~ .:: Wyvern mystery finally solved ! - no elem shield ::. ~

headshot007111

Well ive seen lots of wyvern guides saying to wear a mix of mage and melee defense, others say to wear melee armor and use protect mage, or wear mage def armor and use protect melee.

I have just recently tried whip + proselyte method again, and its alot better than veracs.

Well the truth is, skeletal wyverns use a mix of mage and melee attacks. The have the kick and ice breath which can be totally blocked with protect from melee, and they have a mage attack which looks like water blast. Without elemental shield or protect from melee, their ice breath can hit above 50 ive heard (ive personally seen 47). The best way to fight them is to wear prayer boosting gear and use protect from melee. Any bonuses to attack are very useful because these have a very high defense lvl.

The only damage you will take is from the occasional mage attack which rarely hits, I usually use 1 shark per 10 - 15 kills (90 def).

So the best set up is:

- Helm of neitiznot>Beserker helm>proselyte helm> any other helm

- Proselyte plate body>initiate body>Fighter torso>any other body armour

- Proselyte legs>initiate legs>any other legs

- Rune/climbing boots>white knight boots>any other boots

- Barrows gloves>other RFD gloves>Family crest gauntlets>any other gloves

- Fire cape>any trimmed skill cape>any god cloak>any other cape

- Fury ammy>glory ammy>holy/unholy symbol (blessed)>any other ammy

- Rune defender (with protect melee always on)>elemental/mind shield

- Abyssal whip>Dragon scimmy>any other weapon *Note:weapon accuracy is more important than strength bonus*

I usually bring house tele runes, dds, 1 super attack and strength pot,and fill the rest up with sharks and p pots (2 p pots for every 3 sharks).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you use protect from melee, you DO NOT need to use an elemental shield, i tested it and yup, protect melee works w/o elemental shield. But if you have a slow internet connection you could LAGG OUT and DIE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also tested mind shield, it works just the same as elemental shield, blocks out their massive hits. I couldnt test elemental helm or mind helm cause i didnt have either, but theyre useless anyway lol.

There, that should bring in more granite legs :)

Well heres my invy

invyru4.png

That invy is good, but heres a better equipment selection:

wyveqpzc0.png

Heres some more pics, but the 2nd one got stuffed a bit lol.

1it1.png

2wo9.png

Latest what to wear:

wyverns2xc1.png

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...They drop the legs? :o

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

You don't need a shield. Mage prayer is enough
Saying that is like saying you don't need an anti-dragonbreath shield to fight dragons or insulated gloves for killerwatts or earmuffs for banshees or noseplugs for ebberant specters... May I go on?
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

They are proving tough to get. I've killed 30 so far. One prayer pot lasts me about 6 wyverns. Drag dagger special is useful to have, also bring a holy wrench. :) I want me a pair of those legs now.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

ok, ill clear it up:

skeletal wyverns use 3 attacks.

1: mage based melee. this is prayed vs

2: mage based melee which can hit high on no prayer or elemental shield. this is prayed vs.

3: melee based mage. this is weak-ish.

best thing to do is take veracs set (flail or whip and defender), and pray vs melee ALWAYS otherwise you can get hit high. if you are scared you can take whip and elemental shield though. take afew ppots and sharks.

According to the Beastiary, you don't need the elemental shield if you are praying melee. Are you sure that it is needed? If not, the rune defender would be a lot better choice.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

According to the Beastiary, you don't need the elemental shield if you are praying melee. Are you sure that it is needed? If not, the rune defender would be a lot better choice.

if your prayer runs out or if you lag, you'd be in lots of trouble.

its the same thing as bringing only antifire pots to any type of dragon.