The quest cape shattered my hopes.

123Yourgone

I disagree. Totally go for high stats, combat fighting, mind boggoling quests. Mix of mazes, fremmy puzzles, you know challenging! If the lower levels cant do it, well, tell them to get the stats to do it! Don't whine for an easy, 1 step quest to keep your cape! We need challenges in this game.

I play World Of Warcraft.

(http://www.worldofwarcraft.com)

Draka [Alliance] Squeeky Mage

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Totally go for high stats, combat fighting, mind boggoling quests. Mix of mazes, fremmy puzzles, you know challenging! If the lower levels cant do it, well, tell them to get the stats to do it! Don't whine for an easy, 1 step quest to keep your cape! We need challenges in this game.
Then who on earth are you disagreeing with?

just a quick copy and paste from the runescape news section regarding this months updates:

Also this month we will bring you two new quests at completely opposite ends of the map. In Contact you'll be quickly wrapped up in a tale of forgotten curses, long disputes and a rather nasty dungeon housing savage traps, horrific beasties and death. Care should certainly be taken before attempting to help the people of Sophanem... if you want to survive this high level combat quest.

umm... i declare this rant... invalid...? :uhh: :-k

its always been my opinion that quests should be cascaded so that you could use them almost solely to level up. most games start you off with some very simple item trading quests that get you your first levels and then become progressively harder. as you level up from the rewards of these quests, you slowly have to trian more and more to meet the requirements of the next quest. in this way you can use quests to basically grab all the levels in all the skills you want, but if you dont want to do quests as much, you can simply train. runescape seems to loosely follow this view, but it skips quite a bit in some areas.

new quest was realeased today, it only mentions that a high combat level is useful, plus there are no skills needed for it, also last time they mentioned a quest that said a good combat level is needed in the discription was a souls bane...

Proud Member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

MonsterSig1.jpg

Well, after completing Contact, the so-called tougher quest, I'm afraid that your fear is completely justified. Players who completed Recipe for Disaster, Desert Treasure or Swan Song can easily do this quest. It might take them two tries, but they'll get there. Fast.

Jagex has expressly pointed out that they consider this to be a high-level quest. Sooo, we cannot but conclude that 80 combat or so is the high level standard. I seriously doubt that they have something tougher for us in the queue, and the more Capes get handed out each day, the less likely it gets that they will develop a quest harder than any of the previous ones.

I can't really condemn them for it. But it is a pity...

yeah but once you have the requirements for it would you be able to do it in a day? (if you really put yourself into it)

I mean get a quest where you have to fight 500 level 200 monsters without prayer and make it so you don't have to fight monsters if you don't have to. eg. Alternative ways to finish quests.

Not really much to say about it anymore everyone agrees at the same point.

:-k Legends quest has an ending in this way. You can take the 'easy' way, at which you have to weaken the demons, or you can fight them the normal way, thougher but faster. (read this.. 2 days ago)

Yes, I do feel that a more random approach improves questing. Although, requirements shouldn't be over 70 to my opinion. Fairy II has a nice high herblore requirement.. MEII has some good agility requirements. RFD some combat and especially 70 cooking requirement. These are pretty high standard. Don't think there is nothing high out there. Also, how many people have 65 smithing? :notalk:

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

yeah but once you have the requirements for it would you be able to do it in a day? (if you really put yourself into it)

I mean get a quest where you have to fight 500 level 200 monsters without prayer and make it so you don't have to fight monsters if you don't have to. eg. Alternative ways to finish quests.

Not really much to say about it anymore everyone agrees at the same point.

:-k Legends quest has an ending in this way. You can take the 'easy' way, at which you have to weaken the demons, or you can fight them the normal way, thougher but faster. (read this.. 2 days ago)

Yes, I do feel that a more random approach improves questing. Although, requirements shouldn't be over 70 to my opinion. Fairy II has a nice high herblore requirement.. MEII has some good agility requirements. RFD some combat and especially 70 cooking requirement. These are pretty high standard. Don't think there is nothing high out there. Also, how many people have 65 smithing? :notalk:

All of your named requirements are mid level, if you think those are high lvl skills then you are a low lvl and dont really have a place in this conversation.

just another point to add to the above comment. I find it pretty annoying when quest requirements do not even have to be reached due to the wide range of potions/pies that temporarily boost levels. It's fine having those for general training, but quest requirements should be just that and not be diminished by extras.

On the subject of high level quests, I too was a little disappointed about the most recent quest. Although I did make a real meal out of killing the level 191, at the end of the day, sufficient prayer pots/sharks etc will get you through the fight with no skill whatsoever. Also, you didnt actually need to run past any of those high level monsters - you could get through the maze all on one level.

Now if there was a fight caves equivalent added to a quest, that would be awesome. It would show the people that really deserve the quest cape.

My one regret with the quests is using a guide on ME2. I think that was the hardest quest in the game as the puzzle was really difficult to figure out on your own with all those shadows attacking you constantly. I lost patience and used a guide,but were it not for those shadows, I would definitely have tried more to solve the puzzle myself.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

I think, not the quests are the problem, but the guides, like provided but tip.it. I mean, mep2 is freaking hard (imo) without a guide, even "The Editor" agrees.

I don't think the quests should be harder, there should be more randomness in it with at least 30 possiblities for a large part of the quest. That way, the quest cape will becoma an achievment again.

Fansites like tip.it made it too easy, one week after the release of eagles peak I mean a guy with a quest cape, who found it a "kinda hard quests". Yep, that were his words excactly. I mean all those people like that would never be able to do mep2, rfd, etc. without a guide.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I think, not the quests are the problem, but the guides, like provided but tip.it. I mean, mep2 is freaking hard (imo) without a guide, even "The Editor" agrees.

I don't think the quests should be harder, there should be more randomness in it with at least 30 possiblities for a large part of the quest. That way, the quest cape will becoma an achievment again.

Fansites like tip.it made it too easy, one week after the release of eagles peak I mean a guy with a quest cape, who found it a "kinda hard quests". Yep, that were his words excactly. I mean all those people like that would never be able to do mep2, rfd, etc. without a guide.

Puzzles are all well and good but the requirements are still pathetic, i want a quest i have to train for not a bunch of low to mid lvl requirements.

i personally wish i never get the quest cape... i love quests too much to have to find out that i did all of them and now i have to wait for a new quest to come out... thats how i felt when i beat dragon slayer... i felt sad because yes i defeated the dragon and beat the last f2p quest but now what is there? i have nothing left to do until i get members... and for me getting 99 in something is a horrible thing because now you can never have that thrill of being able to do something you could never do before... like mining runite for the first time or chopping down your first yew... or for me... fishing your first swordfish... these things make you feel special and accomplished... and when all that ends and youve pretty much annhialated the game.. what else is there? oooh you have a cape! that also gives the feeling of achievment.... but after that... your not gonna get that feeling again

RFD really isn't a hard quest. The hard part for me is doing desert treasure so I can do the final fight =S. The requirement of 70 cooking seems big but you could train it really fast if you wanted to. Buy raw lobs, cook on range, repeat... Also...

Could you use a chef's delight to raise your cooking from 66-70? I haven't tested this yet but im wondering if its a possibility.

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

I completely agree. I love my quest cape, but would like to work for it. I actually grew a couple combat levels in anticipation of Contact!'s "high level combat." I breezed through it! I hope Cold War has a high requirement.

-~-*Thus sayeth the almighty Psychogoat*-~-

psychogoat88.png

They should release a 110ish combat level quest where prayer is disabled for the final boss which has three forms and each one must be killed using each of the three combat types using weapons crafted by you and you only at lvl 80 fletching 75 smithing and special runes at 65 rune crafting, or something along those lines. In my opinion anyway.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I think they should have two capes for quest, a mid lvl and high lvl. You would get the mid lvl cape with the quest that are currently out, so it woujld be just as rare. The high level would come along with the much more difficult quests, making it even more rare.

Although there are valid points why jagex would lean towards the middle class of runescape, I think that's just an assumption. Jagex doesn't favorize a particular lvl class in runescape. Proof with the skillcapes: they were obviously designed for the higher lvls, and there were a lot of idiots who claimed the right to a lvl 70 cape, but Jagex didn't remove skillcapes or add lvl 70 ones because of that.

Also, there have been times when even mass rants havn't changed jagex's mind. Look at barrows, the day they were released, rants forum set ablaze. Everyone was ranting about how barrows made dragon armor worthless etc... But we still have barrows. I think people are looking at what jagex has done with the 2 new rules and used that as evidence for "jagex listens to the masses" theory. They annonced that even they themselves were really not sure about the idea, so it shouldn't be a surprise that they are more easily influenced by player feedback.

Finally, if a quest is released and lower lvls complain about it being too hard, I can't think of a single valid argument for why they should have the right to get the quest point cape. Besides, as the quest point cape gets harder and harder to get, lower lvls will not be as many to have it

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Another problem are "the high level requirements". What are high level requirments? Somebody at level 30 will say 50+. One of the maxed out maybe around 90+. So with every requirment (even if there isn't any) there will be people complaining and saying it's too hard/easy.

Who will decide what is low or high?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

And that's the thing, "high level" is all relative. There are three levels of quest type (easy, medium and hard). Take the example of the "high level" quest that was released this month. Combat levels go from 3-126. That would equal out to about 41 combat levels per quest level. (easy: lvls 3-41, medium: 42-82, hard: 83-126). But a level 115 will obviously be able to take any real challenge a level 85 has, with no effort at all.

Then add in all the items/pots/prayers/etc. to boost stats in the game, and you sway the results even more (a level 75 could do the things designed for a level 83).

Another idea (to go along with Bull912000), is the introduction of another higher level of quests. In them, the minimum requirement for any skills (including indivdual combat and not just combat level as a total) would be 75. And that potions and such couldn't be used to "bump" you up just for the quest.

Completion of these "new level quests" would trim the quest cape. That way the current ones could have their cape showing they've done easy-hard quests. And the High levels would show they've done all 4 levels of quests.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

You can't boost stats for every quest. I hate mining, so when I got around to doing Lunar Diplomacy, I still had 59 mining and a 60 req. I had planned on using a stout, so when I got to the docks and talked to that wannabe pirate to start the quest I found out that he sees right through boosted stats. Not true for all quests, but some of the more recent ones won't let you start without natural stats.

I'd disagree.

Many people have differing definitions of mid-leveled,and some don't even have a mid-level definition.It's all about definitions.To me,I am only a 68 mid.To my friend,I am already a high level(and last time I spoke to him,he was 95).To some,100 is high,to others,it is low.

I happen to enjoy quests,doing the more high-leveled ones till I reach battles,like the recent Fremminik Isles.I also happen to flame spammers in game because they rant in game.No one likes that,once again,definitions to you,I'm spamming.To me,I'm being constructive.

DEFINITIONS!!!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

To define a high lvl is easy...

The maximum lvl in rs is 126, the average lvl is about 75, so a high lvl would be about 110 or more.

Same with skill total, 1600+ is a high lvl.

There is 80,000 players over 100 combat, and 25,000 players over 110 combat, these players get no updates aimed at them.

Despite the enjoyment i get out of these quests i have noticed they all have little to no challenge and mid lvl skill requirements at best.

After all this time i have always hoped for an amazing new quest to come out with requirements like:

75 thieving

85 cooking

80 fletching

71 smithing

65 herblore

75 agility

Must be able to defeat a lvl 220 monster without prayer.

Something like that, Something to work and strive for.

good feedback).

I've more or less given up on seeing that dream quest come out, but it's still a pretty good challenge to do the reasonably hard ones, (ME2!) with no guides, no forums, etc. etc. Of course, I only have 92 combat, so that's a neat little challenge right there =)

• 2 weeks later...

Hummm, I ahve never considered it like that.

However I belive you are wrong! I have seen mod craddock and Paul both stat numorus times that they are currently working on alot of high level content, according to mod Caraddock, a high level is a skill 75+ which I can accept.

Whilst I think your point is valid, I belive (and hope) you are wrong.

sig2webzx7.jpg

what exactly is the definition of a hi leveled skill?

well at lev 65 with 659,672 ex in thieving im ranked 27,693 out of 1,000,000

compared to my 81 mage at 2,253,388xp ranked at 78,327 out of 1,000,000

my mage is a couple mill higher aprox. compared to thieve but out of 1 mill players i am one of the more skilled thieves.

then theres the high combat requirements...well if you own veracs any boss should be a breeze.. i killed the contact monster with 3 tuna. not a very challanging quest in my opinion.

only req that would really single out players is a high def requirement \' \'

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

i feel that level 70 cooking for saving monkey was way over the top sure i agree stuff like 20 def and 10 con is pathetic but more 40-60 skills are whats needed in my opinion anything 65+ is to much

But there can be a few exceptions, especially for the hardest quest in the game. Besides, cooking is an easy skill, it doesn't take long to get it to 70 as opposed to something like 70 runecrafting, 70 slayer which is quite an accomplishment on it's own

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )