Guide To Making desktop Shortcuts to runescape worlds

Bradley_006

umm im having some problems and im pretty sure i did everything right...heres a screenshot of the script and what i get as an result worldlink.jpg

Get firefox, your internet explorer settings may be configured wrong.

picture6sd6.jpg

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm im having some problems and im pretty sure i did everything right...heres a screenshot of the script and what i get as an result worldlink.jpg

nope i get the same result...are there any internet settings you changed that might be different from the default settings

nope i get the same result...are there any internet settings you changed that might be different from the default settings

I see what you did wrong.

World 2 is http://ul8.runescape.com/l0,p0,j0

you have some 1's in there...

picture6sd6.jpg

This is NOT a desktop shortcut! This is an html page that contains the world in a frame. Therefore it is illegal. It is also easily detectable by jagex (using server-side programing such as cgi or php).

umm if tis saved to ur desktop then is a *desktop* shortcut, and a message sent to jagex has proven its legal

In windows you can create "shortcuts" which are just links to a html page, this is something very different. If you want proof ask jagex if you can embed a runescape world in an html page using an frame to get to it quickly.

I see what you did wrong.

World 2 is http://ul8.runescape.com/l0,p0,j0

you have some 1's in there...

ok i think i fixed it, except it works on all worlds that are not full. but worlds 1,2,3 etc i still get the same message

I wouldn't go to it.... if this was legal why would jagex have a rule about it?

It's not a 3rd Party Client, it's using software that comes standard on all windows operated computers. It is legal. Even if it was not legal, it is undetectable.

picture6sd6.jpg

OK: I just made shortcuts for every world and a really easy way to add them to Firefox.

They're all high-detail, though... :wink:

[hide=Directions]Step 1: Download the pre-made world shortcuts for every world Here.

Step 2: Unzip that folder into your C:\ drive so it looks like this:

[hide=Image]rsworlds1vr2.png[/hide]

Step 3: Download my Firefox bookmarks file from Here.

Step 4: Import that bookmarks file by selecting Bookmarks-->[Organize bookmarks[/b], and then File-->Import, click "From File", click "Next", and then opening the bookmarks file you just downloaded. It should look like this:

[hide=Image]rsworlds2fd5.png[/hide]

This will also add shortcuts to most of the login forms. (If you don't need ones like the P-mod centre, just delete them. :roll: )[/hide]

Well, that should do it! You now have bookmarked shortcuts to every RuneScape world!

What do you think?

Edit as of 6/2/07: Worlds 6 and 70 are switched. #-o If you want to get into world 70, use the world 6 link, and vice versa.You could rename and move them as well...I'll try to re-upload the world link files soon.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

OK: I just made shortcuts for every world and a really easy way to add them to Firefox.

They're all high-detail, though... :wink:

[hide=Directions]Step 1: Download the pre-made world shortcuts for every world Here.

Step 2: Unzip that folder into your C:\ drive so it looks like this:

[hide=Image]rsworlds1vr2.png[/hide]

Step 3: Download my Firefox bookmarks file from Here.

Step 4: Import that bookmarks file by selecting Bookmarks-->[Organize bookmarks[/b], and then File-->Import, click "From File", click "Next", and then opening the bookmarks file you just downloaded. It should look like this:

[hide=Image]rsworlds2fd5.png[/hide]

This will also add shortcuts to most of the login forms. (If you don't need ones like the P-mod centre, just delete them. :roll: )[/hide]

Well, that should do it! You now have bookmarked shortcuts to every RuneScape world!

What do you think?

I did it, works great, reallly easy to do, took me 2 min. Thanks!

sig-4.jpg