Stupid PC products... The noobs of today!

Wkw

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jagex probably didnt intend pest control to end up like this.

Pest control is an automatic win if you hold out for 20 minutes.

When is the last time you

A.) Saw a game that lasted more than 5 minutes?

and

B.) Had a game last more than 5 minutes afterwhich win or lose people didn't leave to another world because "this world sux".

The entire concept behind pest control is a lot of fun, but not when people play it the way they do where every game is over in under 2 minutes.

a) never

B) never

But that wasnt the point of my post, or what my post said at all. So i just pointlessly answered two questions.

Jagex probably thought that, while people could get ahead by using pest control, they would use that advantage to quest or tackle other aspects of the game like dagg kings, barrows, or fight pits, which are normally only accessable for higher levels. They thought players would understand that combat can be used for alot of other things besides "having a cool mouse over level" and "being able to call others noobs". They assumed players would make great advantage of this, since alot of time is left over for other things.

However, that is obviously not what happened. Players would do pest control and ONLY pest control without familiarizing themselves with the whole of runescape. They simply jumped over questing, skilling, and otherwise a huge part of runescape itself, just to get a high level and then quit.

THAT was not intended.

happiehour.jpeg

I myself don't see why they would do pc. What's wrong with regular monsters? I myself can't stand to do anything monotomously, which is why my skills are pretty low. I cant even wc for an hour without stopping to do sumthing else!maybe I should change myself... :-k anyone know how to change DNA?

i think pc is great for those of us that have maxed hp at early levels. i did 99 range and 94 mage with combat spells and had 99 hp at 110 cmbt(my first 99) now i have used pc to do 96 to 99 def and 95 to 99 def at an increased rate.

I agree fully. I hate PC with a passion, I find it excrusiatingly, mind numbingly boring. People abuse the game and these days it used as a combat machine, you go in, strike 50 damge, wait, get in, lather, rinse, repeat, etc. Where is the fun and joy from that?

i despise these leeches, even in Zamorack Portal Slayers we have these 124+ lazy slugs. i never stop, i move to next portal after that one is dead.

the system could be improved with a simple addition. you are grouped by boat with equal level poeple. IE 126-120, 119-110, 109-90, 89-3

this would allow the games to match the players to the difficulty. it may have to have you go to another dimension of the game so all the pc is on the same world type thing. make like 4-5 servers just for pc

the 20-30 second games would be gone as the portals could have 1000 hp for the 120's and all creatures level 200+, but at the 89-> the protals could be like 150 hp and level 50 creatures. this would make for a more balanced game play.

there is no reason to complain about this as it is part of the game now, we have to adapt to seeing level 27's with 50 str and 60 def in full drag and obby set :roll:

one way to hose these mutants is to have combat stats displayed on the duel screen for your opponent, but that would be a whole new topic :ohnoes:

You can't play PC until 40 combat, so this has nothing to do with PC.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

I agree fully. I hate PC with a passion, I find it excrusiatingly, mind numbingly boring. People abuse the game and these days it used as a combat machine, you go in, strike 50 damge, wait, get in, lather, rinse, repeat, etc. Where is the fun and joy from that?

I level my combat with slayer, which breaks up the monotony, adds variety and rakes in the money from drops. People these days are too much in a rush to be uber and high combat, whereas I would rather level skills.

At first I was against people suggesting Jagex should alter PC to make it more demanding, but now I'm completely for it.

and this is why your stats are terrible? :-k

BBC, Stop insulting people. You don't have to have high stats to have fun, and that is what Runescape is about for a lot of people, for fun. Look at the OoC people, they have fun and they don't train.

I agree with DeadPolkaDots1, PC is repetitive and boring. Many say RC is boring, but throw in avoiding pkers and it gets more fun. Slayer is fun, you get to kill a variety of monsters in a variety of ways, getting cool drops.

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I level my combat with slayer, which breaks up the monotony, adds variety and rakes in the money from drops. People these days are too much in a rush to be uber and high combat, whereas I would rather level skills.

At first I was against people suggesting Jagex should alter PC to make it more demanding, but now I'm completely for it.

and this is why your stats are terrible? :-k

lol if your sig is right u have 99 attack and 98 def and only 90 str?

whip much? =D>

in other words, don't flame pl0x

i've said it once, i'll say it again, pc IS ruining rs, a few things i would like to be implemented into the pc idea

(but will never happen because so many ppl would moan that others have maxed their stats and pures and they can't now so its not fair, imho, crybabys)

1. only able to pc 100 points a week - (still being able to play the game, just not acumulating points anymore) similar to tears of guthix mini game, this would make the void armor more rare as it would take a few weeks to attain and it would lessen the massive xp reward

or

2. GOD FORBID!!1one!! remove the stat boosters from the point reward system, considering pre-pc acually used food, bones to peaches, guthans, or the use of a hally to level. (remember even without the point system, its still free training and still one of the best spots to train)

or

3. make the monsters all spot block - you know like those pesky monkeys that somtimes trap a dharoker that needs his prayer. this wouldn't completely stop the 30 sec games, but it would help i think.

or

4. make the monsters all higher lvled and make it so you accually risk something when you die, say you get negative a point or it was back to the 3 item rule (4 with protect)

or

a combination of all 4 points

just my $0.02

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

A level 117 was attacker at BArbarian Assault and got mad at me because I -a defender- woudn't kill the Penant healers. Ignorance...

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

A level 118 not knowing where Ardougne is! How is that? After some more talking, he says that he has only been to Sarium and Draynor for Pest Control. Upon looking up his stats, he has less then 700 total..

A level 118 with less then 700 total? Has Pest Control put the minds of lv 60s into the characters of 118s!?

What is your opion on this? I personally think that people who PC for combat mainly are idiots. They have aquired no knowlage of the game, but are of a high combat and most unknowing people respect it. when someone asks me a question, I can answer it nearly every time. But someone of higher combat can't?

I don't think you've really thought this through, have you? Let me ask you, if a combat level 45 person with 99 woodcutting and fletching came to you asking the same question, would you think the same of them? Would you still call them a noob? I don't think you would. I mean, how do you relate a combat level with knowledge of runescape?

Perhaps you find it difficult to deal with the fact that they are more advanced than you at fighting skills even though they are the only skills they train. Ever heard the phrase "each to their own"? Combat levels are way overrated; like the cover of a book. Come to realise that some people like to train only certain skills. In real life, what would you think of an unqualified, jobless person wearing a suit? What would you think of them?

PC is a minigame. If you don't like it, don't do it. I just can't believe how many cb-level-obsessed bigots there are playing this game.

And, by the way, what is "the mind of a level 60"? Please tell...

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

yea i agree some of these pc products are really stoopid and talk lyke dis n their all lyke yo homie u comin 2 da movies?

um... ur a bit confused thats old wannabe gangsta(tryin to act cool) talk not pest controler's. pcers say noob,froob,choob,n33b,etc...and close that*censor* gate (at which point everyone reports that person :twisted: )

and i love pc so if that makes me an idiot then i'll accept that while i get my points and start ownage of rs2

thank you very much :D

sigsu1.jpg

I use Pest Control...but I don't use it only for training... I do a few lvls at Pest Control, Skill here and there, go do some normal training, find a quest to do... "Rinse lather and Reapeat" Runescape shouldn'tr just let this happen, a 118 should know where Ardougne is and should know how to get to West Ardougne...

brandonssx.png

Guest Exkarotis

A level 118 not knowing where Ardougne is! How is that? After some more talking, he says that he has only been to Sarium and Draynor for Pest Control. Upon looking up his stats, he has less then 700 total..

A level 118 with less then 700 total? Has Pest Control put the minds of lv 60s into the characters of 118s!?

What is your opion on this? I personally think that people who PC for combat mainly are idiots. They have aquired no knowlage of the game, but are of a high combat and most unknowing people respect it. when someone asks me a question, I can answer it nearly every time. But someone of higher combat can't?

I don't think you've really thought this through, have you? Let me ask you, if a combat level 45 person with 99 woodcutting and fletching came to you asking the same question, would you think the same of them? Would you still call them a noob? I don't think you would. I mean, how do you relate a combat level with knowledge of runescape?

Perhaps you find it difficult to deal with the fact that they are more advanced than you at fighting skills even though they are the only skills they train. Ever heard the phrase "each to their own"? Combat levels are way overrated; like the cover of a book. Come to realise that some people like to train only certain skills. In real life, what would you think of an unqualified, jobless person wearing a suit? What would you think of them?

PC is a minigame. If you don't like it, don't do it. I just can't believe how many cb-level-obsessed bigots there are playing this game.

And, by the way, what is "the mind of a level 60"? Please tell...

I agree with this totally.

People have skill pures, what the hell is wrong with a combat pure?

45% of 110+ cmb are PC products

PC products don't have the true rs skill. Even though I hate it with most players always having 90+ even if they're low levels, they have true skill because they don't take the easy way out to get a level that high

Actually the easy way would be going afk. If you know how to do it, you really only have to pay attention every 10min. resetting the agressiveness of monsters. If you can afford to lose a few items if you die its way easier. Im just glad I got all 99s combat skills before they made afk illegal. I use pc but only for prayer now. Beats spending a fortune on bones.

limdog.png

The real problem with pc is that you cant talk there. You are under pressure to get that 50hits and with organised groups its almost a race. So people spending a lot of time suffer from the lack of communication. And when people actually start talking conversations are limited to:

a.) what combat skill are u working on?

b.) how many points do u have at this moment

c.) a complex conversation about the spinns healing the portal

d.) a likewise interesting discussion about low level "nub" who

ruin experience

e.) where is Zezima today

f.) which is the new pc world

g.) how great it will be to pk when we get maxed out

Granted there is much to be talked about, but this subjects more or less dont interest the rest of rs population. When a PC-trainer leaves the saveheaven which is pc he or she is somehow thrusted in a strange new world. In which noone really cares for them much and where all the usual conversation topics strangly dont animate the other person.