work weirdly though. You'd need skills to get anywhere in the game. Take armour, rune armour's made by players (excepting treasure trail rewards) and without someone with the smithing level high enough, then none of the warriors would have rune armour. The whole trading thing would be pointless. Everyone'd be after the same goods.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.

actually in rs2 beta stage 1 you started out with only your stats

in stage 2 it was items and stats

in stage 3 it was items and stats

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned.