Firemakings point?

jjrox32

I don't see the point of firemaking. Ok, it'll help you raise total lvls and maybe help you til lvl 30 with cooking and the like, and maybe if you want a 99 cape. But the only time it's REALLY important is if your burning mage logs at the spitbark minigame. Anyone see any other valuable uses?

jjroxlu7.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it need to have a 'point'? Why shouldn't there be a skill that is mostly just for skill total? Afterall, the only thing in this game that is truely recognised is your skill total (through highscores).

And if you really need a use for it, try burning shades (on world 2), can get a decent amount of money out of it.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Do you want them to take it out or something? :roll:

It's been there quite a while, if you don't like it, then don't level it. It's not like its some new skill everyone anticipates(i.e. construction) and then it winds up pointless. Just get to 50 for desert treasure, and higher if you want your total to look good.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I've seen some posts (that Mod Craddock replied favorably to) on the High Level Content sticky in Suggestions on RSOF about being able to make fireworks to use/sell at higher levels, to make it a more profitable skill...who knows, it might happen.

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

Fireworks would be sicky nar-nar broseph...lol. Bw, how is firemaking related to transportation? Shades of mort'ton btw, mining helmet, quests etc...What's the point of construction u may ask, besides a money drainer...it's all relative, u can ask that about any skill and it's not muc.

You forget one important thing:

Level 49- Bulleseye lanterns

Need for light places like tears of guthix, slayer dungeon, cave horror cave.

yes more then lvl 50 is kind of useless unless u doing splitbarak mini game. but wait... you never know what they will add to the game.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

Firemaking is a skill that you won't use often, but is necessary for a few useful things in the game, including:

1.Bullseye Lanterns (or Mining Helmets if you want to save an inventory space).

2. Shades of Mort'ton is a rewarding way to train prayer and combat that requires a high firemaking level.

3. Balloon Travel- using the Castlewars to Entrana balloon route is a fast way to craft laws, and you can also use this for a shortcut to the crafting guild.

4. An irritating quest requirement. :P

I think that Jagex has been trying for a while to make Firemaking a skill with some use, and they did it fairly well.

I'm sure enough we could all agree on that Firemaking is the single most best skill in runescape... Remember thoes times and you were slaying cows and chickens and you wanted to cook their meat because you were getting low in health. Yeah, thats right FIREMAKING. With out the great and holy skill of firemaking you would have never been able to cook the meat. So in result, you would have died. Now in theory you would have kept dying and never gained any combat lvls because you could have never cook the meat and you were to poor to buy food. So, there for the combat lvl you are today all came from the skill Firemaking.

Get my point? or no? Then again, any one just could have used a stove to cook the meet.... But, no one knows where thoes are anymore...

sig3ya5.jpg

First place Winner of Nick 6464 F2P custom contest.

hmmm, in wildy, only have 1 magic log and a tinderbox, lot's of uncooked food, and low on health, ah here comes a pker!!! going thing i got my FIREMAKING up so i can light my magic log, cook my food, and not die with full guilded!

does THAT answer your question, lol

note:i do not have full guilded, lol

i love the people who compare firemaking to construction, you are idiots.

Construction = HUGE HOUSES with TONS OF things to do with it.

firemaking= firemaking. ownt pl0x.

I guess I would have to agree. That fact that firemaking would equal firemaking does make sense.

sig3ya5.jpg

First place Winner of Nick 6464 F2P custom contest.

Simple answer: Andrew Gower is a pyromaniac :roll:

Or,

Fire makes the world go round. Which it does.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

hmmm, in wildy, only have 1 magic log and a tinderbox, lot's of uncooked food, and low on health, ah here comes a pker!!! going thing i got my FIREMAKING up so i can light my magic log, cook my food, and not die with full guilded!

does THAT answer your question, lol

note:i do not have full guilded, lol

nobody goes to the wildy with uncooked food, especially if they're bringing valuable items with them. Besides that, any decent pker will have you dead long before you're able to get your food cooked. Common sense dictates you generally cook your food before you go out there.

I'll agree that firemaking isn't the most useful skill out there, but there is shade burning.. which also gives prayer exp, i think... For being as easy to raise as it already is, I wouldn't see the logic in it being more useful than what it is now.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png