Arrrgh, Macroers!

Forum_User

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, apart from everyone admiting they macro, defending macros etc. I know a few things about some of them.

One: they aren't as smart as you think. The program usually alerts the programmer when it encounters a situation it cant handle(some randoms)

Two:they are everywhere, and are always used unfairly.(ya, because someone will make an account named rtl505 just to macro at times on it, not to mention rtl506,rtl507,rtl508,rtl509,etc,etc)

Three: some are over lvl 70. green dragon autoers are probally the most advanced ones out there, even if they are predictable

four: "i macro for programming exp" Go program a game yourself, and dont go and ruin our, and jagex's game. There are programs such as:blitz basic, blitz 3d, and also java, html, and many other non-intrusive ways to train your skills.

Also, most macros get their code from one source, often they never even program it.

Also, report them, dont worry about them being skillers, someone with the name wc5678 isnt, in any way, a legit player.

katiegirl19.png

this might of been said before but i not reading over 23 pages too see if you have a lot of alching to do or just want to stand araound for a while goto the flax fields with your cat and have the cat stay on one of the flax that way all the bots will start clicking on your cat and break down if you stay there long enough then a random will come and deal with them i saw one guys cat have 7 of them trapped

If you make a fire for a man he will be warm for a day, if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.

2yooa49.png

i like tigers

"if you say plz because its shorter then please ill say no because its shorter then yes"

"if you say trade please ill say screw you because its shorter then trading"

I'm to lazy to quote the guy that said P-Mods should be patrolling macro hotspots, so, yeah.

J-Mods are already doing this.

As well as me and people from the order of cabbage. Click the great bot reporting trip in my sig (and bump the damn thread <.< )

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

im not sure how many of you are aware but most of rsCOM has already had there topics about it.

but there's a new program called ares that combat trains with guthans and will eventually allow you to auto through barrows and pray accordingly to the attack style of the brother :evil: (not sure if i could have said the name, mods take out if needed) but needless to say theres been an increase in "un humanly" rs characters with high lvls opening the barrows chests.

im not trying to spread it, im just venting steam about it for people who rely on barrows as there main income as we know its very profitable. but what happens with all of the barrows pieces are in the 500k-1ms.

will barrows become another forgotten way to make millions?

Autoers where do i begin i almost went mad when i went F2P for a while although Jagex did a great Job with the Shark autoers and yew logs seem to be rising in price. Remember! you can help by not just reporting but wearing green near the flax autoers and getting autoers in Draynor owned by wizards.

I feel the need to rant here because I never really took the problem of autoers as being all that serious, until now. Yesterday I started levelling up my fishing. When I got to Catherby, I was shocked at the number of blatantly autoing accounts that I discovered. A friend had warned me when I said I was going to Catherby, but I was not expecting 50%+ of the fishers there to be running macros. It was an absolute disgrace.

I started to report them one by one, until every level 3 account that I could see had been reported, and I have gotten into the habit of doing this every time I log in. Maybe not every single one of them was autoing, but I expect 99% of them were, and it is now Jagex's responsibility to sort that out. The problem is, there are just so many of them. I probably saw 20 autoers at Catherby beach at any one time that day. If there are 20 autoers on every single P2P world, that's around 1,000-1,500 people constantly raping resources from the game, considerably lowering the price of that resource, and devaluing the honest work that the rest of us put into this game.

When you come to realise that there are JUST 1,000 autoers alone farming Catherby fishing spots, you start to realise just how big the problem is. F2P has twice as many worlds, so can we assume that there are 2,000 autoers at yews near Draynor, perhaps several thousand others scattered at various trees throughout Runescape. Then there's a host of other skills that you may find autoers at, and all the consequences of that. My guess is that there are around 10,000 autoers at any one point online, but this is just an educated estimation. That's every 1 in 10 players, although I'm surprised the figure is not even higher.

The major problem is this vast number of autoers. It is now clear that reporting them does absolutely no good whatsoever. Most people, like I myself, have come to realise that for every reported autoer, and possible resultant ban, their space on the server will be occupied by another one within an hour or two. It's just an unscalable problem. On top of this, every time before an autoer logs out, I have no doubt that they trade, by drop trading or any other means, to another account so that in the event they get banned, their 'work' has not gone to waste and they still have all their resources to sell for real life cash.

This gets us into another problem. It's not just people autoing their accounts because they're lazy, it's the Chinese farmers Jagex were talking about a couple of months back. These guys are the ones that are not bothered about the actual account being banned, but just want the resources to sell for gold. Then again they could be a mix of somebody who is lazy, found an autoing program, and is using the benefits to exchange for real world money. I became especially worried yesterday when I noticed that two players had the same four letters in front of their name followed by two different 3 digit numbers. Most likely I would expect these accounts to belong to two people working in the same sweatshop, with each person working on a similar account, and perhaps the rest of the sweatshop workers were scattered on all the other worlds.

So what's the solution? Well Jagex need to crack down harder on the problem for sure. That goes without saying. Clearly banning 8,000 accounts a week is not enough. We need every one of those to be an IP ban, until these people get the message that it's just not worth the effort to farm our game for gold. If that doesn't work, I propose suspending access to the game, and limiting logins to countries which have a large base of players, such as the UK, the USA, Canada, Holland, Australia, Germany, France, Belgium and perhaps a number of other countries. It may seem drastic, but it will certainly drill home the message to the sweatshops, and the honest players in those countries will direct their anger at the sweatshops with any luck, drawing attention to the them, so their governments can tackle the issue.

I admit it's not the most user-friendly idea, but something has to be done, and something this drastic may just be the solution. It's up to Jagex to keep these people from playing the game, and they have failed so far. It's clear their detection methods are not up to scratch, or able to keep up with the rate that people are creating autoing accounts, so something considerably more efficient needs to be enforced with immediate effect.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

The thing that really bugs me about macros is the way their 'masters' often do absolutely NOTHING to try and disguise them! Okay, I know your average joe macro maker is incredibly keen to get in there and start making money/resources etc., and doesn't want to bother with making their bots a bit less obvious - but jeez, the amount of times I've seen that default semi-bald character, running around in green tops and bottoms, combat lvl 3 and with some random name like '16345b53a' is enough to absolutely drive me NUTS!!! :evil:

Actually, it's just pretty pathetic <.< . Says a lot about the basic intelligence level of people these days - 'If I made a macro, exactly like the one mentioned above, to chop yews behind varrock castle, do you think people would notice it?' 'Nah.' -.- At least they could do a bit more to disguise it. Such as:

:arrow: Clothes - For goodness sake, can't they even bother to click and change even the colour of the clothes they're wearing? Even past that, they should give them a few mid-level items to wear to distinguish them from some of the newbie players that come out only with their bare clothes and a wooden sword and shield.

:arrow: Name - Oh come on, this one's obvious. Many of the good names have been taken already, but they could do something better than '6235e23r'... -.-

:arrow: Combat Lev - Okay, this one's the trickiest. At least they could stop them from staying at lvl 3. However, particularly on a member's world, even if you are up to about lvl 20 you still stand out as one of the lower lvls who could well be a macro. The only way round this one is to somehow make it clear to other players that you're not a combat-orientated person, but how you're going to do that with a macro I don't know...

'Nuff said. :D

As IanTiger said, the problem is a lot greater than many of us want to believe. Trust me, the fate of Runescape hangs in the balance here. Some would remember Diablo II, once a rich online experience, has since fallen prey to endless cheaters and dupers. While the problem in D2 was mainly duping, here in RS its blatant macroing. At first this many not seem like too big of a deal, just some annoying level 3s running around, but the chain reaction caused by them amassing huge amounts of valuable items will be devastating.

Runescape is especially vulnerable to this because the gameplay itself revolves around the player raising their skills. Eventually it will get to a point where noone will respect your skills, no matter how high they are, because thousands upon thousands of macroers have already attained 99 etc. etc. thus making the player think "Whats the point?"

In a game like this, when noone has any goals, they will stop playing. I report every level 3 I see, to do my part. If we all do the same, along with Jagex banning this scum, we may be saved.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

You just gotta wonder who is behind some of those macroers....a little 9 year old boy....a 47 year old drunken wash-up with no life other than online games, who knows! Anyway, these things are everywhere now, the fishing shop, the range shops, mines, trees. I report a macroer almost every chance i get, but deep down, i know it will never help, jagex get thousands of reports a day, and then they have to check each one to make sure its true....it just takes too long, i bet some fat guy is sitting in a cubicle somewhere in Jagexs headquarters right now, reading hundreds of bogus reports, and skipping them over, and probably skipping over a lot of the real reports too. I have givven up all hope when it comes to jagex, im just thankful for what they gave us in the good old days.

If you like chicken, then you are awesome!

As IanTiger said, the problem is a lot greater than many of us want to believe. Trust me, the fate of Runescape hangs in the balance here. Some would remember Diablo II, once a rich online experience, has since fallen prey to endless cheaters and dupers. While the problem in D2 was mainly duping, here in RS its blatant macroing. At first this many not seem like too big of a deal, just some annoying level 3s running around, but the chain reaction caused by them amassing huge amounts of valuable items will be devastating.

You're absolutely right. I don't think even Jagex appreciate the scale of the problem and how close Runescape is to imploding; I know I didn't until a couple of days ago. If I was running the company, I would drop all new content, and focus all resources on tackling the problem now and putting a permanent stop to macroing and gold farming.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

heres my theory on bots..

1. theyre tollerated by jagex to fill worlds (they get more advert money to show their adverts more players play this game, and they made like 10 new worlds last year theyre trying to fill) solution.. dont show the ammount of players per world.

2. to make up its lost member $ because of alot of players quitting this game to play competitor games. Every video game and gaming console dies off eventually and some other game *takes over* jagex could make the final years be enjoyable to its loyal honest customers.

2. Its jagex themselfs with the bots, i never once seen a jmod monitor a bot hot spot. If they actually cared for their own game would they let these bots destroy the game and anger honest players? i mean all of us know where the bots are located at, why arnt they monitoring these places? , they cant rely solely on players reporting to fix this problem.. if theyre trying to fix it to begin with..

addyfcookcape,babiangel89.gif

liuai000ih8.png

i didn't know they were that high in level, i thought they were all banned around 80. #-o

Hey! I reported those at page 22!

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

deyan,

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. Even keeping the axe in your inventory would not work since the key would be that even though the axe is in your inventory you still would not be able to use it to cut trees so it could work you would only need to code it properly. Basically you code the tree to not be able to be cut by anything lower than the required axe (just as it checks for your woodcutting level). Next you would need to code the axe to check for the appropriate combat level. Would this get rid of macroers? certainly not totally but it would seriously hinder them being able to mass produce so many.

So... This will be annoying for skillers while it doesn't stop autoÃÆÃâÃâërs? :roll: Than it isn't a good idea I'm affraid :(

Again, read the first post. If you are calling yourself a woodcutting pure or skiller just so you don't have to obtain at least 40 or better in combat skills, then your no better than the macroers that ruin the game. I feel you should be banned just like the rest of the trash if you only train skills to get gold. Your deviating from the core intention of the game which is to create a fantasy world where you not only perform skills to sustain wealth but also fight for your life at times.

I will not miss people who call themself skillers to camoflauge the fact that they use macros.

And just so you know, I consider myself a skiller. I have purposely supressed my combat level to stay in line with all of my other skills. I am a skiller that works ALL SKILLS and attempts to keep them all very close to each other.

Anyone ever picked Flax? Theres like 50 at a time....Yes, Rly! So some peeps wear green and blue and bring them to the Bats to get killed. They really ruin it for other pickers because the prices will dgo down because there is so much supply.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Anyone ever picked Flax? Theres like 50 at a time....Yes, Rly! So some peeps wear green and blue and bring them to the Bats to get killed. They really ruin it for other pickers because the prices will dgo down because there is so much supply.

One of the best examples. For some reason they go directly for the first 2 clumps of flax, instead of the back of the fenced-in area. This results in huge waves of tan and green bobbing up and down, picking all of the flax until there is no more, then blindly standing there, haha.

They also tend to get hung up on the environment to and from the Seers' bank. They are EVERYWHERE up there!

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

click on the bottem pic in my sig for help

even though macroers dont bother me because i am f2p and have -60 wc

im still annoyed to see bald bearded lvl 3 wearing light green shirt and dark green pants with random names holding rune axes chopping yews

then when they get banned the econemy of rs will fall because everyone bought there logs from them so they have no skill to get it themself so

they cant make more bows etc and that cuts of even more supply

i like that flax idea too

i need to know how to camo myself as a f2p as a yew so i can bring bots to thier doom

btw dont forgewt click the bottem pic in my sig!

allcp5.gif

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Last edited by minirouge13 on an unknown date, edited 9,999 time in total

http://img.world-of-dungeons.net/wod/design/playthisgame/en/wod_1.jpg

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr u realize this is against the rules in the main forums? anyway... REPORT THOSE --------- macroers! many people think jagex will do it all for them.... WRONG! jagex has <400 employees.... they cant monitor everything! :wall: :wall: :wall::wall: :wall: :wall::wall: :wall: :wall:

Actually... the worst possible thing that could happen is... I could die!

Well I think the yew trees are worser...

hoeveelautorswr8.png

I don't say the names I posted here are autoÃÆÃâÃâërs so plz don't remove my post mods ;)

green dot is pattie 13 (nice f2p girl with high stats) ;)

I'm reporting macro's where ever i can but its really getting out off hand...........The last time I went fishing I saw 19 of them! and 7 real players! I've reported them all but the day afther I saw some names again! Why is it so difficult to kick these people out? Personaly? I think its not that difficult..........Take some Mods and ask them to sacrefice 1 night in the week to just patrole the arias where macros hang out and just kick them on the spot out of the game................Banned for life in combination with there IP adres..............I gladly would sacrefice 1 game night, in the time I play, so that RS gets a better place onces more..........

And if its because the macro's pay money and Jagex needs that money?............better think twice............More macros means less players.........means in the end no more macro's............means no paying players anymore...............

But please keep repporting! The tip I've got from a Mod was......go to main home.......Send in your messege by : other.........and say: Suspected rule 7 breakers.............then fill in all the names you saw that evening............tell them a little in what world and around what time ( Country aswel because time is different in Holland than USA ) .............And all lets hope that RS will be again what it once where.........FREE OF BOTS!!!!

vlammetje_x.png

Yesterday, just minding my own beeswax and fishing for some swordies to sell,then suddenly... Incoming, alert the captain! Man the report buttons! Fire the anti-macroing tests! gosh! like 20 lvl 3 macroers come in and wipe the floor with all of the other people fishing... their troop went off with some bad injuries though, at least 6 of them got banned by the 30+ non-macros, but, they'll be back and stronger than ever tommorow... I need an anti-macro missle that kills them instantly and they don't respawn, new skill, macro killing...

edit: oh great I just put this up, guess what ad is above this? An ad for macro bots... oh thats kinda ironic and is (bleep) (bleepiedie) (bllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppppppp) bots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEATH TO THE BOTS!!! I hate the people who say you can't get rid of them, yeah, because of you you can't I always say, hypocritical losers... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.