Battle Assault Tactics -Post yours here!-

Defender2516

What are your Tactics with your team in BA?

Do you have a communicator to call out the information?

Do you have 2 Healers instead of 2 attackers?

What does your Collector attack?

Do you let someone else use the cannon?

Does your Attacker kill the melee or range first?

Post your Tactics here! btw, here is mine.

Team: 1 Att, 1 Col, 1 Heal, 2 Def

*The Game Starts*

Attacker Tactics: Constantly update the Collector. The timer for things to update/change is 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, fill in the collector with new information, this is more vital than killing monsters.

As a Attacker, your secondary objective is choosing between killing Rangers or Melee. I suggest Rangers.

Why?

Because Rangers can halt your team from firing the cannon if a ranger is attacking on that team member. Melee cannot stop them from doing this and you can easily avoid melee fighters.

Another tactic to prevent Failed attacks is stop attacking after 28 seconds, wait for the change, then continue to attack.

Recap:

1. Update the Collector every 30 seconds. This is first priority.

2. Kill All Rangers and then Kill all Melee.

3. After 28 Seconds, Stop attacking, wait for the updated information and continue.

Collector Tactics: The most vital role is to update your Attacker every 30 seconds. Without informing him quickly, he will be useless. Not only that, the longer it takes for you to blow the horn and give him updated information, the more chances he will have of "failed" attacks, making your team lose precious honor points in their roles.

As a Collector, your job or mission is to fill up the cannon so players or you may fire on any creature in the field.

You have 2 opportunities here, which you may freely choose to decide based on the case of your situation in each game.

You may first, fill up your inventory with eggs to easily reload the cannon at fast space speeds. Or you may choose to use whats already loaded in the cannon to kill Runners.

Runners must be the first target killed out of all monsters. Defenders have the hardest of all roles and Runners that escape will make you lose points. All other monsters however, can be killed within the arena at any time. Runners should be a priority on your monster kill list.

To Recap:

1. Update your attackers information every 30 seconds.

2. When firing the cannon, Kill Runners First.

3. Fill your inventory up on eggs to constantly reload.

Healer Tactics: The healers job is to heal others, update the Defender, and kill penance healers.

The first thing a healer MUST do is update the Defender. If you fail to update your Defenders information, he is completely useless and alot of runners will scatter away, making the team lose points. Every 30 seconds, make sure you call out the new food he needs to drop, or he is completely useless. Defenders are heavily relied on healers.

Your second objective is to heal players. Always target the low level players first, as they tend to die quicker and faster. You can freely heal the high levels 90+ and up at any other time as they will not die as fast.

Your third objective, if the cannon is loaded, is to kill runners to help out the Defenders.

Your forth objective, after all monsters are dead, is to kill the penance healers.

Recap:

1. Update your Defender every 30 seconds.

2. Heal your Teammates.

3. Kill Runners with Cannon.

4. Kill Healer Penances.

Defender Tactics: The Defender has the hardest of all roles because if he does not do it effectively, the team loses out on points. Its the only job that cannot be "controlled" by players.

For example: If a Defender sits there.. all the runners escapes and the team loses out on points. This is the only role in which cannot be directly controlled.

As a Defender, you have many choices upfront to start. You can dash into the front lines and grab some logs to barricade the holes or grab some food to start luring.

From my experience, barricading the holes does stop the penance from rushing it, but your dealing with the inevitable, the barricades are time based and will eventually colasped followed by a instant spawn penance.

Instead, Priorty one should be to get bait and start luring. There is no neccessity to update your healer as this is done last.

After killing 2 runners, quickly grab some logs and a hammer and repair the trap, and lure some more. Refill food as needed.

Once all the runners are killed, start updating your healer. After that, set up barricades.

I only suggest a defender barricading early if there is 2 in the team.

To Recap:

1. Get bait and start luring.

2. Get a Hammer and 2 logs after traps are broken and fix them.

3. After all runners are dead, update your healer.

4. Start Barricading or be a Communicator through the Horn of Glory.

Well, those are my tactics.. post yours if I haven't already stoled them >.< lol.

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

My tactics:

Two healers (at least for waves 8,9, and 10.)

upon completion of their duties, one of the healers goes and mans the Glory Horn, so everybody knows what they are doing for sure.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

I believe it's called Barbarian Assault and not battle assault :-k

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

I believe it's called Barbarian Assault and not battle assault :-k

Oops my bad #-o

I'll leave it like that tho cuz the name is so much cooler :thumbsup:

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Defender tactics: Hopefully get the food right away, then drop 2 of the food on 3 spots leading towards the trap. Then run, get hammer and 2 logs. Hopefully two runners both get killed, then you fix trap, and get going. Other than that...just hope the runners like your food. :P

cwscore2.jpg

If two people stand in front of the lure cave, the Penance Runners can't get through.

A collector should never stop collecting eggs because the more they collect, the more points everybody gets. They shouldn't even use the egg cannon, just load it.

If two people stand in front of the lure cave, the Penance Runners can't get through.

A collector should never stop collecting eggs because the more they collect, the more points everybody gets. They shouldn't even use the egg cannon, just load it.

Seriously? I'm gonna try blocking them next time!! dam runners..

I think thats messed up on Jagex part to not give you points for firing the cannon...

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

I totally agree with Fresh here. The more eggs collected, the more points generated.

At my combat level (67), I have found it much easier to go directly to a canon and just call out attack styles to the attackers until they have 2-3 kills. There is no point in running after them for 2 eggs in the initial 45 seconds and losing needless hit points.

Once the killing begins in earnest, you can actually keep track of the last eggs color and your current color, and stay ahead of the game in collection. I have had to use this tactic many times because of slacking attackers, and still manage to come off with the highest points every round.

I hope there is a special hell for the attackers who constantly left click the horn producting Collector: red eggs!

I also have low str and high mage (relatively), so I have found that I can stay in the battles much longer if I bring elemental staffs. I do not understand why they only give 15 bloods and 15 fires. Enough bloods for 15 casts, but only enough elementals for 3? Since you can't bring in your own runes, then why not make it 75 elementals to 15 bloods? Keeping the ratio would make soo much more sence, it is no leap in logic to see that 15 bloods and 15 fires is un balanced.

Another tactic could be to purposely not wear armor in the early waves so the healers can heal you more. The more the healers heal, the more points everybody gets. This doesn't really work in higher levels because you die. :-$

Also, the only safe spot from attacks is near the horn of glory. Use it wisely :D

Another tactic could be to purposely not wear armor in the early waves so the healers can heal you more. The more the healers heal, the more points everybody gets. This doesn't really work in higher levels because you die. :-$

Also, the only safe spot from attacks is near the horn of glory. Use it wisely :D

Its not a time based game, so if you can get points for healing.. why not kill all the runners first.. and then let all the other monsters stay alive pounding you for a good 10-30 minutes and have the healers heal you.. maximize your points and then complete?

So many flaws, lol. :-k #-o

~Defender~

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

I'm a lvl 5 Defender...

I got there by basicly having neither of the usually 2 healers have me updated...

What i do is i get an invent of the food, and drop iot randomly on the right half of the field (luring all runners to the eastern trap). Then I run north to get hammer and a few logs, and then I make 3 piles near the trap, one for each food.

Every 2 Runners you kill, the trap needs fixing, so do so, and make sure that the (right half) field remains littered with all types of food.

Then when I get the message that all Runners have been killed, I go to the Horn of Glory, and t00t everyone their instructions as they come in, since I'm usually done first anyways.

Having 2 healers is a must. Have the highest level healer heal everyone, and the lowest lvl healer (barbarian level wise) poison the healers as priority (so not as sole jobs).

Oh, and occasionally shout whats needed to poison.

PS: as defender its getting a lot easier after you get level 3, since the runners will be smelling your food from miles away.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Excactly. The cannon shouldn't be used until 1 type of players is useless except for calling. Most of the time the attackers should be firing the cannon when the rangers and fighters are dead.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

My Strategy

Team:

Rounds 1 to 7: - 2 attackers (1 with guthans and d scim)

- 1 healer, defender and collector

Rounds 8 to 10: - 2 healers (the attacker without guthans switches)

- 1 attacker (the one with guthans), defender, collector

Of course everyone has to call out commands as often as possible.

Strategy:

Attacker: Both attackers just kill fighters and ranger, but rangers are first priority because they gang up on 1 target from afar, fighters just tend to switch targets and walk around often. The attacker with guthans doesnt need healing unless he/she is almost dead. If the attacker has a d scim they dont have to rely on the collector for attack styles, just try out each one. After all fighters and rangers are dead just help out buy using the egg launchers on enemies (runners first).

Healer:

During the early rounds focuses on killing penance healers more than healing team-mates, but later on has to heal team mates very often. This role rarely has spare time, but if everyone is healed and penance healers are dead just use the launchers to kill enemies (runners first).

Defender:

Probably the hardest role of all, simple have 1 of each bait on the traps and as the runners approach it remove all except the current correct one. Try to lure the runners if they're not near traps. Also use the egg launcher to kill runners (first priority) and other things later on.

Collector:

Must have a quick-calling attacker so he/she can get the right eggs quickly. Dont bother shooting with the egg lancher until the very end (to finish of last minute enemies) because egg gathering is most important, other team-mates will use the launcher.

Queen strategy:

The attacker in guthans just kill as fast as you can, collector stock up on normal eggs and shoot some at the enemies (priority in this order: runner, healer, ranger then fighters). One healer should stay and heal at the pool, and anyone wishing to be healed should go to the pool. The other healer just runs around looking for team-mates with low hp (this healer should have higher def, hp and agility for running, surviving longer and taking less hits). Killing penance healers should only be done when there is no one to be healed and when its safe. The defender should just try to kill any runners as normal, and after theyre all dead go back to the pool to help make eggs and get healed quickly. Pretty much everyone should be near the pool when not doing anything.

When yellow eggs start appearing, the collector should go out and gather them, with 1 healer following because the collector tends to die fast. Only gather around 5 or 6 eggs and pass them on and upgrade the eggs. Finally the collector should load them and everyone should try to shoot the queen, because she attacks quickly and interrupts[sp] egg launcher use. The more ppl trying to shoot, the faster she dies. The attacker should have no trouble healing off the queen spawn.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

Dont use guthan, let the healers heal you > more points for the team. And indeed it doesnt matter what the healers shout, just drop plenty of food everywhere, killing them with the trap has a lesser priority than preventing them from getting to the exit.

I'd say 2 collectors in the levels 1-9 for more eggs, and 2 healers @ queen because the points you get are fixed anyway.

I'm a defender mainly (level 3, healer level 2).

I completely forgot that you could barricade the gaps, until I read this. What does that tell you? That it's unnessecery.

About not telling the healers what to do, I disagree. I'm always trying to yell out commands because without them healers don't kill dudes in the spare time that they have before players start getting hurt. I grab my stuff, command, then start leading the runners into the traps. I can only do this if I have commands, hence why I think commanding is important right from the start. Once I have all my runners dead, I use the horn to command others.

If anyone wants a game, just add me and PM. I'm on wave 10atm for the second time.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.

I'm sure your tactic of leaving the Penance Healers to the end makes sure everything works fine, but when one gets to the higher levels, those things don't die fast- it's not efficient timewise to just disregard them.

As a Level 5 Healer with over 1000 extra points in the position, here are my personal rules:

Rules:

I don't go with anyone under 80 combat, unless they really know what they're doing. Under 70 combat is right out.

I don't like to go with an attacker under 90 combat, as then I basically spend the whole game babysitting them and tending to their wounds.

Advice:

As a Healer, unless you have a team of level 120's and a Defender who doesn't update you, you're going to be running like hell throughout the entire game. For this reason, it is especially useful to note that the spring restores not only hp, but run energy as well. Use the spring to make sure you can always be running.

Don't worry about messing up. Jagex was very generous towards Healer mistakes, compared to Defenders and Attackers. It takes a full 4 mistakes to lose even 1 point. So don't get too ticked if the food changes while you're in mid run towards that monster.

Every 20 hp of other players healed equals one point. So, if your teammates can find a way to get hurt without getting killed, healing them can be very useful pointwise.

With a high level team your focus should be on the food to call out and taking out the monsters. On a low level team focus more on the lower level players' healths, especially the attackers'.

Find a Defender teammate who likes to beat you to using their horn and pointing out the next food. This type of competition leads to much better efficiency, and it's fun to win :lol: .

As is stated by the author, leaving the Healers alive isn't a huge problem. You want to get rid of them to make sure your team doesn't have to wait an hour, but killing the Healers shouldn't be top priority.

Feel free to mount the cannon at any time in the game to kill Runners. Your Defender, and your score, will probably be grateful to have less of a problem to deal with. Remember: Runners have 5 hp, whereas other monsters about 30+ hp. It's much smarter to kill the Runners, especially with them having such a strong effect on your team's score.

Don't forget that it's not a set rule to watch the lowest level more. Attackers get hurt more, and some people wear weak armor, if any. Make sure to include these factors when monitoring players.

-

I'll see if I think of anymore later.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Strategy:

Attacker: Both attackers just kill fighters and ranger, but rangers are first priority because they gang up on 1 target from afar, fighters just tend to switch targets and walk around often. The attacker with guthans doesnt need healing unless he/she is almost dead. If the attacker has a d scim they dont have to rely on the collector for attack styles, just try out each one. After all fighters and rangers are dead just help out buy using the egg launchers on enemies (runners first).

HORRIBLE. That would cause you to lose over 10 points (20 if you're the attacker) which can add up if you play alot

Rules:

I don't go with anyone under 80 combat, unless they really know what they're doing. Under 70 combat is right out.

I don't like to go with an attacker under 90 combat, as then I basically spend the whole game babysitting them and tending to their wounds.

Advice:

I don't quite agree with this advice. I have outscored EVERY single player over level 90 I have played with, and even at level 67, I tend to need less healing than the rest of the team.

This is not like PC where a lower level will hinder the team. At the KBD or KQ, a lower level might die increasing the bounty for everyone (unless you return the dropped stuff).

Skill at your position is the only thing necessary here. Would you rather play with a level 120 who got to the queen with 30 points? Or with a level 67 who got over 200?

For high levels or atleast high combat level (attacker)

1 attacker (100+)

1 defender

1 collecter

2 healers (one heals his team and one poison/attack the healers)

Blackboard: (for fun only)

funas5.gif

Demario.png

My vengeance is everything..

..everything must come to an end

Waves: 1-7

Players: 2 attacker, 1 defender, 1 healer, 1 collector.

Healer heals the players, and kills Penance Healers if noone needs healing, making sure to update horn with speed.

Collector obeys attacker and shouts instructions regularly.

Attackers kill monsters as quickly as possible, staying near pool for quick healing, remembering to use horn.

Defender runs around at the traps and barricades, returning to pool if necessary and updates healer ASAP.

Waves: 8-10

Players: 1 attacker, 1 defender, 2 healers, 1 collector.

Same as above.

When we get to queen, one healer dips all eggs into poison, the other heals constantly at the pool.

The key to the game is alot of horn-work.

~Jimmie