Arrrgh, Macroers!

Forum_User

I am a newb being addicted to RS for 5 weeks straights, but I certainly am not a noob! In a short period of time, I too have become frustrated and fed up with all the bots hacking trees and swiping fish, just to name a few. Too bad Jagex couldn't add the bots to a Slayer lvl. Already, I see a problem . . . you can't kill a player unless you are in the wilderness, check. But to me, these are not players, to me they are NPCs. =D>

Okay, so how could we kill a bot without going crazy and killing each other? An idea could be that the bot has to be reported first, then maybe an icon could appear above the person, like those that identify a player killer. I try to recognize bots by just talking to them and see if they at least say "hi, hello or how ya doin'?" However, for those individuals who are not talkers, then if someone reports them as a bot, then they should be allowed to respond in 24 hours in fact they are not a bot. So, if a bot shows up with a special icon, then the rest of the RS community knows, this is a bot and should be fair game. This way, players can get their revenge \' , take their loot :thumbsup: and put a damper on the macros stockpiling :twisted: .

I watch the random events try to eliminate the bots, but they run away before most of them get killed, only to return in a matter of minutes when the random event believes they killed the bot. This way, if we get the chance to kill the bot and they decide to flee, we can pursue and hunt them down. I know this is just one spin on the problem, but it could bring back some fun for those who feel some of the excitement has left because of some people who don't care what they are doing. :roll:

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a newb being addicted to RS for 5 weeks straights, but I certainly am not a noob! In a short period of time, I too have become frustrated and fed up with all the bots hacking trees and swiping fish, just to name a few. Too bad Jagex couldn't add the bots to a Slayer lvl. Already, I see a problem . . . you can't kill a player unless you are in the wilderness, check. But to me, these are not players, to me they are NPCs. =D>

Okay, so how could we kill a bot without going crazy and killing each other? An idea could be that the bot has to be reported first, then maybe an icon could appear above the person, like those that identify a player killer. I try to recognize bots by just talking to them and see if they at least say "hi, hello or how ya doin'?" However, for those individuals who are not talkers, then if someone reports them as a bot, then they should be allowed to respond in 24 hours in fact they are not a bot. So, if a bot shows up with a special icon, then the rest of the RS community knows, this is a bot and should be fair game. This way, players can get their revenge \' , take their loot :thumbsup: and put a damper on the macros stockpiling :twisted: .

I watch the random events try to eliminate the bots, but they run away before most of them get killed, only to return in a matter of minutes when the random event believes they killed the bot. This way, if we get the chance to kill the bot and they decide to flee, we can pursue and hunt them down. I know this is just one spin on the problem, but it could bring back some fun for those who feel some of the excitement has left because of some people who don't care what they are doing. :roll:

Well the skillers would need to find a way to know that they have been reported. Maybe send a message in their game inbox?

The great Bot reporting trip... Organized by teh me... Invite your friends... I'm nothing all alone...Click here!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Ok this is how it should work. After say, 100 logs cut , ores mined, fish caught, a screen should pop up and say please enter the below code, kinda like this

please enter the following code

*fancy picture of 5 letters/numbers*

A very minor annoyance to us, a major block to them.

also, there could be a way for real players to turn it off after a while, like if you get 40 quest points it shows up after 1000 instead, if you get 120, it goes away forever

... whats a macroer?

sorry helix but that was too funny.

can people really still macro in RS2 though, I could imagine that it would be really hard to macro certain skills if not all skills.

macroing used to be horrible though in RS1 at least it isnt as bad as it used to be.

Highest Stat = 82 Flecthing

Free Flecthing for Anyone with Bulk Materials!

PM me!

=http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv=img29&img=/9/7/18/f_banneradm_dd1f915.gif]

going for 99 wc in non-mems. Honest to god, you see around 500 macros going past to the willows and yews west of Lumby every hour.

I used to report one every minute, just to do my bit, but that was only because it was convenient...

Right, basically opening up the "Report Abuse" window wouldn't interrupt my wc, just like switching to run whilst cutting (happy they fixed that up). But now, opening up the window stops me wc-ng. WTH!!?? What really is the point in that? I mean, come on, it was a completely pointless update.

baharoth0.gif

baharoth0.png

oh and to csawan, macroing is worse. It took scripters just a few days to work out an effective way to macro (just a slightly more advanced colour sampling tool) and theyre off again, and in greater numbers...

baharoth0.gif

baharoth0.png

going for 99 wc in non-mems. Honest to god, you see around 500 macros going past to the willows and yews west of Lumby every hour.

I used to report one every minute, just to do my bit, but that was only because it was convenient...

Right, basically opening up the "Report Abuse" window wouldn't interrupt my wc, just like switching to run whilst cutting (happy they fixed that up). But now, opening up the window stops me wc-ng. WTH!!?? What really is the point in that? I mean, come on, it was a completely pointless update.

Yes! I hate that! I'm on my way to Port Sarim. I see the macroers. I want to report them while walking -- you can't do that anymore! I find it very annoying!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

First off, I have been reporting macroers. What really pisses me off is when there are several or more in a spot and you go to report one then it tells you that you reported one in the last 60 seconds, and to not abuse the system.

So are we gonna get in trouble for try to [bleep]in help them out when they want us to. And tip it has encouraged us to. Much less, I waste my time when I could be carrying on about my business, then the [bleep]in system tells me to quit abusing it, when I am trying to get rid of what we, RS, and tip it or supposedly so vehemont against.

And if their damn detection system was so damn good, why are there so damn many? I think the detection system they talk about is all a big lie just to try and make us feel good. Or to scare the ones that are macroing.

I give up.

Edit: And to top it all off, especially on the free worlds. Not to mention the drop in price in yew logs. Which even so is better than the 1k price for a cert of yews about five years ago. An honest woodcutter cant hardly get any yew logs. I know, I have been playing that long, and remember how easy, although hard, it used to be. I think they need them to keep honest players from acutally being able to do to good. Where are these damn J mods. I realisze they can't be everywhere at once, but I think we all know the most popular macroing spots? Don't they? How hard would it be for them to patrol? I think they need them in the game to a certain extent. I don't know why, but seriously, to a certain extent, I don't think Jagex wants to get completely rid of them. And I am not a conspiracy theorist by the way.

in4F.gif

Regarding RS1 macroing - yes, it USED to be horrible.

Jagex employed the only guaranteed solution of removing macroers (gradually but steadily) - block new character registration.

With a non-increasing player base, and a fixed starting number of character accounts (which can only decrease), macroers will sooner or later be caught and banned, and unable to re-register, will be kicked out for good. Sooner or later only honest players remain, because even the stealthiest of macroers will SOMETIME make a slip and get caught, and in RS1 there are no second chances.

Of course, this solution entirely screws over the game, because the lack of influx of new low level players defeats the purpose of earning a high level - the average player level steadily grows (and cannot stop growing because new levels can't offset level gain by older players); there are no tasks you'd be "too veteran to do", and you see lvl 110s do menial things like mine ores for their own self sufficience; all items are bloody expensive (because gp is harder to make), and if you DON'T level constantly like everyone else, you soon find yourself to be a total noob.

I think that seeing a level 3 in RS1 is rarer than seeing a level 123

It's like fixing a crime problem in a city by dropping a nuke on it -- THAT will sure kill all the criminals! Might be "some" collateral damage, but who cares. :-/

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

I think I just saw a gold farmer (=/= macro) at the rune rocks.

A level 8 with his only skill being lvl 88 mining. A chinese name and he couldn't talk proper english either.

goldfarmerhererf7.png

Did it really come this far?

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Ok this is how it should work. After say, 100 logs cut , ores mined, fish caught, a screen should pop up and say please enter the below code, kinda like this

also, there could be a way for real players to turn it off after a while, like if you get 40 quest points it shows up after 1000 instead, if you get 120, it goes away forever

It has been done before in RSC, this is the second time I post this today actually. Basicly: it didn't work. Autoers found a (rather nice) way around it.

here is my exact post from earlier today:

That has already been done in RSC. Ever heard of fatigue? Every action you did made you more 'fatigued'. When you hit 100% fatigue you had to sleep. You could sleep by using a sleeping bag and then filling in such a code.

Guess what? Autoers found a way around it.

I even was part of the cheating community back then.

Someone (TIF rules forbid me to say who) created a program wich you just had to turn on while autoing and sent a screenshot of the word, wich you had to fill in when sleeping, to another person who was using that program and he filled in that word for you. It worked flawless Twisted Evil

So basicly:

1) You take a few minutes to fill in enough words for other people and get lots of credits.

2) You turn your own auto on combined with this program

3) You go do something else while your character is doing what you want

4) When it gets fatigued someone fills in a code for you

5) Next day you repeat this process.

Don't forget allot of autoers do it for the rush of beating Jagex with these kind of things. It indeed feels good if you can outsmart someone Cool

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

It has been done before in RSC, this is the second time I post this today actually. Basicly: it didn't work. Autoers found a (rather nice) way around it.

here is my exact post from earlier today:

That has already been done in RSC. Ever heard of fatigue? Every action you did made you more 'fatigued'. When you hit 100% fatigue you had to sleep. You could sleep by using a sleeping bag and then filling in such a code.

Guess what? Autoers found a way around it.

I even was part of the cheating community back then.

Someone (TIF rules forbid me to say who) created a program wich you just had to turn on while autoing and sent a screenshot of the word, wich you had to fill in when sleeping, to another person who was using that program and he filled in that word for you. It worked flawless Twisted Evil

So basicly:

1) You take a few minutes to fill in enough words for other people and get lots of credits.

2) You turn your own auto on combined with this program

3) You go do something else while your character is doing what you want

4) When it gets fatigued someone fills in a code for you

5) Next day you repeat this process.

Don't forget allot of autoers do it for the rush of beating Jagex with these kind of things. It indeed feels good if you can outsmart someone Cool

It's a shame that sleeping bags didn't work very well at stopping autoers, but you have to wonder if they worked better than random events do. Even with all of the random events it seems like autoers keep going forever.

The problem now is that about 30% of all rs players on at any given time except weekends are autoers. And these people have billions of gp to spend, so they equip autoers with rune axes, whips for dragon killing autoers, mills of gp for rune buying autoers, mills for merching autoers.

They don't mind losing 1 acc to a ban as they have 100s more cutting logs, merching, buying stores, making bs, picking flax, fishing, killing dragons, mining... the list goes on and on.

Jagex needs to just ban all Chinese and Korean ips from rs, I know it's harsh but 99% of ips from there on rs are autoers.

I don't know why jagex can just IP ban em or have a macro sweep. It's really simple but instead he wants to make chicken suits... <.<

The reason IP bans do not work is because people can very easily change their IP. there is a program called dynamic IP, it can change your IP as often as you want, getting one around IP bans very easily. Tbh, i would support a lock on new accounts (no more new ones) but then there would be less pkers, and the prices of cooked sharks would drop dramatically, and yews would go up to about 400e. soo, it is truly a VERY hard problem to fix

o and not to meantion sharks lol, those would b like 2k each raw

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

*points to sig*

Oh my god, i laughed my [wagon] off when i saw that.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I don't know why jagex can just IP ban em or have a macro sweep. It's really simple but instead he wants to make chicken suits... <.<

The reason IP bans do not work is because people can very easily change their IP. there is a program called dynamic IP, it can change your IP as often as you want, getting one around IP bans very easily. Tbh, i would support a lock on new accounts (no more new ones) but then there would be less pkers, and the prices of cooked sharks would drop dramatically, and yews would go up to about 400e. soo, it is truly a VERY hard problem to fix

forgot to mention sharks last time. hmmm 1500 each?

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

All autoers should have these options when you right-click them:

Walk here

Follow

Trade

Kick [wagon]

It sure would solve a lot of problems... :twisted:

Pasty.png

All autoers should have these options when you right-click them:

Walk here

Follow

Trade

Kick [wagon]

It sure would solve a lot of problems... :twisted:

lol thats a lot of [wagon] to kick! :lol:

61od7vn.png

nickymissy.png

I think that player moderators should patrol around places that usually filled with bots like yew trees and just ban those @#^&$%& bots...if they come back they could maybe use the IP of the computer where the bot came from and ban all other users or block any attempts to create new characters..thats my opinion...cuz its really getting frustrating to get 1k yew logs with all this "company"

There is no fate but what we make for ourselves