In-Game World Map (120+ Supporters! Pictures! Support Sigs!)

RPGoof

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put this into the main post:

If you get attacked, the map will automatically close. You can't use it during combat. If you go in a dungeon and use the map, your 'Where Am I?' icon will not be visible on the world map. JaGeX doesn't really provide us with dungeon maps... maybe they do... I don't know.

worldmapsig.png

newscape300x50qz7.gif

rssig.png(40 crafting, 40 range)

I like the idea, I don't have a problem with having my map in another tab but it does get RISKY while in Wildy (where I always get lost :ohnoes: )

Also mentioned offhand was the dungeon maps, I think Jagex should allow us to have an atlas showing these areas we have been to.

Good luck with this suggestion, very well put! =D>

Vine is waving at me. What? What was that?! It gave me the tendril! :o

Vhellcat.png

It'll be p2p/f2p because of SO many people fresh off tutorial island. Members is hard to get around too, I'd suppose.

YES it is...but theres thing known as a newcomer map which is easy 2 grab hold of so i think should be P2P ONLY! but then yet again f2p would winge...

What you don't take into account with this idea is the file size of the map, the map has a resolution of 3968px by 3584px and takes 1.62 MB. Every time you would want to view the map it would have to be reloaded into the applet. On dial-up a 1.62 MB download takes approximately 29 seconds. During that 29 seconds the applet would be pre-occupied with fetching the image and the player would not be able to control his character. Which would very quickly result in death and loss of items in many cases.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

This is an awesome idea, I used to get lost when I was a newb all the time. Loading up the World Map took forever. Would be very very useful for newer players and also for new areas added in. =D> =D>

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

This is an awesome idea, I used to get lost when I was a newb all the time. Loading up the World Map took forever. Would be very very useful for newer players and also for new areas added in. =D> =D>

~Ddaanniiellh

In case you missed my explanation, it still will take just as long to load, if not longer because of more requests being sent for the map files.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

What you don't take into account with this idea is the file size of the map, the map has a resolution of 3968px by 3584px and takes 1.62 MB. Every time you would want to view the map it would have to be reloaded into the applet. On dial-up a 1.62 MB download takes approximately 29 seconds. During that 29 seconds the applet would be pre-occupied with fetching the image and the player would not be able to control his character. Which would very quickly result in death and loss of items in many cases.

30 seconds to download a 1.5 MB file? That must be fast dial-up. I prolly can't download that fast with my little 56K modem here...

worldmapsig.png

newscape300x50qz7.gif

rssig.png(40 crafting, 40 range)

Not bad. Although I would personally rarely need to use it, I think it would be a good addition for my sister and some other newer players. Sign me up.

As for the post above me, I think that it should be high detail only, but it should also be for all players. Members alone defeats half the purpose of implementing (sp?) it.