Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grrr - I was unfairly muted/banned!

Advice Account Security RuneScape Classic

• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

BrokenArrow
[ Display Name History ]

BrokenArrow

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
How do you check for the black marks?

imperialglory
[ Display Name History ]

imperialglory

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 119 posts
ok im lvl 3 member so of course everyone thinks i auto thats why i have to talk this guy lvl 43 said i auto and id had enough of it that day so i went mental at him then a mod comes bam im muted ye not to bad only 3 days then i went fishing and about 5 people say i auto and i cant talk back so yep i got muted agtain after having a massive go at enough i think iv had aroung 2k reports on me now..

Haddman
[ Display Name History ]

Haddman

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 117 posts
My friend got banned for not paying for his membership, 2 TIMES, wtf, his account was lvl 77.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Duke_Kaleb
[ Display Name History ]

Duke_Kaleb

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:Duke Kaleb
First of all you can check your blackmarks by going to the Runescape homepage and scrolling down until you see the link "appeal a ban/mute".

Second

ok im lvl 3 member so of course everyone thinks i auto thats why i have to talk this guy lvl 43 said i auto and id had enough of it that day so i went mental at him then a mod comes bam im muted ye not to bad only 3 days then i went fishing and about 5 people say i auto and i cant talk back so yep i got muted agtain after having a massive go at enough i think iv had aroung 2k reports on me now..

I don't understand how you were muted again once you already were muted, as you realize that in order to report someone for something verbal, then you must talk within the last 60 seconds. And also, I'm level 3 on this account too, and I don't normally like to talk all that much...but don't worry because Jagex fully investigates behavior of an account before actioning someone for macroing.
Posted Image

imperialglory
[ Display Name History ]

imperialglory

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 119 posts
i also got per muted for swearing and stuff at a mod and that totally my falut for being stupid

Crunchbag
[ Display Name History ]

Crunchbag

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • RSN:Crunchbag
I have a clean record 8-) but it seems to me that JaGEx can be very unfair in some circumstances. It really seems that they should review their policies on banning and maybe get more staff to sort through reports. Until recently I have never been particularly worried about being hacked as a lot of the money that i make is invested into skills but it is much more worrying now I have seen how unfair JaGEx can be. Some players are unfairly banned while others get modships the don't deserve. Personally, I've never had bad experiences with P-Mods but as the person that was muted for typing faster than a mod shows, not all mods deserve the crown...
Posted Image
Proud owner of Legends Cape since 10.03.07
Completed Desert Treasure on 21.03.07
First achieved Quest Cape on 14.08.07 at 89 combat

Drazon
[ Display Name History ]

Drazon

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 64 posts

[lmao] I got 7.5 blackmarks on my strength/mage/range hybrid because I was "using third party software". This is bull crap because the only thing I've ever used while playing rs is Limewire, aim, or hypercam. Lol i guess this is a good thing, gives me time to work on my main and what not. But 7.5 black marks for nothing!! What the [bleep]!

Taping RuneScape by any means is a violation of copyright laws. You're lucky they just banned you. There's worse that coulda been done. :shame:

Fuzimatt
[ Display Name History ]

Fuzimatt

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 270 posts
i think if you say soemthign and it gets through the filter you shouldnt get muted or blk marks

i recieved another .3 blk marks last night for saying the simple r word on a german friend since in english servers its blocked but i use it i didnt realize you could so i cant wait for my reply of "we have reason to..."

Drazon
[ Display Name History ]

Drazon

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 64 posts

My only offence is a temp mute for "auto typing / spamming the chat box" What happened was I was in world two merchanting half keys / crystal keys and there was a p mod there doing it too. Well I was buying for more than him and typing faster than him so what does he do? Temp mutes me. When Jagex sees it they think I was auto typing so the mute is upheld. I appealed it and explained the situation, but I just got some stupid form response. Lame. At least I know that they really don't look at their reports closely.

Ouch... From what I've read most of you people are either lying or it's true- Jagex has become deeply corrupted.

As for that one, just one more instance of abuse of power/being consumed by greed.

One of these days I'll find my account muted for saying that. :-#

tugrul88
[ Display Name History ]

tugrul88

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 114 posts
After 3 or 4 years of honest gameplay, following all the rules and playing my part in making the RS community better, I get a permanent ban along with a good friend :(

I was accused of RL trading and encouraging others to break rules.

What really happened was:

Last week I turned F2p, and didn't get my membership back immediately as I planned to high-alch 10K Green Bodies while I was F2p.

So the day after I turned F2p, I browse through the forums and purchase a Red Partyhat. As I had a P2p banksize, I couldn't bank my Partyhat. I've been hacked a few times in the past, and so I didn't want to risk losing my Partyhat. So I ask a good friend to hold onto it for a few days until I get my membership back. On Sunday (Yesterday) I got my membership back and my friend returned the Partyhat.

So there it is. Me, and my friend were accused and perm banned for that ^

We have appealed but the chances of Jagex actually believing us is probably slim.

We recieved our reply about 30minutes later.

An automated response saying "we have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and for this reason this offence will remain on your account."

In my appeal, I did not say I wasn't in control of my account. And I did not cause an offence. Their response is pathetic.

Riptide Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Riptide Mage

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,027 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Riptide Mage
  • Clan:DGS
I've loyally played this game for over 5 years; however, me and my brother had never really bothered to check our black marks until the other day, and he discovers that he has been given one, under "Rule 6."

************: do u have a main though?

bro: no

************: so that's ur main?

bro: yea

bro: but my bro helps me out

************: oh ok cool

bro: um?

bro: that wouldnt even fit under anythjing

************: reported for what?

bro: by help me i mean he gives me stuff from his char

bro: ur wierd

************: reported for joking

************: hehe

bro: did u fail 2 notice my bro here?

bro: lj13...

bro: he came here u noob..

bro: i let him on my comp a sec

************: wow this the 2nd time i reported u

bro: for what?

************: u might get muted

bro: ive done nothing out of the rules

************: yes u did

bro: what?

************: u said the n word

bro: ive played for 5 years and have 0 black marks

bro: i know the rules noob noob noob

************: cool, u'll get one soon

bro: noob isnt bad

bro: noob means noob

Now the actual evidence was two full pages, so he sent a reply explaining what REALLY happened and asking Jagex to re-read the evidence. (He had got off the computer, I had logged in, waved, then allowed him back on the computer) Exactly 7 seconds later:

Thank you for your appeal.

We are sorry to inform you that this appeal has been denied.

We have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and for this reason this offence will remain on your account.

We suggest you take some time to remind yourself of the Rules of RuneScape before you start playing again!

RuneScape Customer Support

No where in his reply did he say he was not in control of his account...nor could the evidence been sent, re-read, and replied to in 7 seconds

I guess Jagex really does care about its loyal players :uhh:

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

tugrul88
[ Display Name History ]

tugrul88

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 114 posts

I've loyally played this game for over 5 years; however, me and my brother had never really bothered to check our black marks until the other day, and he discovers that he has been given one, under "Rule 6."

************: do u have a main though?

bro: no

************: so that's ur main?

bro: yea

bro: but my bro helps me out

************: oh ok cool

bro: um?

bro: that wouldnt even fit under anythjing

************: reported for what?

bro: by help me i mean he gives me stuff from his char

bro: ur wierd

************: reported for joking

************: hehe

bro: did u fail 2 notice my bro here?

bro: lj13...

bro: he came here u noob..

bro: i let him on my comp a sec

************: wow this the 2nd time i reported u

bro: for what?

************: u might get muted

bro: ive done nothing out of the rules

************: yes u did

bro: what?

************: u said the n word

bro: ive played for 5 years and have 0 black marks

bro: i know the rules noob noob noob

************: cool, u'll get one soon

bro: noob isnt bad

bro: noob means noob

Now the actual evidence was two full pages, so he sent a reply explaining what REALLY happened and asking Jagex to re-read the evidence. (He had got off the computer, I had logged in, waved, then allowed him back on the computer) Exactly 7 seconds later:

Thank you for your appeal.

We are sorry to inform you that this appeal has been denied.

We have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and for this reason this offence will remain on your account.

We suggest you take some time to remind yourself of the Rules of RuneScape before you start playing again!

RuneScape Customer Support

No where in his reply did he say he was not in control of his account...nor could the evidence been sent, re-read, and replied to in 7 seconds

I guess Jagex really does care about its loyal players :uhh:

So I'm not the only one this has happened to :/

I haven't sent my final appeal off yet, since they probably wont even bother reading it.

Sad how many loyal players are banned and there are still thousands of macroers about.

LeggoMyEggo
[ Display Name History ]

LeggoMyEggo

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 174 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm serious, this is the stupidest thing ever...
Click here for my Falador World 2 Bank/Park and Price Guide
Clicky click for Recipe for Disaster Weapons and Gloves Guide!
Proud owner of a Woodcutting Cape - Sunday, Febuary 11th, 2007
Proud owner of a Flecthing Cape - Sunday December 16th, 2007

Riptide Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Riptide Mage

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,027 posts
Luckily my brother only received one black mark..but its ridiculous how they don't even read appeals. Why offer something that is never done? Its like a company advertising a new product, but not actually manufacturing the product. It gets everyones hopes up and then they think to them selves "Rofl...noobs"

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

menuwa
[ Display Name History ]

menuwa

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 17 posts
This happened on my old account, Supersam20. Just because I had Chat off and stuff, people thought I used an autoer.

I was once cutting trees near the mudskipper point and near the ice dungeons at Port Sarim. And I kept going to the bank and back, bank, back and so on. Then someone thought I was autoing, then I logged off and the week, I log on and I found out I was banned.
Posted Image

Duke_Kaleb
[ Display Name History ]

Duke_Kaleb

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • RSN:Duke Kaleb

Khadgar00 wrote:

[lmao] I got 7.5 blackmarks on my strength/mage/range hybrid because I was "using third party software". This is bull crap because the only thing I've ever used while playing rs is Limewire, aim, or hypercam. Lol i guess this is a good thing, gives me time to work on my main and what not. But 7.5 black marks for nothing!! What the [bleep]!

Taping RuneScape by any means is a violation of copyright laws. You're lucky they just banned you. There's worse that coulda been done.

Actually, you can use a hypercam. The same with screenshots. As long as it's in game and not of anything sent to you by Jagex into your inbox, then it's ok.
Posted Image

Sedai
[ Display Name History ]

Sedai

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
I played runescape for about a year and a half and never got reported or anything, always paying by phone [the same number] and playing from the same IP address. Then i took a break for about a year, starting somewhere in the beginning of '06. I started playing again about 2 weeks ago, I tried logging in and my pass was wrong..which happened to be a number i could never forget, so i was like what the hell and tried recovering....it didnt work.....then I put alot of info in that box at the bottom and after 2 days got my account back...only to find that my bank was empty and i had some new messages. So I checked the message, it was the automatic one you get when you pay for membership. Once again I was like what the hell.

Then my 'friend' logs in and says [quote] "give me your account back i hacked it fair and square *****!!!!"

Then I reported him and asked him how the hell he hacked me....no reply I asked again....no reply....Then my bro, who was watching and trying not to laugh at the time, said maybe I was muted, so i check and I had 9 black marks all for breaking rule 6 and all of them already apologised for.

I checked the evidence and my 'friend' had tried to sell my account....for 200k [Im a lvl 83 with 89 fletching 86 woodcutting and 1236 total so i was like what a [wagon]] heres that.....

Offence Type: Breaking Rule 6 Offence Date: 01-Jul-2006

Evidence for this offence:

************: i try the black dragons

************: dragon

************: i have to team the dragon

************: anyone here got mage arena hat>?

************: kool

************: i had but i died

************: infinity robes are hot

************: wt* u have no idea

************: 80

************: ty

************: lol

************: hmm i wonder y

************: im 77

************: ok...

************: i shall pay for insurance

************: i know

************: 3

************: kol

************: i have full lederhosen

************: lederhosen is kool

************: ##

************: lol whoops

************: ^^

************: ill show u

************: next time

************: i need 11 more

************: hm black g

************: hm?

************: (how much)

************: 50k?

************: ok ill get later

************: ok

************: anyone here had molly?

************: where u catch her twin sister with a claw

************: i have

************: u got pixies

************: was that a quest

************: omg

************: omfg

************: he jus got camo

************: out of the blue

************: lucky sob

************: me 2

************: the 80

************: omg

************: the old dude again

************: he calls u a worm and u do push ups

************: nice

************: omg lucky

************: brb banking

************: this lederhosen

************: umm

************: u go lower than 50?

************: yea

************: yea

sedai_kenshi: selling my account 200k!!!!

sedai_kenshi: not lieing

sedai_kenshi: need 200k

************: hmmm

************: str lvl>

sedai_kenshi: im serouse

sedai_kenshi: 68

************: lmfao

sedai_kenshi: 69 atta

************: no

************: i know

sedai_kenshi: fine 100k

************: mgae?

sedai_kenshi: i need money

sedai_kenshi: 67

************: could use alc

************: she jus a scammer tho

************: report her for pass trading

Anyways that couldnt prove i was hacked so i checked the other 3 times he was reported for this and found this......

Offence Type: Breaking Rule 6 Offence Date: 01-Jul-2006

************: ?

************: well

************: im not going to wild

************: sorry

************: buying tiara!!!!!!!

************: buying tiara!!!!!!!

************: dude chase

************: lets go

sedai_kenshi: 0man i hate this account

************: can i have it

************: ur account

sedai_kenshi: mmmmm

sedai_kenshi: add me

************->sedai_kenshi: k?

sedai_kenshi: k i asked questoin first

sedai_kenshi: u got a noob account to?

************->sedai_kenshi: yes

sedai_kenshi: can i trade for this one i need a pker

************->sedai_kenshi: no

************->sedai_kenshi: scammer

sedai_kenshi: kk

sedai_kenshi: the pas is robert

sedai_kenshi: u get

And i thought well that should prove it...how the hell do you get and account to over 1200 total and hate it....but I kept looking before sending anything to Jagex...and i guess he did trade it for that pker then hacked it back [which is what most account-sellers do] cuz this is the next one....

Offence Type: Breaking Rule 6 Offence Date: 14-Jun-2006

sedai_kenshi: no

************->sedai_kenshi: why not

sedai_kenshi: cuz its mine now

sedai_kenshi: wut did u put on it?

************->sedai_kenshi: omg he gave to me

************->sedai_kenshi: 400k

************->sedai_kenshi: thats y i wnat it back

sedai_kenshi: well give me 400k

************->sedai_kenshi: what?

sedai_kenshi: or good items

sedai_kenshi: im not just gonna give it to u

************->sedai_kenshi: u hacker

sedai_kenshi: wut?

************->sedai_kenshi: im goin to notify as many people

************->sedai_kenshi: to report u

sedai_kenshi: i wich i could i would have a bill

sedai_kenshi: i dont care its not my account

************->sedai_kenshi: omg

************->sedai_kenshi: u know wat im reportn

sedai_kenshi: wut?

I mean [cabbage] he said "its mine now" points out the 'now' part...so in my head Im thinking Jagex is stupid if they didnt see this....and i looked over all the evidence again and saw "i dont care its not my account" in the one above and was like what the hell, he pretty much says this isnt mine, I hate it, and i reported him saying he hacked me, so I go to appeal the mute...and I cant because they were 'appologised for'

So i went to customer service and sent one....I got an auto message saying they dont have time to look over messages from F2P, so I payed for membership [over the phone] and sent another one...another auto message with a piss load of -quote- "frequently asked questions about account security that should answer your query, please take the time to read through them carefully."

And of course I did they didnt help blah blah I sent another message more automatic bullcrap message saying -quote- "When an appeal comes in we always check many things but we also check to see if the account has been hijacked if this is the case we will make sure to remove any marks that are on the account for that offence. Rest assured the appeal was looked at properly"

I was thinking 'I didnt make the appeal [wagon] thats what I want to do'

So I sent yet another message through the complaint section saying I wanted a personal response and got this....-quote again- "Alas you cannot remove past offences (and the black marks incurred from them) from your account unless you can successfully appeal the offences at the time. You can make up for your misdeeds by becoming a fantastic player who is generous and kind to all who inhabit the realm."

Now Im thinking 'either they are morons who barely speak english....or this is another automatic response....because I said I cant appeal the damn offence because they already were and how the hell can I help people who I cant talk to'

So I sent another complaint lol...pretty much re-pointing out I was hacked, I couldnt appeal because the hacker did, and that I kept getting automated responses, I got this......"Thank you for your query regarding the status of your account.

As you know, the Rules of Service within RuneScape are written with the best interests and security of our players in mind. Unfortunately, you did not follow these rules and were caught in breach of the terms you agreed to when creating your account.

Because of this, your account will remain muted permanently.

All the evidence relevant to your case would have been available to you when you first submitted your appeals.

We do not restrict you from starting another account and continuing within the world of RuneScape, though we do ask that you learn from your past mistakes and follow more closely the rules we have in place.

To view our rules, please visit the RuneScape homepage and click on the 'Rules' link.

I am afraid that our policy on this will not change and we would politely ask you to refrain from contacting Customer Support any further with regards to this issue."

So that says they didnt read my message because the mod told me I shouldve read the evidence and appealed it....and then told me not to send them any more crap making them feel like idiots.

So Im permanently muted....and even reported the hacker saying give back the hacked account....gave them my IP address.....the phone number Ive always payed from...and the hacker said "its not my account"

What the hell do they pay these people at Jagex? Obviously its not enough to make them feel like they should earn it......

And the appeal system sucks.

So do the unnameable mods that sent me those letters.

By the way my rsn is Sedai Kenshi, never reported before the 14th of June '06.
You haven't been in love unless you've contemplated murder.

Riptide Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Riptide Mage

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,027 posts
Good luck with that, as a ray of hope I present:

Can a human read two pages of text in 7 sec's? I think not. Yet that's what happened in a judging of an offense by my account. The automated reply I received said Jagex knew I had full control of my account at the time,I NEVER SAID I DIDN'T! In my appeal I requested that a HUMAN re-read the evidence, as a HUMAN can see that I am obviously innocent.I am 5 yr player 4+ yr member,I know the rules!

Dear ,

Thank you for your message regarding an offence on your account.

We have investigated your account and removed the offence. It appears that you were given an offence in error.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but hope that you can trust RuneScape in future regardless.

Before you return to play, on this account or another, we would strongly recommend that you read the rules of conduct at http://www.runescape.com. This will have information on any rules that you may have broken, and explain why we do not want such actions in the game.

I hope that this helps! ^_^

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Ross

Ledusskapis
[ Display Name History ]

Ledusskapis

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 291 posts
well...i think jagex doesnt read the players ban appeals and heres my proof...

my friend was hacked and the hacker used auto=ban 4 ever...and he sent a ban apeal like this...

Are you guys R*******

I wasnt in control of my acc u noobs

I hope u remove my ban or else YOU S***

And guess what...his ban was apealed...if u want i can post a screenie later

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
Duke_Kaleb, I can understand that many of these do look suspicious, but Jagex do clearly state that they only give people blackmarks based on hard evidence, and not suspicions.

I speak as someone who has 10.0 blackmarks, with one offense - password scamming. I shoudn't obviously display any of the messages sent by Jagex (although, I don't actually think they have any legal right to stop me...), but basically, I was talking to another person at Catherby about the tragic passing away of The Old Nite. He asked me, why couldn't his son take over his account? I answered, because he probably doesn't know his ******** (password). In sheer fear of being reported for offensive language, I tried by pass the censor filter, and eventually made it known Iwas talking about his password.

That was my one tragic mistake. I was reported by 3 people for password scamming. I appealed, saying I had no malicious intent, and was only talking about The Old Nite. I received the typical reply... that they had "evidence" I had broken the rule, and I was in control of my account. However, I know in my mind I broke no rule, so there can be no "evidence" of breaking any rule.

Duke_Kaleb, you have to understand that our frustrations aren't at the fact we've been reported. We're mad because they clearly have not been read to any detail worthy of banning an account, and in many cases, serious miscarriages of justice have been handed out.

You Moderators like to use the excuse "They have no time, because they're inundated with appeals and reports". This is no excuse! Andrew and Paul make millions out of this game every year, and yet they can't invest in a decent CS system?!

It's unfair that we have to constantly watch our backs and panic everytime the censor filter messes up, and it looks like we've said a swear... and to add insult to injury, be placed in such a compromised position because our reports aren't properly analysed!

I'm sorry, Jagex, but my faith in your appeal/report system has been completely shattered. And this isn't a knee-jerk reaction to it, this happened half a year ago and I still feel strongly about it. The only way I'd ever had confidence back is if a human re-read my "evidence" and removed my blackmarks, becasue I'm clearly innocent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Advice, Account Security, RuneScape Classic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users