Reasoning behind Low-Level Skillers

Lunar_Drifter

My reason that I made a second account is way different from your guys.. I made a second one because I don't really like the name of my main at the moment (Striker Ray). My second one (Rayhayden) makes me wanna skill more, and work harder (don't ask lol) just because of the name. But I haven't decided if I want to spend 5M on it yet....Since I read all your guys posts, it kinda changed my mind

EDIT: Oh and also because Rayhayden's main outfit is better [lmao] (all black pretty much) and Striker Ray's is green+red its weird haha.

Continuation: Skillers are more fun to work on. I have a red mask on my Striker Ray file, and I would like another one on my Rayhayden, but getting it the hard way :D

\:D/ Ray::P2P::::Roaming Around::::Phat me pl0x?::::Beamster:: \:D/

reduccionoy9.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't go back to revisit a game like a new player -- fact. The fact is, you can make all the characters you want and none of them will be able to "rekindle the flame of intrest" that you had in the game as a newbie. You say its so you can dream of having full steel again, when in reality you know tons of ways already how to make money.

I've always figured that a pure skiller was simply someone who felt like doing something 'different' than others. At first it was seemingly an acomplishment, now its just something some people do.

yea u can

give away ur main, dont play for a month, dont think about it, and then start a new account

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

The point of Runescape is to have fun. I have fun on my skiller. Problem solved.

If that's still not enough, why do I have fun?

1. I like the skiller community

2. I like when people go OMG u got ownage stats

3. I like how you can camp out at some place on your combat account (Fire Giants) and still be able to do something else.

So that's why for me.

Being a skiller does not require you to be a level three. And if I read your third reason correctly, that is multi-logging. (Which is against the rules.)

Wow, you completely misunderstood every single thing I just said.

As did you to my reply. You said you liked the skiller community, and I was saying that the community does not require you to be a level 3, meaning there is no reason to make a level three skiller just for a community. The discussion at hand is the reasoning behind creating a level three skiller.

And if I "misunderstood" (your reason #3), then please explain it in a way I can "understand".

BEFORE YOU ALL FLAME ME I KNOW HE COULD OF USED GENIE LAMPS BUT THEY ONLY GET A MAX OF 700 EXP POINTS SO ITS MOSTLY FROM RECOILS

WRONG. Then give your level X 10. A level 70 skill gives 700 max, sure, but it in the end depends on level. Plus quests with larger lamp rewards, or tomes.

In order to be in the skilling clan I am in, which is the community I am talking about, yes, you do have to be a low level. (Under 30)

And yeah, most of slaying comes from Genie lamps, not recoiling. Recoiling is like 300 xp an hour. It's horrible.

cwscore2.jpg

Now being a low leveled skiller is a fad IMO. Everywhere I go I see another one, and its quite sickening tbh, really makes me want to get combat (yes i'm a low lvled skiller).

I don't do it because I don't like combat at all, and I'm not going to get a little bit (lvl 40-50) because if I do combat, I will want to go all the way with it (126 99 slayer etc).

For me its because I like the skillers. I hate quests, I hate having to spend money on food/armour when I could be spending it on skills. Pest control has ruined combat also..

Most of these low leveled skillers are -

1. to join the fad

2. to get attention

Kind of calling myself a hypocrite there by saying that because I hate the attention I get, and I started before every noob and his mom had a low leveled skiller.

Meh.. Its really different people different reasons.

In a few years do you think we will see as many low leveled skillers as we do combat pures today? <.<

Ironically, after Teh Unseen made a skiller and a topic to Achievements board, I saw a mass amount of skiller topics after that. Might be just me, but I think it was that way. Skillers are challenge, as you miss a lot of opportunities to get levels fast and getting around is harder. Being a skiller is somehow a waste, you can't do a lot of mini-games, quests and can't even go to some areas which give some good training spots or close banks to some good resource. If I see a skiller topic in Achievements, I think that he/she is going to be a great skiller, but some time later they just gave up and got bored of it. I think it's a time waste, as working on 1 character keeps you more focused and you don't have to plan time, when to play on that account or when to play on this account. Some of the players, skillers, like Zzzamorak, Elishot and Eternal Dad haven't gave up and I think they could be one of the best total level players ever, considering they can't do combat and they can't do some of the skills that fast as others.

I myself prefer players who are level 80+ with high skill total, they can do all quests and also they can fight with high leveled monsters and they have the opportunity to get around easily and also they can use abyss and more spots which low level skillers can't.

damage112bs4.gif

I thoguht part of the idea was to stop getiing pkilled in the wildy?

thats what the original use of them was, its molded into something different (Just being low leveled and do all skills).

Its like with pures(combat) - pures used to be where you had higher hitpoints then your combat level, now its 1 defence.

I thoguht part of the idea was to stop getiing pkilled in the wildy?

thats what the original use of them was, its molded into something different (Just being low leveled and do all skills).

Its like with pures(combat) - pures used to be where you had higher hitpoints then your combat level, now its 1 defence.

no, pures used to be no magic and no prayer.

no point of them really.

would make much more sense to just lvl up their mains stats...

oh boy, you have a lvl 3 skiller with a few 99s....that's cool, but you can't kill anything. You can never have all 99s.

just doesnt make sense to me

There's a point. Maybe read the thread. :roll:

And some people have their skillers as their mains. Like me.

Who said skillers are level 3? The best/earliest ones ARE, but not all are. My definition of a skiller is "a player with a high total level for their combat level". You can kill things then. I've killed plenty of things. My magic is 50, allowing me to cast water blast, which can hit for 14. That's enough to kill a hill giant in 3 hits [if I'm lucky]. And I don't know one skiller with 99 in all non-combat skills. Once one DOES get that, they might break the skiller, and train combat. Who knos?

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

no point of them really.

would make much more sense to just lvl up their mains stats...

oh boy, you have a lvl 3 skiller with a few 99s....that's cool, but you can't kill anything. You can never have all 99s.

just doesnt make sense to me

There's a point. Maybe read the thread. :roll:

And some people have their skillers as their mains. Like me.

Who said skillers are level 3? The best/earliest ones ARE, but not all are. My definition of a skiller is "a player with a high total level for their combat level". You can kill things then. I've killed plenty of things. My magic is 50, allowing me to cast water blast, which can hit for 14. That's enough to kill a hill giant in 3 hits [if I'm lucky]. And I don't know one skiller with 99 in all non-combat skills. Once one DOES get that, they might break the skiller, and train combat. Who knos?

I read your thread kid, so shush.

You say "low lvl skillers"

the vast majority of these "low lvl skillers" are below lvl 10.

The ones above it are the ones who lvl with aggressive magic, or lvl prayer.

They are completely useless because they can't experience more than half of the game.

Cant do alot of quests, cant kill all the high lvl monsters, cant visit certain areas.

You can hardly even make it over white wolf mountain.

Yo justagame, no shushing others just because they do not agree with you ok? People don't like to shushed, i know i don't. So quit that, it's debating not starting flame wars.

People have fun the way they want, they're not useless. Maybe they just want to experience the skills how about that? Seeing as you can go as high as 126 for combat level under level 30 is still considered low level. If they don't train combat maybe they don't want to kill high lvl monsters? or any monsters? Err you can make it over the white wolf mountain, food exists you know.

really not much to say about the topic at hand you guys said it all. I agree with having fun, if making a skiller is what makes runescape fun for you then go for it.

I havent trained my combat intensely for over a year.

I get a combat lvl here and there for various quests, events, or by accident.

I also have moe accounts, with various skills and goals than you cna imagine, so don't go telling me what I have, and what I dont.

I havent trained my combat intensely for over a year.

I get a combat lvl here and there for various quests, events, or by accident.

I also have moe accounts, with various skills and goals than you cna imagine, so don't go telling me what I have, and what I dont.

Okay, then. There's a difference between liking something and doing it. :roll:

The more of your posts I read, and the more comments you make, the more I get a feeling you're not as experienced as you are. But then, you can't judge a person from posts on a forum about RuneScape. :-w

Anyways, I do the same, I nearly only get combat levels for quests. I'm not sure what you mean by events, I'm guessing parties...And by accident, I managed to get a HP level and a defense level dueling my friend. (The reason I though you liked combat a lot was because you act like my friend, thinking combat is the key to RuneScape. Who knows what the key is...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Part of the reason is getting the satisfaction of seeing some "thinks-he's-tough" level 40 running after you and saying "OMG noob wered u get that!" "omg!!!" "noob" You get to say "look up my stats" and then a little bit later... "PMG!!!!11"

But reliving memories of being so vulnerable with low hp is a good reason too. :-)

my lvl 78 got hacked so i decided to be a skiller/looter and not lvl up any combat stats and stay at lvl 3. i really dont think anyone would wanna hack a lvl 3, but to be on safe side, i will not talk/trade with anyone unless they are tip.it members. thats how much i trust u all.

so, in simple terms, im less likely to be hacked if i am a lvl 3 skiller.

Hi.

It is to prove that not all lower levels are [and I hate to use this] 'noobs'. The point is you work hard for your skills and achieve more than those who are just experimenting with their first account.

Tetris is about using the equal force of the working power to build up the glorious people's republic of Russia....

well, there are many things to being a skiller, the glory of a 99 cape at 3cb?

also, the teleport problem really isnt that bad, in f2p, everything is like 2 steps away, and in members, can you say glory or tele tabs?

but skillers, they make massive amounts of money and they dont need weapons or runes to blow all that cash on...

so, maybe some skillers plan to skill at first, then once they have hit a high money mark, begin combat.

zezima.png

thanks for the cropping Mr Joob =]

I think as a level 3 is limited to what it can do in certain skills. Hitpoint and quest requirement related. Skillers are fun and there aren't enough of them around. And another valid point is that a skiller can be made into any form of combat-based character you want, + the skills. Eg: (Rune pure, staker, etc.) Besides it's more of a "personal acheivement" to a person that they have turned a lvl 3 account freash off Tut, into this money making giant. Plus it's was more of a "wow" factor as a lvl 3 wlaking around with a skill cape

Now this is what i have mixed feelings on but there are many reasons to justify why some people would do it.Some people simply like to play one of two ways.

The first way which is what most people do when playing, is to begin with combat and gain enough money and resources to complete quests and raise your skill levels. This is effective in that the higher your combat level the easier it is to do things in dangerous places.

The second way is build your skills up til they are near maxed and then focus on combat or quests. This way in itself is effective because when your a lower level you usually don't get pestered with "How do i complete this quest?" and other questions as such. However you do get accused of being an autoer.

But people seem to miss the underlying reasons behind low levelled pure skillers. It is stupid to just have a pure miner, or pure woodcutter etc. The smart thing is to be a pure skiller and have levels across the board. I myself am not too fond of combat and i would do skills any day over combat, this is one of the biggest reasons there are so many skillers. It depends on peoples personal interests in reality and what they find interesting about the game.

People do however need to learn that not every low level with a skill above 50+ is an autoer.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Skillers have thier advantages (sorta... :uhh: )

But why would someone make up another account instead of working there stats on the skiller? :?:

Why? To sell it on ebay? To make lots of cash? Or just because you want? there is a millon reasons to become a skiller :thumbsup:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 4 free pure acounts. i no this doesnt involve this debate, but one of the reasons people dump their mains is, it runs out of membership.

Full bank full of valuable members items. u cant put anything back, and you plan to regain membership in a couple of weeks.

Its always gd to have a spare file or 2. i recently lost membership, so i started training my pures. Its something to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as most players put some emphasis on the combat level, it's only natural some people will want to accomplish something at the lowest combat level possible.

And I'm sure it's been mentioned, but it is a bit of a challenge (at least starting out). Getting places is a lot more difficult without teleports. Granted you can buy tele tabs and jewelry (for members), but this also makes you more dependent on other players.

Basically, it's just something different to do, as Shazarabbit said, most people either level up all skills equal or concentrate on combat skills. This is just a different way of playing.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]