What do you hate most about school?

Goldenjkered

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to a Catholic Jesuit school.

I HATE religion in schools. I don't mind the work, but getting religion shoved down your throat in high school... ack.

Ditto, but I do love seeing my RE teacher crap himself whenever I have a question, i'm the gooner who always finds the religous plot holes..

Also, when a teacher expects you to have a large piece of coursework done in a week. This wouldn't be too difficult, but you have another 3 expecting the same thing.

God do I hate that. My English teacher assigned a 400 page book this weekend (along with other miscelannious [sp?] things), and another teacher a 7 page complete essay on Stem-Cell research in Morality class, and it's not like I don't have at least another hour of homework for every single one of my other classes. That "my class is more important than other classes, it's the only one you should care about" mentality in teachers ticks me off >_<.

i hate latin (i think thats the name its the lanque romans spokein between 500bc and 500 ad)

I actually like taking Latin. I'm in Latin IV at the moment, and as weird as it may seem, it's fun to get through 50 lines and realize that I translated it so well that the whole thing makes perfect sense :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The fact that we can't go naked. Seriously, how the hell am I supposed to learn with clothes on?

You don't know how long I've waited for someone to say what I've always thought all along: Clothes are the unjust chains of society. Humans have a right to be one with nature, and that means we should be naked, with our bare feet touching the earth and our stuffs flapping in the wind. FREEDOM!

lordringsbattlemiddleeamo1.gif

I somewhat like school. I don't mind it one bit. :)

What I don't like, are boring teachers who just give lectures, instead of teaching you :(

I hate teachers that try to confuse you in class and go off subject. Some kids in my class sleep. But the worse thing is that she is the school's biology, chemistry, and advance chemistry teacher. She is known for failing the whole class. And many 4.0 students lose their GPA in that class its HORRIBLE. I'm taking Physics to avoid that class but i have to take chemistry NEXT YEAR!

Punk Rock Lovers ~#3 clan in ARENAscape~JMH ranked 90th lvl 170~

Runescape-lvl 102 combat

I like school for the most part, but I find that (especially this year) I'm very stressed out alot and going to school everyday exhausts me. I come home and immediately go to sleep, and sometimes I can't do that because I have to go to work. My work isn't very difficult, but it does involve alot of focus, and that further exhausts me. I lead a very very busy life. No rest for me on the weekends either.
If by work you mean as in occupation work (as opposed to home work), then that's like, almost exactly the same thing I would have said. Until this, the senior year, I never really cared to much about getting good grades, because I didn't have to. I still got them, but it was easier then. Now, I haven't played a video game since the first week of September, and I've only been out with friends like, 4 times. I finally finished my community service, but I'm still atleast 2-3 days behind in every class, on a regular basis (there's only 3, and 1 grade 11 PE course). And that's with essentially 5 hours of homework a night, every night, and maybe very occassionally I can get a few minutes to my self each night, which keeps me from killing myself. I also do homework all day on weekends, and often far into the night...2-3am is a common occurance. And I work every Friday and Saturday night, often with another weekday night (that's where I get days behind...) I'm just so busy, and I feel like I could break at any time, and screw up a major test. I need an 85% average to get a small scholarship to the place I'm trying to go, and I'm currently at 85.3333%
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Well, what everyone's reiterated pretty much. The main gripes which I have with school, in no particular order, are:

ENGLISH: Only one guy ever gets 100% or even near full marks each assessment/exam task - and I can safely say almost everyone in my school is relatively academically smart. The grading - what's considered as correct and incorrect - seems to change every time a different teacher marks the assessment, that is to say, every assessment. There also seems to be a notable amount of bias, if your name is one favoured by teachers, you generally get better marks, regardless of content.

As said earlier, the "My subject is the only subject worth learning subject" mentality by teachers. I think the education system needs to take a good, long and hard look at how things are run. If I were to do every piece of hw expected of me, I'd be up til 2AM every night. Considering I wake up at 6AM, that's only 4 hours of sleep. Quite a bit of sleep deprivation and I'm sure it's at least mildly bad for your health.

The time taken to get there and back. It takes me 3 hours to get to school and back. That's 1/8th of my day gone.

Apart from that, I can't complain. I've pretty much just floated through the last 5 years of highschool, and only just gotten serious in the senior years.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

One thing I must agree with is that home work sucked. Once I got fed up of it at around grade 6, me and some of my friends set up a network and occassionally did each other's homework/provided answers, or paid small cash like $2-$5 for the correct answers from a geek, though usually I wouldn't participate other than buying answers or trading them for favors.

You may say I'm setting a bad example for kids. No, I don't encourage anybody to do that. But I did. Why spend 2 hours of your time every day after already being 7 hours at school studying something you already know just to please your teacher?

I don't get it. As long as you've learned something, whether you've finished an excercise or test is irrelevant. But I guess the 'education system' disagrees. Needless to say I was disclipined several times, but did get out of school with average grades.

What do I hate about school?

That when I was there, I didn't realise just how important it was to pay attention and do the best that I could. If I had, I'd be a damn sight better off in life now than I am now!

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

School, or high school for that matter, doesn't suck - as soon as you get into a serious university or start a serious job you'll realise 'twas the best time of you life. :D

(unless you were some kind of emo who just sat in a corner being alone or something >_>)

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

Well, what everyone's reiterated pretty much. The main gripes which I have with school, in no particular order, are:

ENGLISH: Only one guy ever gets 100% or even near full marks each assessment/exam task - and I can safely say almost everyone in my school is relatively academically smart. The grading - what's considered as correct and incorrect - seems to change every time a different teacher marks the assessment, that is to say, every assessment. There also seems to be a notable amount of bias, if your name is one favoured by teachers, you generally get better marks, regardless of content.

As said earlier, the "My subject is the only subject worth learning subject" mentality by teachers. I think the education system needs to take a good, long and hard look at how things are run. If I were to do every piece of hw expected of me, I'd be up til 2AM every night. Considering I wake up at 6AM, that's only 4 hours of sleep. Quite a bit of sleep deprivation and I'm sure it's at least mildly bad for your health.

The time taken to get there and back. It takes me 3 hours to get to school and back. That's 1/8th of my day gone.

Apart from that, I can't complain. I've pretty much just floated through the last 5 years of highschool, and only just gotten serious in the senior years.

Yeah favoritism. Every company should like make its own test to prevent "dumb-students-not-learning-anything-while-getting-good-grades-itus". But then cheating, other favoritism and a lot of other stuff.

Don't worry, the sleep deprivation will be the new epidemic of the future. Average life expentencies will drop, the search for the cure is on!

What do I hate about school?

That when I was there, I didn't realise just how important it was to pay attention and do the best that I could. If I had, I'd be a damn sight better off in life now than I am now!

Yeah! Why didn't I stay up till 4 AM every night and only get 4 hours of sleep? Why did I decide that sleeping 8 hours was better than studying all night? Whyyy!!?? What good is my health now!?

School, or high school for that matter, doesn't suck - as soon as you get into a serious university or start a serious job you'll realise 'twas the best time of you life. :D

(unless you were some kind of emo who just sat in a corner being alone or something >_>)

...Screw that! My elementary school years were the best!!!

I just had to finish homework, attend class, and no grade pressure.

I loved it. I could sleep at 9P.M. or earlier EVERY single night (stayed up till 10 P.M. because I played my Nintendo, first one).

Then the great thing was my fifth grade camping trip. I freaken loved it. 3 days, spending your time with your classmates. And the food was hella good too. We got three good meals a day,(on weekends I only got 2). All for $100-150 ish I think.

I loved it. 8th grade we just went for a one-day trip... too bad no camping, but they you worry about the boys and girls sneaking out to do who knows what.

Sucks...

I really hate trying to maintain my rep... i know what your all thinking, your only 13, you dont have a rep yet! but trust me, i do, i'm known as a tougher person... most of my friends are kinda afraid of me :? lol, but its tough cause im kinda depressed right now and i feel like crying a lot... it really sucks... :cry:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I really hate trying to maintain my rep... i know what your all thinking, your only 13, you dont have a rep yet! but trust me, i do, i'm known as a tougher person... most of my friends are kinda afraid of me :? lol, but its tough cause im kinda depressed right now and i feel like crying a lot... it really sucks... :cry:

Hah, that explains the urge to color your text... 8-) Actually a 13 year old *can* have a 'rep', just make sure it's a positive one. In reality, nobody likes a bully. You don't have to be a coward either, just be yourself and help others in the limits of good taste and friendship. Genuinity sells in the school world.

I've never really liked how most of the people recognized as "smart" work so hard for their degrees because their parents told them to, and never really thought about what they wanted to do with their lives. Otherwise, school isn't so bad.

A mind not to be changed by place or time.

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

I've never really liked how most of the people recognized as "smart" work so hard for their degrees because their parents told them to, and never really thought about what they wanted to do with their lives. Otherwise, school isn't so bad.

But put yourself in the parents' shoes, when you (if you do) became a parent, wouldn't it be nice to have a cute little robot bidding your will all his/her life? Tell him to get good grades, check. Make a million and give half of it to daddy. Check.

You are right though, most "smart" people only study because they've been brainwashed by their parents. I have to disagree partially though because when I was in school I did meet some truly smart people who studied and were good at it because of their own motivation.