dumbest deal you ever made

pikapal17

Trading my whip for 'Absolutly Nothing'... That was one fast scammer... :cry:

(Whips were 2.5m at the time.)

I wasn't paying attention when I clicked accept the first time, then I clicked it again when I realized there was no "2.5m (2,500,000) gp". It was partially my fault ( <.< ), so I wasn't horribly mad. *sigh*.

Screenshots10-16-2007-100108AM11-10.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling my santas when they had just started raising..

yea i bought and sold mine the minute i saw them start to rise...who would have known they would have risen so much

Ralvn.png

• 1 month later...

Umm... someone was begging me for my full rune... I jokingly trade them... My mom was telling me to come eat lunch, so I had to hurry... I accept the first trade screen, and click accept on the second one too... Then I log out not realizing what I just did...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

Someone scammed me for a Santa back in RSC. It was the old "put up money and take away" one, but they were pretty cheap back then so I wasn't too discouraged.

I'm trying to figure out how that would work.. but i can't.

In RSC, you needed to hold down the mouse button on the coins to put how much you wanted. It would be blatantly obvious that somebody was trying to scam you.

Someone scammed me for a Santa back in RSC. It was the old "put up money and take away" one, but they were pretty cheap back then so I wasn't too discouraged.

I'm trying to figure out how that would work.. but i can't.

In RSC, you needed to hold down the mouse button on the coins to put how much you wanted. It would be blatantly obvious that somebody was trying to scam you.

I think he's saying the person put it up and instantly took it away before quickly accepting the offer, or using a macro to accept, in order immediately send it to the final confirmation screen.

I believe what he says, the trade screen in rsc moved MUCH faster than it does in RS. you could get thorugh all the screens almost instantly and if you weren't paying attention ouch.

My most idiotic stuff : Selling last 2 greens before they hit an INSANE price jump.

oldschool idiocy : Keeping a santa hat on classic hahaha...I still have it there. I don't know exactly how many santas I had when I kept one on classic, but I'm pretty sure it was >10 since I kept one on classic. Those were all sold for probably around a mil or less \' oh well

i was online for both drops and could've horded them for <20k each (probably a ton less if i hit up lumbridge and just offered n00bs 1k for their santa/halloween stashes)

at least i have a pretty decent excuse for selling em. How could i expect them to be worth tens of millions when i saw them myself FALLING FROM THE SKY (almost literally) and then every idiot around wearing them around for the next few months because they were so common. There's no way I could picture something i saw fall from the sky, with my own eyes, as being a great investment opportunity :lol:

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

Well normally I'm a very careful trader, seeing I make a lot of my money from merchanting but this one time..

Some guy begged for me to give him a job, so I let him mine essence for me. I mistakenly told him I would pay him 100 each, instead of the normal price of 10 each. I didn't realize it till several days after the trade, when he asked if he could mine for me again. Good thing it was only 1k essence.

icecube7.jpeg

Back when i had just joined members, i did a clue scroll and got ranger boots, sold them for 2 rune pickaxes and 10k :wall: nowdays thats 1.5m+ lost

Also quite often ive bought something like infinity boots, and resold an hour later for 50-100k less because ive got bored of them #-o

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

mine was buying ahrim robe top and bottom, was buying for 2 m i think, the guy put up, and while i was typing the 2m he changed them to priest robes, god i was mad, 2 days of full on merchenting :( :-k :notalk: :-X , and getting scammed of 32.95 m cash and black mystic boots and gloves for a whip, which he changed for a bow string :-k

R.I.P badboyjoe1, hacked and stolen, aged 2.5 years, 1401 total lv and over 14 m net worth.

sir%20drake%2055.gif

My last one was a merchanting blunder, when I thought Mud Staves were still 2M each.

So I traded a whip for a Mystic Mud and a Skeletal Legs.

Then I saw someone selling a Dragon Hatchet, so I offered the Mud Staff and 1.1M, thinking Dragon axes were 3.1 still. Which was lucky.

Because I sold the Axe for 2.8.

What ended up happening was:

Whip: 1.8 -> M Mud / Skel Legs: 1.5 -> D hatchet - 1.1: 1.7 + Legs = 1.8

Nice merchanting to make up for a mistake ;)

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Don't think I ever made any really wrong deals... :P

Only considerable 'mistakes' I have made in the past were rebuying santa hats after christmas 2003 and not buying up phats during the dupe of 2003 because I was affraid that they'd be deleted...