3rd age armour still quite lucrative...

Umega

Wow, a week has past now and 3rd age armour is still incredibly rare, sets are going for around 100mil+ for the warrior. However I am starting to see more people selling these rare items on the forums than the first day they came out. Some people are even parting with thier rares to buy them. :?

The 3rd age mage robes suck, no-one wants them when infinity robes look much cooler and cheaper. The white dragonhide armour is OK. But it's obvious that everyone wants the warrior armour, because of it's advantage over dragon armour. Personally, I think the warrior looks quite decent than the other 3rd age items. I remember when dragon chainmails were the bomb back then when the KQ was released. The highest price I remember them going for was 35mil. One 3rd age item is worth way more than that (well thanks to inflation maybe).

I wonder how long sellers can keep up with this insane high price for? And when and will they gradually settle for a normal balanced price for everyone? Maybe next year will tell, I'm guessing they will settle for 30-40m for the warrior set. 10m for the mage. 20-30m for the dragonhide armour.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Is the mage armour better than Ahrim's (sp?)? If it's not, then why would it sell for more?

It's the same as infinity, the amulet from the mage set is +5 to magic and magic def. So you can see that those robes won't sell much.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I gotta say, they totally screwed the rangers and mages on this one.

However my sympathy lies with the rangers, they seem to get horrible updates every time.

Atleast they got the coif =X

Still haven't seen a third age coif being sold alone yet, though.

fishing.gif

I gotta ask, what the hell is wrong with Jagex? They really have severe brain problems and real life issues.

They make new armor with slightly higher requirements (Which are still low!) and the armor isn't any better than the stuff we've had all along. The new range armor is I think, +5 magic bonus better than Blackhide, and the new mage armor is worse than Infinity? :roll: A Power Amulet has better stats than the Age 3 Amulet. :x

Melee is the only set worthwhile to have. Jagex ALWAYS gives everything for melee. :notalk:

I gotta ask, what the hell is wrong with Jagex? They really have severe brain problems and real life issues.

They make new armor with slightly higher requirements (Which are still low!) and the armor isn't any better than the stuff we've had all along. The new range armor is I think, +5 magic bonus better than Blackhide, and the new mage armor is worse than Infinity? :roll: A Power Amulet has better stats than the Age 3 Amulet. :x

Melee is the only set worthwhile to have. Jagex ALWAYS gives everything for melee. :notalk:

Yar i agree, Boo melee :boohoo:

fight caves defeated 3/10/06 at 96 combat 77 range

99+ farming----99+herblore----99 range----99 thieving

213th to 99 herblore, June 29, 2007

Is this about pk'ing? because if it is, then you should have nothing to worry about, i wouldnt mind having the chance to make 100 mil off one kill, i doubt anyone will bring it in the wild to begin with. Other than that, Black D hide is already awsome, and inf is awsome as well, melee got something inbetween its best and second best. range got something better than black d hide. Mage got the same, i dont really see anything to complain about.

sig3gk6.png

The only good items from ALL the new armor is the melee shield and the range coif. Nothing else is worth even looking at.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

I'm sure when people figure out Guthans.. And even Torags is better than most of the new stuff, the prices should drop dramatically. If they don't.. Shame on you Sxq Power for trying to buy the melee set! :P

Ppl buy drag and it's well known that barrows is much better. They will certainly contnue to buy 3rd age stuff as well.

it's a status in society thing...not stats. I mean, the only way i think they'll go down is with a release to f2p...it'll bring it down a ton i think. But right now...i see no change in the near future. Shame :shame:

I'm sure when people figure out Guthans.. And even Torags is better than most of the new stuff, the prices should drop dramatically. If they don't.. Shame on you Sxq Power for trying to buy the melee set! :P

Ppl buy drag and it's well known that barrows is much better. They will certainly contnue to buy 3rd age stuff as well.

Meh.. You gotta good point, I stand corrected <.<

Meh.. You gotta good point, I stand corrected <.<

Not really, this stuff will be WAY more expensive than dragon.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

but see people who play this game smart and efficient wear rune/dragon/3rd age melee armor and heal with guthans.

the reason people such as my self dont wear torag or any barrows armor constantly is because it breaks. and everyone knows this..

theirs just no point in wearing torag for some people. costing $ for little protection isnt that smart, my friend got his stats to lvl 90 in all melee off chaos druid warriors ended up having like 8m in herbs probably more... 800+ rannars and 400 of everything above irits. and he wore dragon armor while doing it, well torag is better yeah but whats the point their? hes just using dragon to avoid hits occasionally, they barely hurt but unarmored u wont last long without food.

3rd age is just going to be a peice of variety, i dont like how they made it lvl 65 def requirements tho... i was thinking this was one of the "High" lvl updates they keep talkin about on the forums and it was and wasnt, low req, high status armor.. ive seen a lvl 57 wearing dragon, and ive seen 126s wearing dragon, the 126's armor should have access to much better armor then a 57

personally, i want all 3 sets just because im a collector of armors. and the shield looks like it could look good...but ill still use my rune defender.

people still buy obby shields, and rune defender is much better. especially if your going to be talkin about abilities to wear and afford barrows armors.

people still buy obby shields, and rune defender is much better. especially if your going to be talkin about abilities to wear and afford barrows armors.

defender is more attack less def while obby shield has good def while both give the same str bonus.

3rd age armor is just another set of novelty armor besides the shield and coif. dragon armor is novelty for people who have over 70 def.

soulthresher.png

i only like the ranger set... prob cause i consider myself a ranger.. won't pay 20-30m for it tho... I personally don't like the way the warrior set looks... only goood thing about it is the shield and i perfer a defender to a shield any day

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Personally I think the 3rd age mage looks much better than infinity. Infinity robes just look really... gaudy to me. Similarly I prefer the look of melee over dragon and white over black d hide

Anyways, I can't see why people actually want to pay in multiple rares for a set of these armours. Don't they realize that the price will drop once the initial demand dies down and the supply starts to increase? Common sence people.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

However my sympathy lies with the rangers, they seem to get horrible updates every time.

I hate it when people whine about range getting screwed by Jagex!

Range has the cheapest and BEST all-round armor in the game! When you see a pker, what are they wearing? Blach dragonhide! 50k for a full set and it has amazing magic defense, good range defense, and decent melee defense.

Rangers also are able to utilize great safespots that mages and warriors cannot.

Back on topic: 3rd age armor will hit a peak around January 30. After the Christmas break, a lot more treasure trials will have been completed and more 3rd age armor brought into the game.

I don't see why people trade or sell rares to buy this armor. I agree, the melee armor is fantastic. But while rares continually rise in price, after a month or two this armor will have no where to go except down.

I hate it when people whine about range getting screwed by Jagex!

Range has the cheapest and BEST all-round armor in the game! When you see a pker, what are they wearing? Blach dragonhide! 50k for a full set and it has amazing magic defense, good range defense, and decent melee defense.

Rangers also are able to utilize great safespots that mages and warriors cannot.

Back on topic: 3rd age armor will hit a peak around January 30. After the Christmas break, a lot more treasure trials will have been completed and more 3rd age armor brought into the game.

I don't see why people trade or sell rares to buy this armor. I agree, the melee armor is fantastic. But while rares continually rise in price, after a month or two this armor will have no where to go except down.

although mages get screwed with every update, imo until hides give nagitive melee attack stats, mages will continue to get pwnt, at least jagex improved the stats on black hide with white d hide MAGES got the same stats as infinity + the ammy blows, \' :XD: -.- :thumbsup: cmon? wth is jagex on? a high lvl update? :-$ to me its just anoughter useless set like enchanted #-o

and dont give me that, ancients pwn everyone dood remark, cause they simply dont when melee can dds me for 33s x 8 with a item that costs 50k where as it costs me how much to cast one spell that maxes at 30? right, after like 30 casts it doesnt matter if i accually pk the kid with the dds or not, i have lost money. (lost alot cause most likely would have protected)

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore