New F2P Quests In Our Future?

nerdattack16

Well, I got bored after doing the holiday event (love the hat) and logged off to explore the Knowledge Base. Then I found these "God letters" way back from '02-'04, mostly RSC stuff I believe. But I found something very interesting...

Dear Almighty Saradomin,

I worship you every day, dressed in holy monks robes, giving out Holy Symbols and even doing "Saradominist Parties", a creation of mine. Just please tell me seven things:

(skipped)

6) Will you and the Jagex guys please add some new free member quests? I finished the Elvarg DragonSlayer quest and nothing else for me to do but my parents do not let me become a member.

Andrey111, a holy freedom fighter in the name of Saradomin

And the answer:

6) As the wheel of time slowly turns onwards, you may find such a thing occurs, but it will not be soon and it will not be often...

So, this leads me to believe that in time, occasional F2P quests WILL be created. But very rarely. He says it will "not be soon" and it's been 2 years. How much longer? will it even happen?

Thoughts? Discuss! ::'

And don't tell me "pay to get more!" That's senseless, idiotic spam.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I think Rune Mysteries quest come out after that letter? :P I wouldn't be expecting anymore f2p quests at all, and very few f2p updates next year.

Oh, really? I guess I didn't do all of my needed research... I'll double check that then.

EDIT: I don't think Rune Mysteries came out after this... I can't find any news on it at all. Can you confirm this?

neraftdfw1.jpg

This topic has been done *insertbignumberherebecauseififinallyreachedthevalueiamlookingforthislongsentencewouldbefarlargerthanitisnow* times.

And f00k, quests are NOT boring. Me likes them. Gives a bit more storyline to the game.

Hmmm... you misunderstand? I'm not asking for a new quest, I'm just looking at information that might lead us to believe that there might be a new quest. So, others have found this and posted it, huh? That doesn't seem correct.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Apologies.

I didn't read your whole comment and summed up.

Continue.

sorasig3sj9.jpg

---

Do not ask God for an easy life. Ask him for the strength to endure a difficult one.

Pansy: a weak, effeminate, and often cowardly man. (Oxford English Dictionary)

zezimatalkingzp0.png

I highly doubt there will be any new f2p quests. Most f2p quests (Black Knight's Fortress, Ernest the Chicken, The Restless Ghost, etc) have already developped a storyline in p2p. Maybe there will be a new area (ex: Security Stronghold) in the future.

Can't see them ever releasing any new F2P quests personally. After all, Jagex are a business and it's in their interests to encourage as many players as possible to become members.

I've always been a F2P player and can't complain really since I've never paid anything for the many hours I've played RS for.

dbhibs.png

No need to go all hulk Rednik :roll:

Well, seeing Jagex gave F2P some updates this year (Securtiy Stronghold, Skill tutors (way of getting items for lower leveled players), new prayers), I doubt that they will be added alot more any time soon.

A quest would be nice, but it'll be an easy one, seeing the majority of F2P is low leveled, hence it won't be any good for the higher levels (80+). You'd be better of asking for new items or skills (not that you will get them, but still :P )

The chances of F2P ever getting another quest at all are inversely astronomical.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I'm 99.99% sure there won't be another f2p quest, if there would be one it would probaply take a week before people start begging for more f2p quests again.

What would be the point?

gesbannerwithallskillsamh0.png

The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

I think they should make at least one new f2p quest every month just like they do with the members.

thats exactly what JaGeX won't do. the reason they give out a new quest each month for p2p is so that maybe they can attract more p2p'ers and make more money. it would be nice, but isn't very feasible

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

Maybe there will be a new area (ex: Security Stronghold) in the future.

Already been done. I'm surprised you didn't find "Litara" (A barbarian NPC whom you can talk with...) and THAT FLAMING HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MINING AREA!!!

Anywho, I do wish there were more F2P quests. Maybe one for every 6 months or 1 year??? I just can't see one every month.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

no f2p quest plz... i hate quests :P

my noob has a quest cape...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined