~ .:: Wyvern mystery finally solved ! - no elem shield ::. ~

headshot007111

Its worth the p pots lol, i didnt even pay for mine and i made 2m from them.

By the way, i did the clue from wyverns and i got "19 purple sweets, 13 red fire lighters, mage short, rune pick and rune t pl8". Not bad for a lvl 3 clue lol.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing them is a pain as a lvl 99 ::' .

EDIT: A lvl 70 just died in 2 hits there. I would return his rune med and wealth but he died too fast for me to get the name. When a cave says "very dangerous" when you enter don't enter when you're lvl 70.

it didnt sad you neded a elemental shield...

and it even sad verry dangerous to security dungion from lvl 1 to lvl 2... :lol:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

If you use protect from melee, you DO NOT need to use an elemental shield, i tested it and yup, protect melee works w/o elemental shield.

I would add a word of caution here. WARNING: If your prayer runs out you could die and loose all but 3 items.

I stopped after killing about 130. No granite legs, but 2 clue scrolls.

mcguff1.png

You don't need a shield. Mage prayer is enough
Saying that is like saying you don't need an anti-dragonbreath shield to fight dragons or insulated gloves for killerwatts or earmuffs for banshees or noseplugs for ebberant specters... May I go on?

At the Spartan event a few months ago, I ranged the KBD with Crystal Bow, mage praying without anti-breath potions. I was using about 1 shark per KBD we killed, so mage pray can substitute antifire shield. But you're right on the other ones :P

Although... What's so special about the wyverns now? I guess I missed some update.. <.<

Uula.png

Although... What's so special about the wyverns now? I guess I missed some update.. <.<

Nothing directly related to the Wyverns was updated but because of the new mini-game and the reward of a Granite Plate, the demand for Granite legs has increased dramatically.

icecube7.jpeg

Are wyverns even worth killing? I mean you've got like a dozen p pots there and those pots sure are expensive. :-k

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• 1 month later...

maybe work it out a lil with also ways of killing them and make it a guide in player made guides? also with the wearing stuf at the body and legs part you can after initiate also take monk robes wich is better then just any other armour for your purpose

Are wyverns even worth killing? I mean you've got like a dozen p pots there and those pots sure are expensive. :-k

there is a temple pretty close and your own house to if your in rimmington so it can be easy

not bad, but i thought elemental shield was essential...

Here is my take on this.... I believe this is a bug.

Jagex expected this to be a typical slayer situation, where an item MUST be worn to slay the beast.

Possible Scenario: They find out that you can melee prayer without the shield, and they fix it. And it happens to be a hidden update. And you never know when that will happen.

You never know when the melee prayer won't work anymore, and without protection, you'll be dead very quick with these guys.

SO BE CAREFUL! Muhahahaha!

Take the shield down there, and assume the melee pray doesn't work. If it does, fine. If it doesn't, be prepared.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

You don't need a shield. Mage prayer is enough
Saying that is like saying you don't need an anti-dragonbreath shield to fight dragons

You kinda don't if you're using protect from magic prayer :mrgreen:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe protection from melee blocks the attack you need the elemental shield for.

I meant when fighting dragons.

Surprising that this thread got revived after so long :thumbsup:

Hmm they look like d legs except they r gray pretty lame if you ask me.

But grats on the drop there was a thread on here about someone that killed over 500 with no drop

I dont have a sig anymore =[

But I did manage to get every skill in the highscores

Anybody got a pic wearing granite helm, body, legs and shield? And then sheck the stats compared to rune. That I would like to see. Again, I'm not powerful enough to try this out myself. Grrr, damn, need to train....

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Thank you for posting this article. I recently obtained level 72 slayer but all I get from Chaeldar is Fire Giants, Daggonoths, and Trolls. I have Elves at the moment (yawn). My best drop for slayer is still 2 Black Masks in 10 min. Maybe I will hit lvl 100 combat soon (99 now) so I can move on to Shilo guy.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

I posted this a long time ago, and nobody believed me, and the thread died.

Btw, the reason you don't get hit by the "magic" attack too often when wearing that setup is because it is ranged based. Like how the bloodveld has a magic based melee attack, they have a ranged based magic attack. So, the range defense of the initiate armor helps out a lot.

The best armor to wear when doing this is full verac. :)

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON