Arrrgh, Macroers!

Forum_User

I thought of an idea to get rid of macroers, we could make macroers of our own, only they could be REPORTING MACROERS!!!! Macros built solely to report other macros. The perfect idea... lol macros reporting macros.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of an idea to get rid of macroers, we could make macroers of our own, only they could be REPORTING MACROERS!!!! Macros built solely to report other macros. The perfect idea... lol macros reporting macros.

Maybe Jagex should do that. :wink:

They already have bots in customer support, so why not ingame as well? :XD:

But how do you recognise them?

What happens if you report a Jagex bot?

In my opinion, your idea would just create a weird alternate universe :P

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

The thing that really bugs me about macros is the way their 'masters' often do absolutely NOTHING to try and disguise them! Okay, I know your average joe macro maker is incredibly keen to get in there and start making money/resources etc., and doesn't want to bother with making their bots a bit less obvious - but jeez, the amount of times I've seen that default semi-bald character, running around in green tops and bottoms, combat lvl 3 and with some random name like '16345b53a' is enough to absolutely drive me NUTS!!! :evil:

Actually, it's just pretty pathetic <.< . Says a lot about the basic intelligence level of people these days - 'If I made a macro, exactly like the one mentioned above, to chop yews behind varrock castle, do you think people would notice it?' 'Nah.' -.- At least they could do a bit more to disguise it. Such as:

:arrow: Clothes - For goodness sake, can't they even bother to click and change even the colour of the clothes they're wearing? Even past that, they should give them a few mid-level items to wear to distinguish them from some of the newbie players that come out only with their bare clothes and a wooden sword and shield.

:arrow: Name - Oh come on, this one's obvious. Many of the good names have been taken already, but they could do something better than '6235e23r'... -.-

:arrow: Combat Lev - Okay, this one's the trickiest. At least they could stop them from staying at lvl 3. However, particularly on a member's world, even if you are up to about lvl 20 you still stand out as one of the lower lvls who could well be a macro. The only way round this one is to somehow make it clear to other players that you're not a combat-orientated person, but how you're going to do that with a macro I don't know...

'Nuff said. :D

Uh... That'll just make it harder for us to report them.

That it will. Anyway, I belive that the reason macros look like that is because their makers brains are filled with nothing but macro scripts and cash.

Macro makers, the second closest thing to a machine (after darth vader).

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

They don't have to be ingame or reportable. For all you know there could be invisible monkeys running around Varrock making faces at people. :P

there is no chance of autoers getting to barrows, getting there alone involves doing 2.... yes 2 quests even then theyd have a problem finding safespots, bringing p pots, slayer staff, mage dart etc etc

no-one say they cant fight, just look at green drag autoers, the rune pures

My Goal Signature

I don't think I had ever seen an auto up until a few months ago :shock: , but now they are everywhere and unmistakable. The people who create macrobots are the scum of the gaming community, an IP ban would be lovely :D

I think if you gathered all the autos up there will be at least 2 worlds full :evil:

WTF. I SEEN THE ULTIMATE AUTOER THAT MADE ME BLOW MY TOP. A NAT RUNE AUTOER! YES, SIX, 6 OF THEM WALKING IN THE EXACT SAME STEP UN-NOTING P-ESS AT THE GENERAL STORE AUTO CRAFTING NATS!!!!!!!!
They've been around for a while. They dont make any difference because there is always a high demand for nats.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

Ive seen earth autoers. Wearing earth tiaras running to and fro from the bank to the alter. Must be the source of a lot of bulk earths for sale.

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

They don't have to be ingame or reportable. For all you know there could be invisible monkeys running around Varrock making faces at people. :P

One thing that sucks with the macroers is that I like to cut trees for it is an EASY skill to raise.(next to fishing :wink: ) Well anyways sometimes I think that other people think i am a macroer! Post here for tips.

yewbotssmallqu7.pngDestroy Them All!!!!!!! :twisted:

Support railroads in Runescape, a great update for Members and Free Players alike!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=721093

But how do you recognise them?

What happens if you report a Jagex bot?

In my opinion, your idea would just create a weird alternate universe :P

Siggied! :lol:

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

I feel that Jargex has let the free players down when it comes to both Bots and autoers. Like most people I feel very annoyed when I am competing for the very limited resources with people only there to make money. Jargex has made lots of noise about how they are fixing the problem but have done very little to date.

As free members we do not even have the ability to rant on their forum.

We can report an abuser once every 60 sec. (When you have 40 lvl 3/4 fishing thats 40 min to report just them)

FIX THE PROBLEM JARGEX.

*Put more druids, monsters and multi kill zone where the resources are and make them a decent lvl. (the lvl 7 druids by the willows just do not have enough hitting power). I suggest lvl 100 killers

*Put some resources into the wildy, I will soon get rid of the lvl 3 autoers (a nice way to get resources killing lvl 3 for their stuff)

*Have more people able to ban these accounts, maybe the people on lvl 99 in each skill can stop low levels from working in that skill (ie: lvl 99 woodcutting stops a lvl 3 collecting wood from a yew for 24 hours)

This wave of autoers are making their way to the members area Jargex so you will end up with the free players getting annoyed and going to another game, and the paying players moving because of the ongoing problems.

Autoers are a disgrace to the game, taking the easy way out. But who hasn't taken the easy way once in their life? I do not even bother reporting them. One reason is because I honestly believe Jagex doesn't really read the appeals and such. Someone got unbanned for saying their cat fluffy jumped on the keyboard and "accidently" typed the offensive language and that they were sorry for it. Another, autoers only really affect players who gather raw materials, and i believe a small portion of the rs population actually does. I used to fish alot, got from 65-94 within 10months, i stopped until the autoing problem was a big deal. Sure, i hate the fact that sharks dropped from 1kea to 640ea. But thats how i get 99 cooking and made a profit. The way i see it, autoing will be a problem until Jagex honestly cares about the games direction. Why would a company who makes 6m+ a month care about how low the prices of shakrs/yews/ess are. If Jagex cared, this would've been over. I've gotten banned for saying "jew." Does Jagex care about the reason behind it?No. Honestly, its easy to tell whos a autoer, their name is some random jibberish and their logged on for god knows how long. Sure, their getting smarter with leveling themselves to 20 and saying hi once in a blue moon and all. Jagex doesn't even listen to the polls on the main page! When was the last time they made a update that derived from a poll?

I feel that Jargex has let the free players down when it comes to both Bots and autoers. Like most people I feel very annoyed when I am competing for the very limited resources with people only there to make money. Jargex has made lots of noise about how they are fixing the problem but have done very little to date.

We can report an abuser once every 60 sec. (When you have 40 lvl 3/4 fishing thats 40 min to report just them)

FIX THE PROBLEM JARGEX.

*Put more druids, monsters and multi kill zone where the resources are and make them a decent lvl. (the lvl 7 druids by the willows just do not have enough hitting power). I suggest lvl 100 killers

*Put some resources into the wildy, I will soon get rid of the lvl 3 autoers (a nice way to get resources killing lvl 3 for their stuff)

*Have more people able to ban these accounts, maybe the people on lvl 99 in each skill can stop low levels from working in that skill (ie: lvl 99 woodcutting stops a lvl 3 collecting wood from a yew for 24 hours)

This wave of autoers are making their way to the members area Jargex so you will end up with the free players getting annoyed and going to another game, and the paying players moving because of the ongoing problems.

What is a Jargex? :-k and your post is so idiotic, you shouldn't be aloowed to play RuneScape.

Autoers are a disgrace to the game, taking the easy way out. But who hasn't taken the easy way once in their life? I do not even bother reporting them. One reason is because I honestly believe Jagex doesn't really read the appeals and such. Someone got unbanned for saying their cat fluffy jumped on the keyboard and "accidently" typed the offensive language and that they were sorry for it. Another, autoers only really affect players who gather raw materials, and i believe a small portion of the rs population actually does. I used to fish alot, got from 65-94 within 10months, i stopped until the autoing problem was a big deal. Sure, i hate the fact that sharks dropped from 1kea to 640ea. But thats how i get 99 cooking and made a profit. The way i see it, autoing will be a problem until Jagex honestly cares about the games direction. Why would a company who makes 6m+ a month care about how low the prices of shakrs/yews/ess are. If Jagex cared, this would've been over. I've gotten banned for saying "jew." Does Jagex care about the reason behind it?No. Honestly, its easy to tell whos a autoer, their name is some random jibberish and their logged on for god knows how long. Sure, their getting smarter with leveling themselves to 20 and saying hi once in a blue moon and all. Jagex doesn't even listen to the polls on the main page! When was the last time they made a update that derived from a poll?

You'll look at the Achievement Diary in Varrock which is coming up this month, and you'll look at a certain poll about Achievement Diaries. Can you find the link between the two?

Of course Jagex cares about the game. If the game is better, they make more money. Looks like you forget that.

For the word "Jew", it seems you've reported and banned for it. Why do you think you've been reported? Because nobody cares? No. Someone was offended and reported you. Next time you'll think twice before typing.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

The thing that really bugs me about macros is the way their 'masters' often do absolutely NOTHING to try and disguise them! Okay, I know your average joe macro maker is incredibly keen to get in there and start making money/resources etc., and doesn't want to bother with making their bots a bit less obvious - but jeez, the amount of times I've seen that default semi-bald character, running around in green tops and bottoms, combat lvl 3 and with some random name like '16345b53a' is enough to absolutely drive me NUTS!!! :evil:

Actually, it's just pretty pathetic <.< . Says a lot about the basic intelligence level of people these days - 'If I made a macro, exactly like the one mentioned above, to chop yews behind varrock castle, do you think people would notice it?' 'Nah.' -.- At least they could do a bit more to disguise it. Such as:

:arrow: Clothes - For goodness sake, can't they even bother to click and change even the colour of the clothes they're wearing? Even past that, they should give them a few mid-level items to wear to distinguish them from some of the newbie players that come out only with their bare clothes and a wooden sword and shield.

:arrow: Name - Oh come on, this one's obvious. Many of the good names have been taken already, but they could do something better than '6235e23r'... -.-

:arrow: Combat Lev - Okay, this one's the trickiest. At least they could stop them from staying at lvl 3. However, particularly on a member's world, even if you are up to about lvl 20 you still stand out as one of the lower lvls who could well be a macro. The only way round this one is to somehow make it clear to other players that you're not a combat-orientated person, but how you're going to do that with a macro I don't know...

'Nuff said. :D

Uh... That'll just make it harder for us to report them.

That it will. Anyway, I belive that the reason macros look like that is because their makers brains are filled with nothing but macro scripts and cash.

Macro makers, the second closest thing to a machine (after darth vader).

Actually you're closer to thetruth than you think. Most (if not all) of the macro makers run scripts to create new accounts. Because the sign-up process and tuorial islan are always exactly the same, it's easy to make a script that creates new accounts, gets them off the island and logs them out recvording the name and pass. Amazingly Jagex havnt put in one of those 'enter the numbers/letters' boxes on acc creation. meaning there's no restriction to getting a script to creae accounts.

I just double checked myself whether the was any kind of security measures when creating an account but there isn't. i mean, if forums and email sites need you to enter a security number i'm amazed that jagex hasnt. i reckon if they implemented a system like this it would slow down the macroers a lot.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

PMFG jaghax ban teh autobotties they steel mah YEWZ! BANNZOR ALL LVL 3's THEY R HAX0rZZ!111!!11!!1!1onefivewww.google.com11!!!1 IP BANN HIMZ SO HIZ FAMIWY CAWNT PLAY TEH RS NEMORE!

STFU! Everyone knows bots are against the rules, and jagex doesnt need to be told to ban them, they are not stupid nor are they blind. They just take time to make sure they arent banning a legit account (Which they sometimes do anyway), because guess what? Not all bald level 3's cutting yews with their chat off are autoers, some people are very antisocial, even in a video game, and just like to skill. Just because he wont be your friend and go skipping off into the sunset with you doesnt mean hes instantly a bot.

I know several level 3 skillers in f2p and p2p, and they HATE getting called bots, because people like you guys accuse them all day every day of autoing and needlessly report them. They get called bots so often they just turn their chat off and skill, which leads to even more noobs reporting them. I have seen several legit level 3 skillers banned just because noobs unfairly reported them so often, some with good stats too.

Reporting bots is fine, but reporting every lvl 3 you see cutting trees or minning is not cool. Be SURE they are a bot, just because they dont talk doesnt mean they are autoing. Dont get legit people banned, thats all im saying.

There was an auto-scammer in f2p lumby earlier, It was doing the ol' free lobster scam, It didn't pay attention to people who called it a scammer, and it type way too fast it was typing 10 word sentances in 2 seconds, And it didn't do anything even if the same person kept trading them, and then declining. :anxious:

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

FIX THE PROBLEM JARGEX.

I can somewhat see the point in the first one, but letting people like Zezima ban people? How do we know they won't misuse their power? I'm sure that they would have some low level friends who whould bribe them to stop skillers because they are better skillers. As I said I don't see the point. And putting resources in Wilderness? Who would be stupid enough to program something to go into dangerous places wherer there would be no chance of succeding. I would rather like to fish Sharks in Fishing guild rather than Demonic Ruins or Rune Mine if you see my point. And when i get to cook them? Sure... just when i'm done some ***** kills me. w00t, my life's goal!

460wk.jpg

In Soviet Russia, Veltia's signature stares at YOU!!

The Gielinor Tribune|Blog|The Twax Story

The other day i saw some bots/macroers cutting down a yew and there were genuine players there complaining about it. So I said don't whinge, report and they all said naaaah like lagging is breaking some schoolyard code of honour .

I just dont get that (this was an aussie world) to me if they are wrecking the game for everyone just report them.

I would prefer to strangle them myself but since that cant be done report. At least report one or two. Everyone report them constantly.

They suck

no I am NOT looking for a hot bf. I am twice your age ok? And UGLY

the new wilderness update should slow down green drag auto's\goldfarmers but it hurts us real players aswell. :shame:

thank god though because i see them all the time when i was planking it was so annoying. ive also seen tons while ive been fishing but i havent seen a few lately which is good.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâûÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâàÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâämÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¸ÃÆÃâÃâøÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÃÂ¥ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâë ~Fisher for Life~

head3final.jpg

Accomplished September 20, 2007