F2p Mage Proposal *Read it now!* 105 supporters!!!!

Komodoman360

Well then, simply stop complaining, or get better parents, more time or money.

I suppose I must put myself up for adoption then?

I can see one problem with this. Don't get me wrong, I support, but maybe the reason why we are stuck with lvl1 defense robes is that NO non-member would want to raise mage above 59, maybe 60 to make it look better, but besides that, they won't. It's useless unless you plan on becoming a member.

With melee and ranged, you can keep leveling, the benefits will just keep increasing (hitting higher etc.), but with mage, it stops dead at 59.

Keeping that in mind, we can see that new mage robes would be useless without a new spell. Why? Well, pures won't bother raising def to 20, so we're stuck with mains wearing it. (Unless some pure WANT to raise def to 20, but they won't as we can see with range and melee pures.)

Chances are, if you have a main, you won't go pking often with it, especially with only 20 defense, the pures would kill you. So then it would only be non-wilderness (after all, it is obvious that P2P item won't be ours, so there must be a difficult way to obtain these, and no one would want to lose it in the wildy. As we can tell with treasure trail items). It would then be for show only. Making it the equal of treasure trail items, making the price go way UP. 20 defense robes would be like studded t/g. No one ever trades that piece of worthless stuff. Jagex would have wasted their time for nothing.

I have a feeling there are some slight flaws in this idea, I just can't tell what they are. Please, tell me if you spot it. I am not trying to discourage you, but trying to make this idea better.

no so true, you see saradomin/zamorak/guthix/rune gold/rune (t) etc all have the same bonuses as rune armor whic is much cheaper and easier to get

if there was a good benefit in bonuses between god and trimmed armors and rune than many people might wear it, atleast the rich pkers

if jagex puts in a mage f2p robe that has higher bonus than the current one than more people will wear that in wild

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see one problem with this. Don't get me wrong, I support, but maybe the reason why we are stuck with lvl1 defense robes is that NO non-member would want to raise mage above 59, maybe 60 to make it look better, but besides that, they won't. It's useless unless you plan on becoming a member.

With melee and ranged, you can keep leveling, the benefits will just keep increasing (hitting higher etc.), but with mage, it stops dead at 59.

Keeping that in mind, we can see that new mage robes would be useless without a new spell. Why? Well, pures won't bother raising def to 20, so we're stuck with mains wearing it. (Unless some pure WANT to raise def to 20, but they won't as we can see with range and melee pures.)

Chances are, if you have a main, you won't go pking often with it, especially with only 20 defense, the pures would kill you. So then it would only be non-wilderness (after all, it is obvious that P2P item won't be ours, so there must be a difficult way to obtain these, and no one would want to lose it in the wildy. As we can tell with treasure trail items). It would then be for show only. Making it the equal of treasure trail items, making the price go way UP. 20 defense robes would be like studded t/g. No one ever trades that piece of worthless stuff. Jagex would have wasted their time for nothing.

I have a feeling there are some slight flaws in this idea, I just can't tell what they are. Please, tell me if you spot it. I am not trying to discourage you, but trying to make this idea better.

no so true, you see saradomin/zamorak/guthix/rune gold/rune (t) etc all have the same bonuses as rune armor whic is much cheaper and easier to get

if there was a good benefit in bonuses between god and trimmed armors and rune than many people might wear it, atleast the rich pkers

if jagex puts in a mage f2p robe that has higher bonus than the current one than more people will wear that in wild

But the thing is, those rune trimmed armors aren't equal to the new mage robes. Firstly, remember rune is melee armor, and when you are 70 str compared to 59 str, big difference. But 70 mage compared with 59 mage? Same spells, same damage.

But the thing is, those rune trimmed armors aren't equal to the new mage robes. Firstly, remember rune is melee armor, and when you are 70 str compared to 59 str, big difference. But 70 mage compared with 59 mage? Same spells, same damage.

yeah i know, thats what i dont like about f2p mage...but what i said was that the reason you dont see most people with god and trimmed armor is because the offer no better bonuses...the reason komodoman360 made this topic was to get new mage equipment with better bonuses, and this will cause more people to use them rather than it being like trimmed, not usually worn

Ok, down to business.

First order of business:

1. This is about the in balance in the f2p triangle because of mage discrepancies at the higher levels. Lower levels are fine, its the higher levels that have my attention.

2. A quest sounds good, but we need to think of a quest, and then maybe we can kill two birds with one stone, and make it a quest harder than dragon slayer. That way, it'll be fun for everyone!!!

3. The quest: maybe we could recieve it from oziach, after doing dragon slayer, or once we've done all the f2p quests, and have 39 QP, and then the robe's will have around the stats that we posted, or whatever jagex sees fit. They could be like 30k for the full set or something. Posibly no tradeable though.

On a side note though, zaaps, I do go pking with my main, because I can make money fairly easily now with lvl 66 wc, and 61 mining, I just sell coal and yews, plus I can make and enchant my own ammies of strength.

I have 60 cooking, which makes me almost completely self sufficient :thumbsup: , just haven't got very high rc and smithing :-k skills.

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

i think jagex wanted to make dragon slayer the hardest quest in f2p

u got cook assistant and all them for the beginners then it gets harder, then dragon slayer to giv a taste at hoe hard/long members quest are

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

i think jagex wanted to make dragon slayer the hardest quest in f2p

u got cook assistant and all them for the beginners then it gets harder, then dragon slayer to giv a taste at hoe hard/long members quest are

That is exactly what they wanted to do, but they seem to have failed at making it hard enough. It used to be considered much more difficult, but now I have seen level 35s complete it.

As for making a quest to get access to the robes, I'm up for that. That way we could get the one extra quest point for an even 40, and get new robes to boot.

But now we need to create a quest, with a believeable storyline, and thats difficult. Most likely since the main prize/reward at the end would be new mage robes, and so for the most part it would surround mage and runecrafting skills. And the reward at the end would be the ability to buy the new robes, and maybe 3-5k magic and 3-5k runecrafting xp??? It wouldn't be too high, since there would be better robes at the end. And how much would the armor cost, would it be like 20k, 30k, 10k, I need some ideas here, so post em up. :D

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

A little off-topic:

Hey, Komodo, you state the phrase "self-automated" somewhere about 3 of your posts back from this post I'm typing now.

The phrase "self-automated" makes me think of 'Macroing/Autoing'. Personally, I hope you're not doing that, and you just meant to say "self-sufficient", which would have been a more proper term to pick to state your thought.

Just my $0.02 on that.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Instead of writing bump all the time you can just quote yourself like this-

Bumpity bump!!

Please post

15+ to magic? That's almost mystic. No way.
Uh, yeah, 15 is almost 45. That makes sense.

Dude, I got 48% on my test.

That's almost 50%, which is 0.5

And 0.5 rounds up to 1, which is 100%.

DUDE, I got 100% on my test!

Magic is powerful enough anyway.
:lol:

You're funny. Do you do stand-up?

Just like how honey attracts more bears than vinegar.
Well I would hope so. The only attraction that the honey exerts on the vinegar is gravitational pull, whereas the bear would be motivated to exert its own energy to move itself to the honey due to the smell of food, in addition to gravitational pull.

But, why are we trying to attract bears and vinegar?? :| :-k

Geez, what kind of weird analogy is this, anyway? -.-

Just like how honey attracts more bears than vinegar.
Well I would hope so. The only attraction that the honey exerts on the vinegar is gravitational pull, whereas the bear would be motivated to exert its own energy to move itself to the honey due to the smell of food, in addition to gravitational pull.

But, are we trying to attract bears and vinegar?? :| :-k

Geez, what kind of weird analogy is this, anyway? -.-

You're either being seriously sarcastic, or you're 2 cards short of a full deck. :( ... Try adding an implied "would" as the last word on that sentence, like this:

Just like how honey attracts more bears than vinegar would.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

You're either being seriously sarcastic, or you're 2 cards short of a full deck.
Both. In fact, three cards if you count the joker. The answer you're looking for in this case, however, is the former.

I don't doubt that that was your intended message, but the grammar alone doesn't seem to make the implication you suggest.

You're either being seriously sarcastic, or you're 2 cards short of a full deck.
Both. In fact, three cards if you count the joker. The answer you're looking for in this case, however, is the former.

I don't doubt that that was your intended message, but the grammar alone doesn't seem to make the implication you suggest.

Yeah, WTH? This has to do with WHAT exactly? Way to keep on topic. =D>

Anyways, I support this idea. People who think F2P shouldn't get anything because they don't pay just want to feel better about themselves. I mean, yeah we P2Pers pay $5 a month, but a few new mage robes added for F2P doesn't mean the world is ending. Like you said, you can't afford it. If your a kid you don't get money anywhere else than from your parents. Uh, yeah, because kids can so get jobs. -.- Anyways, I support, please add me to the list.

I suppport even though im p2p. f2p mages get the short end of the stick compared to f2p meele and f2p range. Im not saying give them mystic or splitbark just something better than crappy blue and black robes.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

bumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know if anyone els has posted this, havend read all 17 pages of replys :oops: anyway if you know full green dhide with power ammy gives 47-50 mage defence if im right. if you get better mage bonus it would bring the combat traingel inbalenced. then you have the get ranging better amour and etc. etc. and then i say get P2P if you think this is unfair. IMO it is a nice work idea but you would need to know how it effect the game for other combat styles. BTW im F2P and i think it is fine as now and if i go pk mages still do good damage with full dhide and power ammy.

i dont know if anyone els has posted this, havend read all 17 pages of replys :oops: anyway if you know full green dhide with power ammy gives 47-50 mage defence if im right. if you get better mage bonus it would bring the combat traingel inbalenced. then you have the get ranging better amour and etc. etc. and then i say get P2P if you think this is unfair. IMO it is a nice work idea but you would need to know how it effect the game for other combat styles. BTW im F2P and i think it is fine as now and if i go pk mages still do good damage with full dhide and power ammy.

You bring up a good point, but dhide isn't that weak to melee, it's actually not bad against it. The current mage robes have basically no melee defense. Think about that also.