A Heavier Topic

Astralinre

WARNING: The topic starter is in no way responsible for emotional trauma caused by this thread to members of PETA. Read at your own risk.

I've started this topic due to popular support. Thanks, Vick, for the inspiration.

----------------------------------------

I'm an animal lover. I love them grilled, fried, roasted, barbequed, broiled, stir fried -- it's all good.

I'll try just about any type of meat that once lived on land. (No sea food but shrimp for me.) Chicken is my favorite, white or dark meat, fried or barbequed. Pork tenderloin is incredible when it's marinated and grilled to perfection. Tender, medium-well steaks and big juicy hamburgers are my favorite types of beef. Thin sliced deli turkey piled high on a sandwich... mmm.

So what are your favorite types of meat? How do you like them cooked?

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For every animal you vegetarian freaks don't eat, I'll eat three, varied ones. Probably a pig, a cow and a rabbit.

EDIT:

I think this is a little pertinent here on this thread. My grandmom was telling me a story back from the time when she lived in a farm.

It was a stormy day, she had to stay indoors. For the cows, however, all there was left was a huge tree up on a hill.

About 10 cows seeked shelter under that tree. A couple of minutes later, lightning hits the tree. She could smell roasted meat from kilometers away, inside her house.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Beef: Yummy

Chicken: Almost as good

Lamb: Alright

Pig: Never tried the stuff.

I like my meat well done.

Shrimp: Good

Crab: Good

Lobster: Alright

Octopus: Alright

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Has anyone ever tried venison? I've only had it once, but it was delicious. It kind of reminded me of steak.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Has anyone ever tried venison? I've only had it once, but it was delicious. It kind of reminded me of steak.

Good stuff, but I still prefer a steak with lots of juices and a bit of fat hanging on the edges :)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Yeah it was really good, we killed the deer that we got it from.

Actually, that's probably what made it so tastey.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Haha, I hadn't read your most recent post Astralinre and I was thinking I'd post my favourite, then I read it:

Yes, venison is my favourite. It is like beef++. I like it stir fried. I like it because it is super meaty, generally very lean (I HATE fat, except crispy fried streaky bacon) and it has a really rich taste.

Other than that I like all meats - I just don't eat some forms because it isn't worth the hassle removing all the fast. Most lamb, for example - I love the flavour but it is so fatty that it is an effort to prune it all off.

I also love cured & dried meats. I like jerky, biltong, most salamis (chorizo scrambled eggs are great), rosemary pancetta is excellent.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Steak, bleeding. 8-)
=P~ I'll second that motion.
=P~ indeed, as well as properly marinated ribs. There's almost something spiritual about reaching out to your inner cavemen by tearing meat from bones with your teeth.

The weirdest kind of meat I've had is dog, stir fried with a pretty sweet sauce. The meat was a little too greasy and the sauce was nothing special, so the whole thing wasn't too interesting.

I don't really have a favourite type of meat, I'm more of an omnivore. Well, kinda. I think every single kind of meat can be prepared in a way that makes it appetizing. I have no problem whatsoever when it comes to fish and seafood, some of the best dishes I've ever eaten involvs a fair bit of fish.

I do set my limits near bodyparts that aren't meat. I think I could eat goose liver, I know I'd have no problem with fried grasshoppers, but no way am I ever going to taste ape brain or the likes. Haggis gives me the creeps.

(... now I'm really hungry)

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

no way am I ever going to taste ape brain

:lol: CAN you even think of eating that as a human? I'm very tolerous of different cultures and cuisines, but that's going over the top. I've seen a lot in my life, like people eating a tiger's private parts, but that's just...

grilled, fried, roasted, barbequed, broiled, stir fried.

Chicken is my favorite, white or dark meat, fried or barbequed. Pork tenderloin is incredible when it's marinated and grilled to perfection. Tender, medium-well steaks and big juicy hamburgers are my favorite types of beef. Thin sliced deli turkey piled high on a sandwich... mmm.

Thanks for giving me a free weapon to shove in front of my friend's face when she's pissing me off. I could eat that post itself.

Anyways, sirloin, beef jerky and mignon steaks are awesome, I wonder why nobody mentioned them. And as the above gentleman pointed out, buffalo meat is also one thousand three hundred and thirty-seven times more delicious than the excuse of a 'meat' McDonalds uses in hamburgers.

And as the above gentleman pointed out, buffalo meat is also one thousand three hundred and thirty-seven times more delicious than the excuse of a 'meat' McDonalds uses in hamburgers.

I've been told that yak is quite lean and tasty as well.

Punctuation.gif

Anything wild should be, really. It gets lots of exercise with both reduces the fat and increases the flavour - that's why I like game so much.

I wonder if suffering makes them tastier.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.