4K Zeal with Red Chinchompas

PhelimReagh

Anyone care to explain what those things are/how they help with the dmg you do?

Part of me wants to be selfish and doesn't want too many people to know :P

But basically, there are two portals where they are best used.

The one that's usually ready first is the portal to the west of the void knight (basically, if the lander is at the bottom of your screen, the portal to the right). It needs a good minute or so to get primed and clogged, though. It doesn't always get primed though, as it's the second easiest portal to take down.

Usually, though, 1 out of every 3 games it'll be primed and ready.

The other portal is the one just south of it, the pink portal to the south west of the Void Knight. The pink one, however, is rarely clogged. Maybe once every 10-15 games, though, and only if the game starts going really long.

OK, so the game starts...

I rush in, use the dragon battle axe special, sip a restore potion, and then use my whip on the yellow/orange portal to the south east. After that's down, I move to the western portal I mentioned above. I go after it with the whip if there is no congestion, and then use the Chinchompas if necessary.

After that portal is down, I rush to the pink, and see if it needs Chinchompas.

And I like to throw at low level Brawlers if I can. I can't prove it, but I think their large size increases the area of effect. Plus, they always seem to be in range. Smaller creatures blocked by the Brawlers cannot be directly targeted, but they get splashed.

Prayer also helps. I think it's too risky to use a Ranging potion, because you never know when the game is gonna be one of those 30 second ones.

I know the point's not about Hunter skill, but it's nice that this skill supports other skills almost as much as lunar magic.

There's prayer (temporary help, as chins and sally's don't drop bones), thieving, running based skill training, range, herblore and a host of other skills you can benefit just through normal training of hunter.

The chin benefit was obvious the instant I heard it did 9 squares of damage. That screamed either Dagg cave or pest control. Now you showed that pest control with low level teams are great to train on. Oh no, now you'll world hop when the heart units show up, the irony.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Ok, here's my results:

Range 85

Wield: Normal chinchompa, full black, archer helm, zammy,

Used eagle eye prayer.

Anyway, world 6 (awful world for Pest Control, so perfect for chins). Used 900 chins in not too many games (about 50 minutes I think).

Gained: 61.3k Range XP, 20.4k HP xp,

so 68.1 range xp and 22.7 hp xp per chin.

As far as how fast can you gather chins, if players were getting 80k xp an hour at red chins in hunter, must be 320 red chins an hour.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Hmmm different results

at 91 ranged with prayer

1k chimps=80k xp + 30 points

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

OMG =)

I guess I'm not going to sell my 15k Chinchompas =))

100 Combat , 999th to 99 cooking, 99 Fletching, 99 Hunter , 1850+ total

Buying : Irit seeds 1k each, Candantine seeds 5k each, and Kwarum seeds 12k each

Anyone care to explain what those things are/how they help with the dmg you do?

Stuff...

Thanks for the response but what I wanted to know is what they actually do. Do they come out and attack stuff for you or are they a ranged weapon or what?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

and what range do you use?

I understand that there are different lengths of fuse, does that affect accuracy in any way?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Ahem..

wooot congratz on that zomgzomg you pwn and stuff like that, but can someone tell my noobish mate *COUGHS* me *COUGHS* what are red chinchompas? lol :oops:

Btw, that was not sarcasm :D max points iv made is like 50? :D

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Few things annoy me more than the way you just used the word zeal.

:roll:

Oh do forgive me for trying to use a Runescapian colloquialism on a Runescape fansite.

Danged if you do, danged if you don't.

but they seem slightly innacurate, and not quite as fast as knifes or msb. But for playing pest control I can see that they would be useful because of their multi target ability.

Well, they may "seem" that way to you, but they're not. They're at at least as fast as a MSB, although if you miss, you generally miss all. However, when you hit, you hit en masse.

A single Chinchompa, if used correctly, can get you about 200-1,000+ Range xp. The upper limit is very hard to determine (unless you are, in fact, limited to ten victims, which I don't think is true), especially around an very clogged portal.

A single cannonball gets you, on average, 30 Range XP (15 hits x 2xp).

Chinchompas cost 200-300 (at least now they do).

Cannonballs cost 175-200.

People generally think of cannonballs as the fastest (albeit more expensive) way to get Range XP. Chinchompas blow them out of the water, both in terms of gp/XP and speed.

Is it cheaper to get your range XP using iron arrows and a mage bow? Possibly, although I think that if used properly a person can make a case that Chinchompas could be cheaper, too.

But Chinchompas are insanely faster. I could never go back to training using arrows. No way.

There's a reason it took me months to get 64 Range, and then maybe a dozen pest control hours to get to 76. I hated training range. It's finally fun and fast, and I look forward to training on things with drops (Dagganoths, Bandits, thanks for the suggestions).

Hmm. I was in a little bit of a bad mood at the time I posted that. :?

Anyone ever tried training range at dagannoths under the lighthouse with cannon AND chinchimpas? :XD:

...Anyone ever tried training range at dagannoths under the lighthouse with cannon AND chinchimpas? :XD:

Oh the humanity, er, dagannothity...

I think that would qualify as an exercise in species-cleansing. The UN would be all over you with stern condemnations and strongly-worded resolutions.

I'd really like to go hunt some chinchompas now! :shock:

and some people said that skill was rubbish. they were wrong ahhahahahaha

+1

Hunter itself isn't a useful skill, but it gives really helpful boosts to other skills. Actually, it boosts a LOT of skills. ::'

jjroxlu7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...