In-Game World Map (120+ Supporters! Pictures! Support Sigs!)

RPGoof

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supporter no. 50!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Its excellent i support it.You should get some people to make some sigs for it.

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

Any chance you could add to your suggestion some "real-time dot tracking" for NPCs and such, so that you could see what was going on out around you? And maybe suggest triggering a few extra map zones to load, based entirely on a long-range click?

Other than those small problems, I will support. I think you can possibly refine this idea into something better. :)

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Great idea! You get my support 100%!!! \'

supporthisox7.gif

GUESS WHAT? The RED SOX and PATRIOTS are awesome, and there is nothing you con do about it.

CURRENT GOALS: Smithing 42/50...Fishing 47/50...Magic 35/33 Completed!! ...Attack 40/40 Completed!!!

I bought bgs 29.1m 3 days ago, sold yesterday at 30m (for those who are mathematically challenged: 800k profit).

Insane epic fail....

Wow, I got like 10 supporters to add to the list. Finally hit 50+ woo!

I'll probably make some sigs later... I got next week off school and I'm really lazy and never remember to check this topic. Yay me.

worldmapsig.png

newscape300x50qz7.gif

rssig.png(40 crafting, 40 range)

Coolness. The more here to support, the better. Thanks! :)

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Guest ShadowClawe

I totally support!!!

Yeah i know it doesnt work with any new computers the world map needs something like java virtualy machine to be installed and none of the new computers have it because it cant be installed anymore..

im sure i dont have time to read the whole thread, maybe someone already answered this question. What happens if u get attacked while on the world map?

I guess it will automatically switch back to the game window.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

im sure i dont have time to read the whole thread, maybe someone already answered this question. What happens if u get attacked while on the world map?

I guess it will automatically switch back to the game window.

That is exactly what it would do. :thumbsup: ... I think I remember this being mentioned already. :-k

~Mr. Devnull

I totally support!!!

Yeah i know it doesnt work with any new computers the world map needs something like java virtualy machine to be installed and none of the new computers have it because it cant be installed anymore..

Off-Topic:

I think you're referring to the Windows Java Virtual Machine (VM). That's totally obsolete since Windows ME and Windows XP.

Instead, you should be using the Sun Microsystems Java Run-time Environment (JRE). Just make sure you uninstall the Windows Java VM before installing the Sun Java JRE or else then can interfere with each other.

On-Topic:

Good feature but is it absolutely necessary? It may be a better idea to add a map-reading or navigating part to Tutorial Island so that new players learn how to use the compass, mini-map and world map. The world map is also available as an JPEG (or whatever it is) from the Runescape Downloads page. This world map would not be interactive but would be a suitable alternative to opening the world map applet.

I don't want to berate people but there's somebody on my friends list that's been playing for almost a year on the free worlds. In that time, he/she has not bothered to learn how to navigate through the free-world and still gets lost going from Lumbridge to Falador. Ok, maybe the getting lost between Lumbridge and Falador is a little exaggerated but it's ridiculous that he/she can't find anything. That takes "noob" to a new level.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)