Who is better at parking? Men or Women?

thedepressedsquirrel

This is possibly because they do it more often.

Yeah, because women are bad at it and get their husbands to do it.

It is as though, in general, women and reversing don't mix. At the supermarket I see them trying to go forwards into a space and taking several shots at it before finally being straight.

I'll probably say it comes down to confidence and reaction time. That and men tend to be more agresive drivers, so we don't [bleep] about getting it perfect and keep trying for 20 minutes, etc.

Near enough is good enough.

Out of all my friends, the females are more timid behind the wheel. There's only a few (females) who are an exception and that's only because they're rural people - and generally more rougher than the city boys I know :P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just because some guys want to drive and get mad if they dont... some. unless its about drinking then we have to drive <.<

haha, glad i ont have that problem

:-s wow.... i just drove against a tree without even pushing any button.... =;

It is true that men have better spatial awareness, hence making them better at tasks such as moving a car into a tight spot. I know as a female myself my parking skills were not excellent, but after a couple of gos I'd be fine. But yeah that game was actually impossible for female to park it, I know it's the intent, but it just irritates me that the majority of men assume all female drivers are awful, when it is not the truth.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

THIS is why I hate sexism.

I tried as a woman the first time. There are more cars on the road, before you park you start in a worse position, and as a man when the car touches the square you automatically get swivvled into position.

I'm not saying men aren't better in general, but in my opinion sexism is as bad as racism. I hope this stupid site gets removed/deleted/whatever happens to idiotic websites.

For the record, my mum is a better parker and driver than my dad. In fact I know lots of good female drivers.

LOL, funny and soooo realistic ;)

ARHGHGHGH I HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

I tried as a woman the first time. There are more cars on the road, before you park you start in a worse position, and as a man when the car touches the square you automatically get swivvled into position.

I'm not saying men aren't better in general, but in my opinion sexism is as bad as racism. I hope this stupid site gets removed/deleted/whatever happens to idiotic websites.

For the record, my mum is a better parker and driver than my dad. In fact I know lots of good female drivers.

Learn to take a joke, wow.

I think I ran over the chick like 10 times when I was the woman driver. :shock:

Chill out Issy. It's just a joke most of us find funny. No one thinks all women are truly bad drivers.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

For those outside of the uk. Nuts Magazine is a weekly mens entertainment mag, not indifferent from FHM. IT includes sport, cars and of course scantily clad ladies. It comes out weekly on thursdays and the TV adverts consist of women attemnpting to do what are normall mens jobs and failing miserably, chaning oil in a car for example. If you take serious offence at what is obviously a joke then you need to get out more.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Chill out Issy. It's just a joke most of us find funny. No one thinks all women are truly bad drivers.

I agree with Issy. Even for jokes, some lines are better left uncrossed.

And not everyone will take this as a joke. More immature little kids will take this as fact, because anything can influence their minds, and mostly boys in this case, will believe this, leading to sexism from what was thought of as a miniscule joke. Alot of jokes are taken too seriously, and people will start believing them. As I said, it's just best not to go there.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

The site and magazine is aimed at men ages 18-30. "immature little kids" as you put it shoudlnt be there in the first place.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Guest GhostRanger
The site and magazine is aimed at men ages 18-30. "immature little kids" as you put it shoudlnt be there in the first place.

Exactly.

Viktor: Learn to take a joke. Seriously - if you can't just laugh at stupid little game then you're going to have a hard time in real life. OMGZORZ THEY MADE A JOKE ABOUT WOMEN DRIVING!!!!!! THATS SO MEAN!! EGO!! (EVEN THOUGH EGO DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE I'M GOING TO KEEP SAYING IT REALLY BIG~~~!!! EGO!!

Seriously, even the most liberal/European posters on this board aren't taking it seriously. I think it's more of a sign of YOUR immaturity that you can't laugh at it, rather than someone who can.

As I said, it's just best not to go there.

I guess if you were in charge we'd only be allowed to tell knock-knock jokes.

I think it's more of a sign of YOUR immaturity that you can't laugh at it, rather than someone who can.

I agree with this.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Regardless if it is a joke. I still think it says something about our society, otherwise why would they have cared to make it?

It says that people are prepared to have a laugh at each other. There are plenty of jokes about men as well, being afraid of commitment, thinking with our genitals etc. - we don't whine about that.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

neither are the lexus is:)

self parking gotta love it

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

As I said, it's just best not to go there.

I guess if you were in charge we'd only be allowed to tell knock-knock jokes.

I think it's more of a sign of YOUR immaturity that you can't laugh at it, rather than someone who can.

I agree with this.

Knock-knock.

Who's there?

Female driver.

Female driver who?

Female driver crashing into a tree.

:shock:

It is as though, in general, women and reversing don't mix. At the supermarket I see them trying to go forwards into a space and taking several shots at it before finally being straight.

I'll probably say it comes down to confidence and reaction time. That and men tend to be more agresive drivers, so we don't [bleep] about getting it perfect and keep trying for 20 minutes, etc.

Near enough is good enough.

Out of all my friends, the females are more timid behind the wheel. There's only a few (females) who are an exception and that's only because they're rural people - and generally more rougher than the city boys I know :P

Well actually now you're refering to perfectionists. I guess women are more sensitive the accuracy. I'm amazed at how the female gender write so neat. Then I look at my male classmates and myself...

So if the person is very sensitive to perfection, then it could take 20 minutes to park a damn car.

As said above, close enough is good enough.

Women are more likely to get breast cancer than men.

Omg sexism. OMG!

Seriously, a joke is a joke. And this is actually like a flowchart. This leans more on people focused on perfectionism than gender...and I hate to admit it but females are neater, ones I've seen are obsessed with little things. One type of towels should only be bought cause they're better then they scream when it isn't, like my mom does at my dad.

And what's with the male jokes then? When people compare males to pigs and animals do we bs like hell? No. Most of us take them and ignore it.

Then there's the women are angels and men are devils.

There's a bunch of generalizations that arn't true. We take it and you bs about it. Comon! Feel like we are the ones being trampled on.