Jagex' new rares? - 3A vs discontinued - PRICE UPDATE 7/2

Ts_Stormrage

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the prices are finally falling, but they're still crazy high...

Yeah thats too bad though...

I was hoping for a slower rise over a much longer period of time...

Then again, if they only actually start to come down after 2-ish months...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

they should have made lvl 4 clues, because now some lucky lvl 80 can get a 3rd age item and be insanely rich with no work done.

:roll:

Yeah, so now I guess they should also remove Dust Devils, Barrows, and I guess clue scrolls all together. Seeing as how getting the items are all based on luck.

The optimal.

Latest prices are in, and only a few surprises there.

Platebody went down a lot, where the Platelegs went up (set completion?).

And the 3rd age Kite has risen again.

At 100m-150m its not quite equal to the Purple Phat just yet.

The robe set is coming down somewhat, probably to blame that it is not much better then infinity.

I can hardly believe that the 3rd age Amulet has not risen in price AT ALL, even when it was updated to have a magic boost that would make any F2P-er turn green.

Does this suggest that stats have no meaning at all when these marketprices are determined by trading for them?

Please discuss...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Perhaps Jagex made these a bit too rare for the bonuses they offer? After all, these aren't discontinued items, so people may not be willing to spend tons of GP on them just because they're super uncommon.

I'm not sure what you mean. The better the bonuses, the more they would be worth, which would mean people would do more clues, which would mean they would be more common, not less. Or... do you mean by rare, low chance to drop per clue? But most of the rare items for clues are purely decorative, so again I don't follow your logic.

As to your second point, if people aren't willing to spend tons of GP on them...then the price will drop. Where's the problem there?

I think he meant that they arent coming into the economy by large enough numbers...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

they should have made lvl 4 clues, because now some lucky lvl 80 can get a 3rd age item and be insanely rich with no work done.

actually those people dont get extremly rich. But the merchants who buy them of them do get extremely rich. Profits are round 30m per day if u deal in 3rd age items i think.

They should have made lvl 4 clues for this though- i totally agree. Something only Dkings, Kqueen and Kbd drop or something to that effect.

I think he meant that they arent coming into the economy by large enough numbers...

enough for what?? "too rare" "large enough", you are just translating his post into other words, but it still doesn't mean anything. Jagex's stated point was to make a really rare but not discontinued item right? So, I can't understand what you could possibly mean by "too rare"

Third Age items are a bit too rare. Clue scrolls aren't very common drops (especially level 3) and it's still a 1/10,000 chance of receiving any 3A item. So multiply 10,000 by the total number of 3A pieces. Four in each set, right? If so, it's 1/120,000 chance of receiving a specific 3rd age item that you want.

Personally, I'm starting to forget about the existence of such items. Since it's so expensive, not many would want to spend that much for looks; they would rather buy Torag armor and have around the same bonuses as 3A fighter, and there's a Helm of Neitiznot, so it replaces the current berserker helmet.

Berserkers are obsolete now, yet barrows is not yet. It won't be until the prices lower considerably in the Third Age items so that people could afford them. Left halves aren't like 100M, and it's a 1:10,000 chance of receiving it off a skeleton. It can't be much easier to obtain from Fire Giants or whatever, it's still rare. Yet it is only like what? 1 million?

So Torag and other Barrow sets will become obsolete as soon as the prices start to plumet in Third Age. Then, we'll see a change in RuneScape where we receive realistic-looking armor. You have to admit the Helm of Neitiznot and Third Age melee set look more like real life armor. Not some blue or red armor.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Perhaps Jagex made these a bit too rare for the bonuses they offer? After all, these aren't discontinued items, so people may not be willing to spend tons of GP on them just because they're super uncommon.

well short of dragon kite and pl8 coming out, these are the best armor there is that u dont need to repair, same goes for the mage and range sets

Serephus, are you aware that your first two paragraphs are the polar opposite of your second two? You start with 3rd age is so rare that you'll never have one, and end with a grim picture where 3rd age becomes so common it obsoletes barrows... are you just trying to cover all your bases or what?

p.s. isn't your comparison of left halves and 3rd age totally nuts? Aren't like 10000x more monsters that could drop left half killed each day than lvl 3 clues completed?

Well as far as I'm concerned, these items are a novelty.

They can't be rare enough as far as I'm concerned, as long as there is still a chance to get one from a drop.

It's rarity should have warranted rivalling prices to phats (and the 3rd Age Kiteshield nearly does), so that in the end, some people got what they wanted:

A chance, however small, to get an insanely rare item.

This in turn would make Barrows still more popular, and still letting drops of water fall on the hot plate that is the overheating economy...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

I got 3rd age legs :mrgreen:

I should post a picture of it.

I also used to own a white p hat in the times when they were 38m, too bad I sold it for 42m, before the huge raisings.

2480+ total

sanstitre90ge1.png

Personally, I think the prices are very high because theyre hard to get to stumble on, not many people selling or buying. It's also a caste-representative, a little like phats were. Now phats are dinosaurs, you see them much more rarely than when they were around 40m, I'm guessing they are in the hands of a few very rich selected people.

2480+ total