Does/Has Runescape Affected Anything In Your Life?

tylersk8shop

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it used to deduct several hours of my life per day, which left me at the days end pondering what I had done in that time that was of use.

At which point I would swiftly reply:

"Nothing."

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

other than taking away mucho hours of my life, its changed my attitude towards stuff - in a good way. ive become more witty, thoughtful, and more concerned about certain issues about stuff. im better at making up points or rebuttles, not to mention fast typing skills. EVERY SINGLE PERSON will learn to type fast whilst playing runescape.

Actualy, yes. In fact I could say (funny enough) that it probaly changed my life.

So, little story. I was playing runescape and reading these forums like any other day, when I found out you could make these cool things called "Signatures" and make runescape cash for them! Well, being a newbie I instantaniously jumped on it and started to work on these "signatures".

My first trys were horrid. In fact, I don't consider myself hardly decent until about a year into making them. I progressed really slowly, and during that time I probaly got into some pretty heated arguments back in the day.

However, as I've progressed I've gotten... better. In fact, I now am going to be taking up a job with the main focus being Digital Art! (Hopefully a game design job working on the art in it.)

If it weren't for runescape, sadly enough, I would have never even thought nor dreamed of making something. Hell, I would have never known what photoshop was if it were not for runescape.

So, thats my story. It really is funny on how seemingly the smallest things in your life can completly change it.

im better at making up points or rebuttles, not to mention fast typing skills. EVERY SINGLE PERSON will learn to type fast whilst playing runescape.

hahah rs has made me learn how to type like 50 percent faster without looking at the keyboard

Wondering what to do with life .....

First off, it hasn't particularly changed my life timewise. Hours which i would spend on repeatedly playing the same console games (can't afford many) are now just spent adventuring.

Second, I don't think its really changed me as much as other things have.

Third, yes, my typing has improved dramatically.

Changed anything in my life? Nope. Well... Unless sapping my lfie away counts? :-k No. Didn't think so. *Goes back to hunting*

*stops hunting again*

Well.. It's benifited me slightly. Well.. My business studies dramatcily improved as did my Mathes. Well.. I still faield mathes.. But it helped a bit? And I can now type faster.. Although I try to type faster then I realy can.. Therefore.. Making mistakes liek htis oll.

*goes back to hunting*

I Tonysown I - Retired for now...

suster.png

My typing skills have improved amazingly, in an ICT lesson I was typing and the person next to me just said 'Holy **** you type so fast!', that pleased me. My maths has also improved with all the trading. Runescape has imrpvoed many useful skills. 90% of the time I spend on runescape has helped me.

sig5235ro7.jpg

IT has not help my typing as much as this forum has but has still has some effects. When Christmas came last year my mother gave us Christmas crackers and we got some party hats and for a half a second i freaked out too.

Runescape also made my life happier. I had a grouch type of attitude till i started playing runescape.

I guess RuneScape attributed to my learning of Photoshop and that's greatly helped my UID(User Interface Design) Module in my ICT course.

Besides that, I guess RuneScape made me very easily irritated.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

Lemme see I now type over 200 wpm (not joking) I gained a little weight and I'm more social, overall not bad \'

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

Lemme see I now type over 200 wpm (not joking)

What does that mean? lol, i hear people talking about wpm's and stuff and i have no idea what it means :shock:

Runescape has changed my life a bit.

First of all (as someone said above) you get to hear some stupid jokes at rs that you can use at real life (stealing other peoples jokes? no way :shock: ), and some of them might make some of your friends laugh, or smile a bit.

And also you learn to talk to different kind of people, cause irl you only talk to (for example) Finnish people, who are alotta different that English, American or Chinese people etc.

At least im not that shy talking to strangers anymore than i used to be, cause iv learnt that people aint that bad as iv thought they are, lol.

And nowadays when RS excists, i dont have to think what to do when im real bored. I just turn on my PC and yesh, runescape!

as i used to, i just went to sofa and sat there for hours before bed time, lunch etc lol.

So yea, it has changed my life a bit. Though... I could deal with it if RS didn't excist :P

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

After a while I checked the Ooc's boards, and I saw people making pixel signatures, whilst worshipping Xman ( :P ) I started making pixel sigs, and now, after a year, I see myself as quite a good pixeler. Ive stopped trying to become better then Xman though :lol:. But maybe someday :wink:

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

well...i now have a fine reputation of being a nerd in school and i mean not once a week but at least 3 times a day....i now have an immunity \'

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

dragontotem wrote:

Quote:

Lemme see I now type over 200 wpm (not joking)

What does that mean? lol, i hear people talking about wpm's and stuff and i have no idea what it means Shocked

Words Per Minute. Wink

ooooh, thankyou very much :)

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

First off, my typing has increased from 12 WPM to 68 WPM over the 4 months I have been playing. Secondly, I lost all my smart-alecky-ness to this game. Finally, I have lost all grouchiness towards my family.

One bad thing- I suddenly love violence :mrgreen:

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest