Tip.It Times Presents: Should auld acquaintance be...

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well said, makes you think about things that we don't really normally think about.

I'd certainly agree with The Editor in saying that pixels don't matter, its the people behind them that do.

Bravo, brilliant read =D>

Good read. It really reflected on 2006. But I felt that this year was a let down. If you read the rants on the official forums you'll see there are at least two rants at all times that are dedicated to higher level updates. Almost all the quests(besides rfd and lunar) were angled towards low to mid levels. I and many people feel the same way.

Hopefully 2007 will be filled with higher level updates

Well the majority of players, ftp for sure, possibly ptp as well, are mid to lower levels. more level 3s join every day than level 90+s get banned or quit. i think jagex knew this when they released first construction (great skill for higher levels with more cash) and then the skill capes (i challenge you to say those are an update for lower levels!).

all in all, a great year. thanks to hunter i managed to get about 350 total levels up and about 12 combats (i hate combat), as well as join a clan, quit it to make my own, have my own clan die after a few months, join a new clan, quit after about a month to make my own clan, and now have a thriving clan of 30+ members. :P a lot happened in '06, and here's wishing to an even better '07, both in runescape and real life.

edit: reading back through the messages, i saw this:

What has become on the Tip.It Times? Once, it was a showcase of journalist integrity. Now, it only states the obvious. Seriously, a topic about friendship?

the tipit times is STILL the only editorial you're going to find on runescape. i think a reflection on a year passed is a good way to spend an article! states the obvious? maybe some people, people who play runescape too seriously, needed to be reminded of this. it's a game about having fun and interacting with cool people. i know people who have maintained friendships through this game because i am one of them! i have a friend who lives about an hour away who i've only met once but we're good friends because we play runescape together a lot. he even recently invited me over to his house! so i think it's important to make people realize that MMORPGs are better than normal games because of the in-game relationships that are made.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

Very nice article, a good addition to the end of the year :P

Well done Editer once again you've stolen my time to read your lovely article.

Where ever you are at the present time, i bet you're staring at the computer screen and grinning widely ::'

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

(i would sing Love and War from drowning pool rite now..but i dont feel like it)anyways good article \' =D> :thumbsup: well i still have a few goals to reach this year bter get going! =; (and by tat i dont mean talk to the hand i use tat as goodbye)

Will get a new Siggy, if I get around to it[/size]

For all those stating this is a callow article, that is somewhat true, but for once, it feels even better to know someone shares the friendship and warm and fuzzy feelings with a friend. With that said, I send my best regards and hope you don't black out and do something you might regret. Happy New Years.

Lucky me I have a version of Auld Lang Syne on my computer so -sniffles- this whole thing brought tears to me eyes! Bravo! -stands and claps- And I too hope for another wonderful year in the lands of Gielinor, and hopefully accompanied by my many good friends I've made!

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

lol stronghold of security was not high level. You could easily beat it at level 20

I think it might be just a little difficult to defeat the monsters on the bottom floor to obtain the last piece of the skull scepter if your a lvl 20... lol of course, if your high enough to kill em, the scepter won't mean much to you...:P

Completed Monkey Madness at Combat lvl 53!!!

Guest arkdemon

really good article

there will be exciting new things coming 2007 like barbarian assault and a make over on varrock i also hope castle wars gets its well needed update

Happy new year!

Nice article, as usual. Its nice to read about someones friends in runescape. Unfortuanately, I dont play the game enough to keep up with any of my in game friends, and none of my real life friends play runescape. Oh well :P

Spam DEF: Any post, paragraph, or sentence that does not add to the value of the thread.

Big_Stingman is the bomb!

The beligerance of this week's times is so beautiful the decadence of words at 1:30 in the morning has made me weepy eyed.

May you all have a Happy New Year.

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1