I don't get it....

jjrox32

Why are *some* people so against hunter? e.g. 1 Hunter FTW!!!1!!1

It's not a money sink ( construction), it's not hard to train (farming) and it's not a useless skill. It benefits many other skills, such as agility, range, and rc.

The only reason I can think of that would make people not like it is that it won't get you " some uber awsome money making item."

It lets you shoot live flamthrowers, get an imp to do your bidding, create new clothes, fish a new type of fish with stripy feathers, and even lets you throw exploding rodents at people.....

What's wrong with this skill, because I can't find any major flaws.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Why are *some* people so against hunter? e.g. 1 Hunter FTW!!!1!!1

It's not a money sink ( construction), it's not hard to train (farming) and it's not a useless skill. It benefits many other skills, such as agility, range, and rc.

The only reason I can think of that would make people not like it is that it won't get you " some uber awsome money making item."

It lets you shoot live flamthrowers, get an imp to do your bidding, create new clothes, fish a new type of fish with stripy feathers, and even lets you throw exploding rodents at people.....

What's wrong with this skill, because I can't find any major flaws.

Theres SOME people against everything in rs

the anti-pkers

the anti-skillers

the anti-constructions

the anti-merchers

the anti-mages

etc etc etc etc etc etc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It involves a lot of clicking for mediocre xp (at the early levels) and the reward is a lot less apealing than for example the reward you get from a lot of mining.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

hmm well im a anti-pker anti-mercher but im not a anti mage lol or construction i do like skills but pking is so boring and merching is a little to easy way for people to earn money.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

who said everything in rs should be easy?

in the future if people keep complaining about things being too hard, then all you have to do is click the login button and your rs character will do all the work for you, so everyone can be happy.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

I think people think that it makes it too easy to have a high total level, so they think their (insert total here) level is more impressive because they haven't done hunter.

It still takes alot of work to get a good total level. It's not like it's no big deal to reach 1900+ total because of a new skill.

Hunter doesn't give out 130k xp per hour. That makes leveling a little more challenging. A challenge is something that most people avoid in this game, and Jagex has only made things easier now with pc, gilded altars, and pyramid plunder. All we're missing is a uber-easy way to train agility and herblore.

jjroxlu7.jpg

I think people think that it makes it too easy to have a high total level, so they think their (insert total here) level is more impressive because they haven't done hunter.

It still takes alot of work to get a good total level. It's not like it's no big deal to reach 1900+ total because of a new skill.

Hunter doesn't give out 130k xp per hour. That makes leveling a little more challenging. A challenge is something that most people avoid in this game, and Jagex has only made things easier now with pc, gilded altars, and pyramid plunder. All we're missing is a uber-easy way to train agility and herblore.

you forgot easier ways to train mining, slayer, and rcing :P

It's pretty boring/annoying and the rewards aren't that great. 60 hunter ftw :P

Boring? Maybe. Annoying? Not so much.

Some of the rewards are great, such as the chinchompas. Others stink, like the barb tailed harpoon ( meh, I like it, but it's one of the weaker rewards)

jjroxlu7.jpg

I think some people are disappointed in it because it doesn't integrate very well with any other skills.

It helps with range (chinchompas) and thieving (gloves of silence), and that's about it. The capes are kind of nice, but not really a big effect on any other skills.

People were hoping for a new skill which would change the face of a lot of other skills. But most people consider Hunter a "stand-alone" skill, and thus, for those people, it isn't worth it.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

Each people have their own opinions. Not everyone thinks "money-sinkers" (construction) are bad. I happen to like them *cough*99 construction*cough* :-w I really just don't find the skill enjoyable, that's my personal opinion.

And actually, I find farming to be the absolute easiest skill to train, lol :P Free seeds from your Kingdom, spend an hour planting them each day and you basically get free xp. Plus it doesn't take up the entire day :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I think some people are disappointed in it because it doesn't integrate very well with any other skills.

It helps with range (chinchompas) and thieving (gloves of silence), and that's about it. The capes are kind of nice, but not really a big effect on any other skills.

People were hoping for a new skill which would change the face of a lot of other skills. But most people consider Hunter a "stand-alone" skill, and thus, for those people, it isn't worth it.

I thought that the capes were used for rcing and agility :-k

The salamanders work well for barrows, black does anyway.

The crossbow is a cheaper one than rune, as well as better. Second to only karils xbow, it's a good weapon, yet kinda hard to get ammo for.

Here are the skills hunter impacts:

Agility

Runecrafting

Range

Thieving

jjroxlu7.jpg

Each people have their own opinions. Not everyone thinks "money-sinkers" (construction) are bad. I happen to like them *cough*99 construction*cough* :-w I really just don't find the skill enjoyable, that's my personal opinion.

And actually, I find farming to be the absolute easiest skill to train, lol :P Free seeds from your Kingdom, spend an hour planting them each day and you basically get free xp. Plus it doesn't take up the entire day :P

I didn't say I didn't like construction, it's one of my favourite skills, yet I absolutely hate the money sink part of it.

You might get free xp from the seeds you get, but what if you tried to raise farming to 99? That'd be brutal.

jjroxlu7.jpg

i dont see a point to the skill, all the rewards are either pointless, or needed in the millions to be usesful

and its not kuz its hard to train or borening, i've done it all really, but i hunting is just annonying to me, why its still only skill under 70 <.<

legends2.jpg

I really love it, it keeps me away from people, and its usually quiet so...

I dont mind not making money, never had more than 150k in my life

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.