Guitar Hero II = Best "Time Passer" ever Made??

Zibl

Well okay. So you may be thinking to yourself (as I first did), "Wtf. Guitar Hero II? What a homosexual looking game!" Oh no my friends. Not at all. It is quite possibly the most fun/interesting game that I have played in the past few months!

Now I won't go into too much detail of the game, because that isn't what this topic is about. But in GHII (Guitar Hero II) you pick a character, guitar, and you name your own band. You start out at your high school's "Battle of the Bands" and eventually move your way up to playing in a stadium infront of thousands! There are 4 different settings to the game. Easy (which uses only 3 colored buttons), Medium (which uses 4 colored buttons along with more difficult notes), Hard (which uses all 5 colored buttons along with more notes), and Expert (which basicly means you are the most coordinated person on the planet).

But enough about what the game is. Lets get on to why I made this entire topic:

How good are you at this game? I've only had it for 2 weeks because my cousin left it at my house over his thanksgiving break from college :-w . I've played it a bit each day for the 2 weeks I've had it and I have beaten 28 of 28 songs on Easy mode, and 13 of 40 on Medium. I gotta admit... Medium is a ton different than Easy but I'm getting the hang of the finger motions and stuff.

Guess it would really come in handy if I knew how to play a real guitar \' :-s .

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

That game has little resemblance to playing actual guitar. The game is okay, not too fun though. It's pretty easy to get good at. I borrowed my friends and within a week or two I was playing majority of expert songs and doing fairly well.

Not really worth the money IMO.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

That game has little resemblance to playing actual guitar. The game is okay, not too fun though. It's pretty easy to get good at. I borrowed my friends and within a week or two I was playing majority of expert songs and doing fairly well.

Not really worth the money IMO.

which is why i didn't buy it for myself :P

Well okay. So you may be thinking to yourself (as I first did), "[what the heck]. Guitar Hero II? What a homosexual looking game!" Oh no my friends. Not at all. It is quite possibly the most fun/interesting game that I have played in the past few months!

Now I won't go into too much detail of the game, because that isn't what this topic is about. But in GHII (Guitar Hero II) you pick a character, guitar, and you name your own band. You start out at your high school's "Battle of the Bands" and eventually move your way up to playing in a stadium infront of thousands! There are 4 different settings to the game. Easy (which uses only 3 colored buttons), Medium (which uses 4 colored buttons along with more difficult notes), Hard (which uses all 5 colored buttons along with more notes), and Expert (which basicly means you are the most coordinated person on the planet).

But enough about what the game is. Lets get on to why I made this entire topic:

How good are you at this game? I've only had it for 2 weeks because my cousin left it at my house over his thanksgiving break from college :-w . I've played it a bit each day for the 2 weeks I've had it and I have beaten 28 of 28 songs on Easy mode, and 13 of 40 on Medium. I gotta admit... Medium is a ton different than Easy but I'm getting the hang of the finger motions and stuff.

Guess it would really come in handy if I knew how to play a real guitar \' :-s .

Loll i played it at wallmart and its hecka fun i want to get one for christmas but my older bro took the ps2 with him to his new house..

:thumbsup: rsn:skateforcash :thumbsup:

the game has primus in it, i will buy ANY game with primus in it ....

im only HALF jolking :anxious:

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

It's quite a fun game. Me and a friend of mine are really into it. I've got almost all songs in expert beat, still waiting on a few. Guitar Hero I was quite good to. I'm going to get the Explorer guitar controller soon I think. I recommend it, very fun game.

For those of you that haven't heard of Guitar Hero II, here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_II

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

So... why not just play real guitar? :D

Because you don't need real skills in video games ::'

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

You still need skill. Just less, much less. You can start out playing Motley Crue songs in Guitar Hero, while to play that on a real guitar you'd need lessons, and lots of practice. (In general)

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

You still need skill. Just less, much less. You can start out playing Motley Crue songs in Guitar Hero, while to play that on a real guitar you'd need lessons, and lots of practice. (In general)

Motley Crue isn't that bad on an actual guitar, but still not for beginners.

On-topic: Guitar Hero II pwns teh neebs.

I've always wondered why nobody has ever made a Guitar Hero thread.

I bought the first one awhile back and beat everything except for the last two songs on expert (Cowboys from Hell and Bark at the Moon). I always get to 98% on BATM for some reason. I hate that solo at the end.

I bought GH2 a little while ago and the multiplayer mode is greatly improved. The practice mode also helps to get down most of the harder parts. All I have is the last 5 song but I think it's going to be some time before I can do them.

(psychobilly freakout was not as hard as I expected, just really fast)

i'm gonna get guitar hero II

i have guitar hero one and i've unlocked grim, best thing i've got on it is 100% on killer queen, smoke on the water, and iron man (expert), im trying to upload the videos on youtube, some1 help?

as for what i think of two, my friend has it and it's amazing, 2 thumbs and one unit O.o up