Tip.It Times Presents: An Interview with Gregechidna6

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

An Interview with Gregechidna6

The Editor

Recently the Editor met up with Gregechidna6 in The Blue Moon Inn in Varrock. In case you don't know Greg, he's the 3rd player to reach 99 attack, strength, defense and hitpoints. Over a few Asgarnian Ales, they talked about what it was like...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, great article. Its a shame that the RS community is turning downhill, but I generally ignore it and train. Well, that shows I have no community. :oops:

EDIT: ZOMG! First ever post on a big topic!

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

Guest Armagedon46disabled

wow very nice article, and i do remember him, back in rsc i use to look up to him:), and to think hes not famous kinda sucks, he should be he is a rs legend

I was delightfully pleased with the article. I learned a lot of things about RSC that I didn't before. The way Greg was describing it makes me wish I had discovered Runescape back then. There were a few errors in the article (Greg's name was spelled differently in a few instances, the third paragraph of Greg's was duplicated right before the bank picture), but I enjoyed reading it. Nice job.

I wish i'd played back then, but I only started a year and a few months ago........

Even though I wish Jagex woul d allow us members who haven't played play rsc i'm also glad because the new community would just enter classic and it would be just like rs2 with not as good graphics and skills.

nice article though, and can some1 help me with my siggy cabn't get it 2 wrk.

Wow, that was a *very* interesting read. It gave an in-depth look at what RSC was like. Reading everything about RSC really wants me to go back in time and play it for myself - no, not for the phats - but for it's community and the game's newness. I always like to play new games that have just started out.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Very good article.

Tbh, I never heared of that guy, but then, I never played RS :(

Sounded more fun then this indeed.

What that guy said... Is true, the Pk'ing aspect sounds more fun indeed!

And gratz to Lightning if you made that famous pk'er switch!

(Guess you are the Ediroe *ahem* but that's for another tread).

Really good read! I certainly like those interviews!

Can't wait for next interview! Keep 'em comming!

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Thanks for all the nice comments, everybody! I'm glad everybody's enjoying it! I certainly had fun being interviewed by the Editor. :D

My name has unfortunately been constantly butchered throughout the past six years of RuneScape - I'm way too used to it, Ddrmaster. ;)

One thing I'd like to clear up, I have no idea why that first picture says "my RSC bank," it's just my inventory. I wrote about the best kill in the wilderness I'd ever gotten and included that picture, ah well. :)

-GregEchidna

Third player in RuneScape to 99 attack, strength, defense and hitpoints.

This has to be one of my first posts in the forums. Anyway, this article really hit home with me, as I have been playing for almost 6 years now, so I remember almost everything Greg was referencing to. I do remember the pk'ing everywhere, or the options for warrior, miner, adventurer and such when you started out (I was a miner!). I do recall having many good conversations with people about who was on top that day, I remember Tks and Bluerose13x were the favorite to chat about. I was one of the first members, I think, and I completed the Underground Pass quest during the first days it was out-- no guides, just trial and error. I am still proud of that. I remember having conversations with Whitemagem and Thehate before they climbed the high scores. I quit for several years when my membership ran out, which was about the time of the big 3D update. I am back as of a few months ago, and I agree that the community in runescape is ruined; there are no longer any individuals, nor is there any reason to achieve, except for yourself. RIP Old Runescape.

as i was looking at the comment of what people said i also realised that some peoples sigs incuded "r.i.p the old nite" but where the come back and keep playing rs for legned for life greg? ahs he been forgoten? nice read

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

There were a few errors in the article (Greg's name was spelled differently in a few instances, the third paragraph of Greg's was duplicated right before the bank picture), but I enjoyed reading it. Nice job.

Fixed, thanks for pointing these out. Have to have a word with the Editor about these... :wink:

One thing I'd like to clear up, I have no idea why that first picture says "my RSC bank," it's just my inventory. I wrote about the best kill in the wilderness I'd ever gotten and included that picture, ah well. :)

Sorry about that, sometimes editing kinda musses thing up. Fixed now.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Darn I wish I was there back then. That was a killer bank. All the party hats and tons of easter eggs. 8 santa hats. 8 masks. 7 pumpkins. Ugh, I guess I'll just have to earn all that stuff. Not to mention the 5 mil and 155k steel arrows. But I wish I too could see what was so great about rsc.

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

That kinda depressed me, reminds me of the downward spiral of gaming communities.

When bunny ears were dropped, I was around level 20, and I tried to drop trade them for full black with someone

proud owner of bunny ears and scythe (rsc fo lyf)

muska007.png

Darn I wish I was there back then. That was a killer bank. All the party hats and tons of easter eggs. 8 santa hats. 8 masks. 7 pumpkins. Ugh, I guess I'll just have to earn all that stuff. Not to mention the 5 mil and 155k steel arrows. But I wish I too could see what was so great about rsc.

not many people would know i guess he just published what it was so were all pretty lucky.

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!