Tip.It Times Presents: An Interview with Gregechidna6

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started waay back, around the same time. I was fun, absorbing.. I was never very good so I didn't get into the community as much :'( But I had friends like Yurida6 *WOOT!* who helped me on knights sword and stuff. I remember it was so much fun. Personally, I like RS2 better now, even though the community isn't there, because I create my own.. with my own group of friends.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

ah greg...i do remember you, more like running away from you :roll:

i remember talking about you a lot with my friends and such but never really got to talk to you much other than maybe the occasional, "i swear i don't have runite ores"

anyhow, nice to see that your still doing well.

Asellus Girl

konatabe2.jpg

-------------

99 miner

@ Topic:

A great job by The Editor, in my opinion, managing to catch GregEchidna6 for an interview. :) I wish I knew who The Editor was for this one article, just so I could stick their name in this post instead of just "The Editor", because they really deserve positive thanks for getting this article up! =D>

To GregEchidna6:

DON'T GIVE UP ON RUNESCAPE! I am certain that there are many who would love to meet you and train with you and such. :)

Heck, maybe you can take some load off of poor ol' Zezima (Go ahead, call me a "noob" for mentioning that... :P ...) so those who wish for a meaningful discussion with him can have one, as well as actually getting in a meaningful discussion with you too! Of course, obviously, I wish people weren't "mobbing" any RS Legend so people could have meaningful discussion with them, but sadly, there's too much "fan worship" going on in-game. :cry:

@ ALL: I'll be waiting for the next Tip.It Times... Until then... ***bugs out***

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Far out!!! this was one of the best times articles i've read in quite a while :mrgreen: =D> . i have only been playin RS for a year or so, so i know nothing of RSC, but reading this sure made me wish i played way back when in the good ol' days.

Ansone more thing...i agree the community is sorta messed up, so why dont we all do our part and make it better by being friendlier to your average RS player :thumbsup:

IF everyone on tip.it starts that maybe things will change. Together we can make a difference (sorry i really wanted to say that lol :-w )

well thats just my two cents

jogus99.png

nice interview... tips always do awesome interviews.

If I could back to that year, would be pretty good to play rsc at least to fell what everbody who played felt :D

Also, I would like to say that its interesting the fact he said about the rares, I think one day they will just desapear because the people who bought rares will stop play as they are doing now and one day nobody will sell them. Of course, it may not happen, but its possible and i belive that. :?

Oh those times were to be remembered, losing 1k then was like losing all barrows sets in one fell swoop here, as well as a fury, fire cape and all that riched out gear.

I would've loved to kept those beer glasses at the end of that interview, but being there would've been much better.

Oh nostalgia, classic times around then were just great.

Thanks for the interview!

So yea, this is the first time ive ever posted on the forums, and what urged me to do this is...this article, it was verrryyy coooooll...it makes me wanna build a time machine, and travel back in time to just see how life was. This makes me wanna find a new game that has just came out, and make an account :D

anyways niceeeeeeeee article

A new study shows that 98% of teenagers listen to emo music. If your one of the 2% that stayed straight gangsta put this in your sig.

http://skateman24.tripod.com/OWNAGE.jpg

Yeah I pretty Much feel the same way as Greg, the games not what it used to be, its completely lost its original feel. I LIKED the 2d graphics

and the simple straightforward gameplay. Now its all about getting the kids to convince their parents to pay for members, seems to be about it.

Or else just keep the high lvl members who are addicted to the game with something new to do to keep them interested.

I joined back in july of 2001. I remember when There would only be a few thousand people on at once. When I first saw 10,000 on, I was very surprised.The Rune 2h was the best weapon in the game and costed 450K.

Rune large was 100k when I got my first one. I dont remember the rest of the prices, but I think full rune was worth like 400k or more, not including weapons. One of my freinds was a guy named waltteri, the first 99 miner. Once he gave me one rune ore for every 25 silver ones i mined

him, and then I had to spend a lot of time( I was f2p back then) finding a 99 smith lol. well I only found a 90+ smith(forget the level now) but he made me 10 rune battles out of the rune, and then I sold them for 90k each! Good times. I have a lot more memorys, but oh well. I basically have no more interest in the game Either, its no fun anymore. I never got my combat as high as some, but my mage, crafting herblaw, are all way up there. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

great article. i like rs2 the way it is tho. i know who greg is, back in the day when i hadnt heard of rs my friends who played wanted to be like you. nice bank =)

Proud member of 3 runescape fansites- tip.it, zybez, and runehq (tho the runehq forums were a little wierd to navigate so i purposefully forgot my account name and password for it)

I would also like to point out that back in those days you signed up with an email account and before they had highscores tables the highscore emails and upcoming updates were sent out in an email.

I have since lost the copies of those emails that I did have but they showed statistics such as how many player kills people had and other strange stats that I dont think jagex monitors anymore.

I think the people here at tip.it should put out a call to see if any people have those emails kicking around from way back. Alas my forgotten hotmail account was reset after a while and mine were lost forever.

:boohoo: classic was better but the truth is rs2 is just as good, theres more variaty to do. now ull never see a fight without the dagger and pking sum1 means nothing these days. when a friend pks a scimmy its just like right....good 4 u. no1 cares.

back in the day, seeing a lvl 80 was nuts. ppl would follow him.

but all the changes are for the best. hey all u ppl are sad, so y do u still play. if u dont like it as much, change games. and for greg, its sad in a way hes a hasbeen but wat do u expect, the game evolved ande more ppl started playing. so be it. he quit. anyways, hes just saying how it was.

if u had an interview in 4 years, u would talk about how great it was when al the new skills came out. it was madness, every1 would race for lvl 30 including urself. after that, we watch the addicted get 99. its all good. anywayz, its ok 2 live in the past but not 2 much :thumbsup:

Anyone Want My Santas.....

Guest ejp2005

Great Article

The game sounded more challenging back in the day, wish I could of been there to mix with the best ;)

Just a minor spelling error:

"And now, for my current bank - of course, it's not the WHOLE bank, just the first six rows, but it still gives you a pretty good idea of what I've got socked away in there..."

Socked lol

I would also like to point out that back in those days you signed up with an email account and before they had highscores tables the highscore emails and upcoming updates were sent out in an email.

I have since lost the copies of those emails that I did have but they showed statistics such as how many player kills people had and other strange stats that I dont think jagex monitors anymore.

I think the people here at tip.it should put out a call to see if any people have those emails kicking around from way back. Alas my forgotten hotmail account was reset after a while and mine were lost forever.

i possibly still got one where MM (mysticsmagics) is the best overall with 782, and jannesniper is best pk'er with around 300 pk's .

i try to look for it :wall:

Fook! :D It's been years, eh? It's always so nice to see a familiar name.

And I'm pretty sure that WOLF reigned on top for the player killing portion of the mailing lists. ;) I haven't seen one of those in so long, wowies.

Again - thanks for all the nice replies and feedback, fellow 'Scapers. I'm glad everybody's enjoying the interview.

-GregEchidna

Third player in RuneScape to 99 attack, strength, defense and hitpoints.