Tip.It Times Presents: An Interview with Gregechidna6

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fook! :D It's been years, eh? It's always so nice to see a familiar name.

And I'm pretty sure that WOLF reigned on top for the player killing portion of the mailing lists. ;) I haven't seen one of those in so long, wowies.

Again - thanks for all the nice replies and feedback, fellow 'Scapers. I'm glad everybody's enjoying the interview.

Ya well its your fault that its been years hehehe ..

Ya, WOLF is definitely on the mailing list hiscore, and Janneperkele, and Messiah 10 . :-k

We need to make a forum like the one Pepsi24 had, what was it called ? and get gunar and stompfest back . yarr.

Good article, I would definately say I found it a better read than last weeks.

My opinion is that we could use more articles like this, interviewing more older players or discussing the history of the game rather than just a brief talk about whatever update happened the last week or two, or whats coming in the near future.

greg. Who were the first and second to 99 attack, strength, etc.?

Zonghui and than Fckedyomomm.

Or wait.. Was Fcked the 4th ? .. Anyway he was banned.

#1. Zonghui

#2. Ladykilljoy

#3. Gregechidna6

Very good interview. Now all you need is one of Zezima (Did I find that on Tip.It or was it a different site?)

There is one. Search for it in the archives.

I liked this article. It gives us a specific sense of what Runescape was. Overall, it was a good interview--better than the Zezima one. The content in this one was excellent.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

This is my first time posting, but I just have to say, "Wow, I wish we could do that again." I've only been playing for a year, so I missed out on all this good stuff. PvP all over the place, a tight community, powerful clans, god that sounds fun. Why couldn't I have found out about runescape five years ago!?!?! Curse you monkeys!!!

And now it's time to play with smileys

:twisted: :evil: :wall: :boohoo: :mrgreen: :uhh:

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

that was a really great read, another top notch interview, but it was pretty depressing too, since it reminded me of the crappy community (as was pointed out earlier) and the inevitability of losing interest. oh well.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

:shock: Wow....that bank....Wow

Now ill say this I don't post unless I see it is necessary.

:thumbsup: Awsome article best I like so far!

:boohoo: Why didn't I start when my friend told me at the end of 200 or 2001 but I waited till 2003

:-# *must not say things*

Anyways nice to see/hear a real good history lesson. :thumbsup:

I started pking on my first noob in sept. 02 on my noob range faster. i remember getting to 130k and then waiting forever and saving up to buy that r2h for about 200k.

zehn or zenh and her name was like cute killa or somthing on her noob. she was my partner or he. no one cared to ask back then. he brings back alot of memorys.

I love fishing and cooking I used to pk 24/7

zechs12467 was a good freind of mine somthing like that he had 24 rune items at one point he made me transfer I was a noob at the time so i dind't understand the problem with this. didn't even know rune was good. I don't think rune was out for a while though.

sit on my noob ask for fish.

he brings back the memories ill always have, i had no idea who this guy was I didn't really know about bluerose or him. i seen zezima at the smithing place with all of his freinds buying rune bars for like 130k each or somthing. I wanted 99 smithing so badly so i got upto about 73 then quit and i'm now 74 currently

RUNE DOESN'T LOOK GOOD ANYMORE...

24788.png

RUNE DOESN'T LOOK GOOD ANYMORE...

You gotta be kidding! Rune stuff looks rather awesome! I'll admit, it ain't SherWood Dungeon or WoW, but for a medieval-variety web game with its' own twists, they did a nice job on improving rune item look and form in RS2 between the time it came out, and when RSC originally existed. :thumbsup:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The Editor: What skills were available when the game started? In my short time as a player I've seen the addition of slayer, farming and construction. And now hunting has just come out this month. What was the original skill set?

No doubt in the world that the editor this week is Oddfaery!

Anyway I loved the article it definitely brings back memories of my short lived RSC life.

Gregechidna6 & Fook A Ji, now that's Oldskool. By the way Fook when did you quit/stop playing as much? I remember when you were playing back at the near end of RSC classic right? :-k

Kinda quit seriously playing in 2004. Now I play when I got some spare time, just to keep myself on the top 100 hiscores for f2p :P

Anyway the post is about greggy, talk about him lolzzz \'

Hehe, ok.

I got a question for Greg than. **Hopes that I didn't miss the answer in the article**

How did you find out about Runescape in the first place? As it was a tiny game when you joined and surely wasn't advertising at that stage, as it was going through development.

How did you find out about Runescape in the first place? As it was a tiny game when you joined and surely wasn't advertising at that stage, as it was going through development.

Yeah, it wasn't really advertised much, but I remember a link to the game was on one site I would visit a lot during my study hall-esque class in middle school. The site was just a ton of links to free games like Asteroids, Pac-Man and things like that.

I was just scrolling through the huge list of links and accidently clicked on RuneScape. Upon the website loading, I decided to give it a shot, since it looked too wild for a free game - and look what happened! ;)

-GregEchidna

Third player in RuneScape to 99 attack, strength, defense and hitpoints.

Yeah, it wasn't really advertised much, but I remember a link to the game was on one site I would visit a lot during my study hall-esque class in middle school. The site was just a ton of links to free games like Asteroids, Pac-Man and things like that.

I was just scrolling through the huge list of links and accidently clicked on RuneScape. Upon the website loading, I decided to give it a shot, since it looked too wild for a free game - and look what happened! ;)

Now here's the trick, GregEchidna6... DON'T leave RuneScape!

I'd personally like to end up running into you (pun intended) one of these days on an F2P world. :)

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Great Article

The game sounded more challenging back in the day, wish I could of been there to mix with the best ;)

Just a minor spelling error:

"And now, for my current bank - of course, it's not the WHOLE bank, just the first six rows, but it still gives you a pretty good idea of what I've got socked away in there..."

Socked lol

How is socked away a spelling error? It's a perfectly acceptable expression. From Dictionary.com:

Results for: sock away

sock

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâverb (used with object):

1. to strike or hit hard.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãânoun:

2. a hard blow.

3. a very successful show, performance, actor, etc.: The show was a sock.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâadjective:

4. extremely successful: a sock performance.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Very good interview. Now all you need is one of Zezima (Did I find that on Tip.It or was it a different site?)

The Zezima interview IS one of ours. Here's the link:

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?times=39

And be sure to check out our other articles in the Tip.It Times Archives.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Great Article

The game sounded more challenging back in the day, wish I could of been there to mix with the best ;)

Just a minor spelling error:

"And now, for my current bank - of course, it's not the WHOLE bank, just the first six rows, but it still gives you a pretty good idea of what I've got socked away in there..."

Socked lol

How is socked away a spelling error? It's a perfectly acceptable expression. From Dictionary.com:

Results for: sock away

sock

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâverb (used with object):

1. to strike or hit hard.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãânoun:

2. a hard blow.

3. a very successful show, performance, actor, etc.: The show was a sock.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâadjective:

4. extremely successful: a sock performance.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

I wanna know something: Did Tip.It ever interview 3___Hit___U or Kar_Na_Vor the greatest 1 DEF Pure and only 1 DEF Pure to date to have 99 ATK, STR, and MAGIC. He also has 85 RANGED and 97 HP.

If Tip.It never intervied these guys, could you please interview them? I'd want both but if I had to pick one I'd want Kar_Na_Vor since he isn't well known, and because of that the false rumors that B_R_A_V_3_S is the best 1 DEF Pure get spread around.

WEll, it's nice to know about GregEchinda6. He is one of the OGs of RS and I respect that. Hope you get back interested someday. =D