Eating meat - right or wrong?

issy2

vegetarians simply want attention IMO, or are rebellin against somethin. whats the point in wasting a natural part of our body - the ability to eat meat? and meat tastes so damn good i doubt theres any vegetarian alive that doesnt eat it because they dont like the taste!!

I doubt it's because they don't like the taste, but they believe that it is morally wrong to eat something that feels pain. I doubt they woke up one day and said, "let's rebel, I'll be a vegetarian".

I have many friends and even a cousin (it's hard to be a vegetarian in a Chinese family, lol) who are vegetarians. Most people assume that vegetarians live to "convert" the meat eaters. True, there are SOME that try wayyy too hard (PETA), but most are generally okay with the issue. My vegetarian friends and cousin don't care if I'm eating meat -- as long as they're the ones not eating it, it's all good. I can enjoy a juicy steak right next to them-- they won't care.

Now if all meat eaters would see it the same way, we wouldn't have this problem at all.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see what's wrong with eating meat as animals are...just animals. We have superiority over them, and we are the hunters, and they are the prey. It's how life works. There are the hunters, and there are the hunted.

They're planning a mutiny. They possess knowledge that is too complex to comprehend. They will fight for superiority and soon we will be the hunted, we will be the prey!!! :uhh:

Your starting to freak me out :ohnoes: and im still following your posts for interesting topics ::' also I don't mind eating meat but dam we eat EVERYTHING I start playing a game this guy is eating Topiari (dont know how to spell it) snout we are bloody to high on the food chane

poketama1ak8.jpg

Gonna be a bit off topic here but all I'm gonna say is that I'm a carnivore. I can't stand vegetables >.<

Killing animals for food has been a way life for humans for almost 100,00 years. It's kind of a normal thing for us now. I'm not saying it's right to kill animals but I think survival rather than conservation is what's on top of our minds right now and our ancestors back then :wink:

That's just my opinion, don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those rabid animal hunters :lol:

You don't even eat squelchy juicy watermelons or....MANGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

poketama1ak8.jpg

vegetarians simply want attention IMO, or are rebellin against somethin. whats the point in wasting a natural part of our body - the ability to eat meat? and meat tastes so damn good i doubt theres any vegetarian alive that doesnt eat it because they dont like the taste!!

How can you make assumptions like that? That's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard! It's like saying, someone doesn't eat cheese because they don't like the taste because they just want attention. Wdf? Seriously, that's competely idiotic.

I personally can't stand the taste of meat, it just doesn't interest me. And as for 'what's the point in wasting a natural part of our body - the ability to eat meat' we don't have to use everything evolution has given us. Many people even nowadays practise chatisty (sp?), because they think it's wrong. It could be said they too are wasting a natural part of their body, but in reality it is a choice they choose to make.

A bunch of crap

How can you make assumptions like that? That's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard!

Just ignore WeeBoab. He's just looking for attention by starting flame wars. Trust me, it's better to just let him talk to himself.

Sounds like a good idea to me. After all, if people can't say anything nice, they better keep their mouths shut. Or their keyboards in this case. :-w

TBH i don't know why everyone is trying to bash Issy.

He's done nothing wrong and is only sharing his knowledge with the community.. its not like he is forcing anyone to be vegitartians.

Me, I'll eat meat anyday before I touch a lettuce, but hey, since its healthy, might as well get started!

Its even in the bible about vegitariaism.. err can't spell.. anyways, the guy who only ate plants came out more healthy looking then the men who ate meat.

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

if you dont eat that juicy steak then someone else will, i mean its already dead so does it really make a difference?

Also most livestock are killed very humanely and will feel pain for less than a second

I'm not sure if they are killed humanely or not (I'm thinking that they are, though), but most livestock are definitely are not RAISED humanely.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

if you dont eat that juicy steak then someone else will, i mean its already dead so does it really make a difference?

Also most livestock are killed very humanely and will feel pain for less than a second

I'm not sure if they are killed humanely or not (I'm thinking that they are, though), but most livestock are definitely are not RAISED humanely.

Could've fooled me - maybse the USA is different, too much.

I don't see anything wrong with eating meat, with it will die eventually.

The starter of this thread is saying that animals feel pain and suffering. Fortunate enough some studies show that some animals do not feel pain as hard as we humans do.

Not eating meat is like not taking pills if you're sick.

Its a need, humans need their vitamins to live, without eating meat alot of people are scrawny, yet some vegetarians are strong.

Anyway, as the starter said, "Doesn't it just give you the creeps thinking about the eating of orgaanisms, which was a real body part and flesh?"

If eating meat was bad humans would have not lived up to today.

summaru: Eating meat isn't bad. lolhippy

Nothing is wrong with eating meat, just some meat is better for your health than others.

from what I have heard.. Fish is the best meat out of all meats.

If this is true.. HELLO LONG JOHN SILVERS! \'

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

TBH i don't know why everyone is trying to bash Issy.

He's done nothing wrong and is only sharing his knowledge with the community.. its not like he is forcing anyone to be vegitartians.

Me, I'll eat meat anyday before I touch a lettuce, but hey, since its healthy, might as well get started!

Its even in the bible about vegitariaism.. err can't spell.. anyways, the guy who only ate plants came out more healthy looking then the men who ate meat.

~Defender~

She.

If you want a cut and dry answer as to would I:

Get me some and we'll find out soon enough wont we. Human flesh isn't exactly available in the shops you know :uhh:

So if it tastes good enough, you'd have no moral qualms about eating it?

Hardly a typical reaction in most surviving cultures around the world.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

If you want a cut and dry answer as to would I:

Get me some and we'll find out soon enough wont we. Human flesh isn't exactly available in the shops you know :uhh:

So if it tastes good enough, you'd have no moral qualms about eating it?

Hardly a typical reaction in most surviving cultures around the world.

Well, if it did taste good enough I wouldn't really care to be honest.

And besides the only people who don't eat meat are hippies! :P :anxious:

Why is it that people seem to need to make stupid, immature comments like that? Honestly, what's your problem?

And for everyone saying it's right/wrong/whatever/ to eat meat, to be honest I don't really care, I want to know why. If that's ok. :)

And for everyone saying it's right/wrong/whatever/ to eat meat, to be honest I don't really care, I want to know why. If that's ok.

I've probably said this before but why i believe there is nothing wrong with eating meat is because humans are omnivorous animals - we eat and are designed to eat both meat and plants (comparisons of species teeth and what they eat to us proves this fact).

Sure, in some places in the world some animals which are bred to be eaten may have sub-par lives, but chances are they would have it rough in the wild also. Keep in mind, you titled this topic 'eating meat: right or wrong?' not 'are animals bred to be slaughtered treated with cruelty?'. Its the food chain, it isnt at all unfair to kill another animal to eat its flesh. Its nature.

I'll state some facts I've made once more -

- Humans are omnivorous animals - we eat and are designed to eat both meat and plants.

- It isnt at all unfair to kill another animal to eat its flesh. Its nature.

Anyone who disputes these facts, I cant understand or agree with and i question your sanity.

i personally prefeat meat i can't sit there for six hours and eat a ton of vegtabels just for the sake of a cow, and i'm being raised on 1 t-bone a week so there's no way out of that one :thumbsup:

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

Meat good! <3:

Give me a nice juicy med rare t-bone and I am in heaven!

As far as saying is eating meat is right or wrong.....the important thing is eating healthy. Make sure you are getting all the requirements your body needs to make it strong and heathly.

I am allergic to poultry and poultry products so I make sure those things are out of my diet or only eaten on a VERY rare occasion

Clickhere! for info about Demon Souls!