~ .:: Wyvern mystery finally solved ! - no elem shield ::. ~

headshot007111

Killing them is a pain as a lvl 99 ::' .

EDIT: A lvl 70 just died in 2 hits there. I would return his rune med and wealth but he died too fast for me to get the name. When a cave says "very dangerous" when you enter don't enter when you're lvl 70.

I've seen a couple of 1 itemers there. They didn't last long. One was begging for a free pair of Granite Legs. :lol: At least bring a elemental shield people! =;

mcguff1.png

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing them is a pain as a lvl 99 ::' .

EDIT: A lvl 70 just died in 2 hits there. I would return his rune med and wealth but he died too fast for me to get the name. When a cave says "very dangerous" when you enter don't enter when you're lvl 70.

I've seen a couple of 1 itemers there. They didn't last long. One was begging for a free pair of Granite Legs. :lol: At least bring a elemental shield people! =;

I went 1-itemed there just to get the Music.

Cool you found out but i wrote a guide for this site a few months back saying that all you need to do is melee with melee protection on. I wrote that you use Full veracs or whip(not sure if defender was out yet at th time). Just bring 2 sets of super att and str and 15 pray pots and your good.

siggd7.jpg

You don't need a shield. Mage prayer is enough
Saying that is like saying you don't need an anti-dragonbreath shield to fight dragons

You kinda don't if you're using protect from magic prayer :mrgreen:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe protection from melee blocks the attack you need the elemental shield for.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Ok, i tested it and, u dont need elemental shield if you have protect from melee on, so id say its safe to wear guthans/veracs if you dont lag until they stop attacking you. But i recommend guthans (what i will be using) because you dont need food and you can just full ur invy with p pots, and stay there for ages. Youve just gotta watch your prayer.

As for mind shield, it works, their ice breath doesnt hit over the normal 15 or so. I also managed to box a wyvern wearing nothing at all lol. (used protect from melee)

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

Ok, i tested it and, u dont need elemental shield if you have protect from melee on, so id say its safe to wear guthans/veracs if you dont lag until they stop attacking you. But i recommend guthans (what i will be using) because you dont need food and you can just full ur invy with p pots, and stay there for ages. Youve just gotta watch your prayer.

As for mind shield, it works, their ice breath doesnt hit over the normal 15 or so. I also managed to box a wyvern wearing nothing at all lol. (used protect from melee)

uh, i dont suggest your wear guthans their.. well maybe to heal SLIGHTLY. and veracs is slow, i find if i super pot with whip, and all the attack&str bonus items im good.

50 wyverns later...

granitetq6.png

You look....Bricked :lol:

Maybe the slayer masters are making sure that if we lag out we have less chance of dieing if we are wearing an elemental shield....

~MAK

Guessing people are going to be wearing granite plate + rockshell legs when they are fighting. Granite legs for the looks.

Ace investigations guys.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

I was just about to say that :P

Or maybe..Granite Shield, Berserker helm, climb boots and a whip as weapon (can't think of a good matching weapon.) That is the look I want with those granite legs/body. :D

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

K, the whip + rune defender setup is by far the best.

As for looks + stats my setup is i wear granite pl8, rockshell legs, fire cape, barrows gloves, inf boots, sara book, whip and beserker. Or white phat if i had one lol.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

i would recommend the use of veracs on these guys. And as for the person with 3 drops in 200 kills... I envy you. I'm at about 150 and none, ever. Then again that was a few months ago...

"How you act when no one is looking is the clearest indicator of the strength or depravity of your true character. "

yeah, he's deffinetly a little excited...dont worry its not a glitch...d legs are meant to stretch in that area for that reason.

According to the Beastiary, you don't need the elemental shield if you are praying melee. Are you sure that it is needed? If not, the rune defender would be a lot better choice.

if your prayer runs out or if you lag, you'd be in lots of trouble.

its the same thing as bringing only antifire pots to any type of dragon.

i hunted kbd whit range and antifire pots once :ohnoes: then i got a 56 on me and my ring of life saved me :D (ring of life owns if ur hunting dragons)

vonder1

85 mage 80 range cb 92 (3 whip pkais)

dutch rune2h

84-84-45 (16 whip pkais)

oh great now im gunna have to get my slayer up another 2 levels :roll:

so granite legs are REALLY going for close to d legs?

man i saw somebody selling for 180k this morning, i shoulda bought them <.<

(sweet a statement, a question, and a reply to the answer to the question in 1 post! :thumbsup: )

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

yea those granite legs are seriouly skyrocketing in prices and they arn't even that good. though your liitle secret you figured out could help lower the price a lot. though i think we should save the prayer pots for barrows and not on wyverns.

omegaman70.png