Guide To Making desktop Shortcuts to runescape worlds

Bradley_006

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyoone gottten banned by this?

As far as I know, there is no way that that anyone at Jagex could tell if you directly went to the Game page... and, on dial up internet, you'd better believe that time is more important to me than a silly rule.

- Np Tyler

they might have changed rule 7(the recent change not the one a couple weeks ago) because of this guide, look

or bypasses the normal navigation of our website,

sounds like what those shortcuts do to me :|

i use a new account now "knex2"

New World 18 - http://nav2.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

New World 12 - http://jolt9.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

New World 9 - http://above4.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

New World 6 - http://po6.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

All in High Detail, whenever I can get World 2, I'll edit this post.

Edit: Finally I got the code for World 2, thank God.

http://po6.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

t3hshabster.png

As far as I know, there is no way that that anyone at Jagex could tell if you directly went to the Game page... and, on dial up internet, you'd better believe that time is more important to me than a silly rule.

Actually it would be very easy for them to tell if you are doing this using any server-side language like php or cgi and logging your ip.

New World 18 - http://nav2.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

New World 12 - http://jolt9.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

New World 9 - http://above4.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

New World 6 - http://po6.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

All in High Detail, whenever I can get World 2, I'll edit this post.

Edit: Finally I got the code for World 2, thank God.

http://po6.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

the codes for both world 2 and 6 in your case are the same.

The real code, which i found after awhile of work is

World2

http://ul8.runescape.com/l0,p0,j1

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

It would be very easy to track where you came from. Referrer anyone? Anyways, I think the reason why they changed the system was to make any world switchers that directly linked not work. The ones that took the link from the actual web page would continue to work. I think they are trying to send us a message : Don't use world switchers.

Heavyc1.png

heavyc1.png

Thanks Draynor.net!

Jagex are making the stupidest decisions ever right now...killing third party clients, dynamic sigs (which are apparently too expensive, even though the Gowers are among the richest men in England :roll:), and shortcuts to heavily populated worlds...but hey look! An autoer! -.-

[/rant]

All the supposed "new links" keep bringing me to the RS homepage :(

...How's rollin' downhill feel Jagex?

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Its about time, as I stated before this has been illegal for a couple of months and the recent updates only emphasise it. If this was legal then all 3rd party clients could use direct links to worlds.....

Getting another sig

[removed]

422980503_9c04aac3b7_o.jpg

for any one that questions it's legality i am searching right now finnaly i got a mod on the sceen and he is going to tell me if it is legal keep ya updated :XD:

~Gantail

~yea yea my account is loot women

EDIT: i used "my friend" to describe this thread.

Reffing.png

Just a piece of advice:

DO NOT USE THIS. :shame: :shame:

Jagex themselves said that there will be no soft warning this time, you get caught in this and you get 5 Black Marks (straight up).

[hide=Rule 7,Click to Expand]

Rule 7 - Using Third Party Software

Effective date: 7th March 2007

You must not use other software to gain an unfair advantage in the game. This includes automation tools, macros, bots, or auto-typers. You may not circumvent any of our mechanisms designed to automatically log out inactive users.

You also must not use any RuneScape-specific third party software which encourages breaking of our rules, or bypasses the normal navigation of our website, or automatically requests pages from our website, or which endangers user accounts.

Related Questions

Below are some related questions which may help you to further understand and follow this rule.

Why do we have this rule?

First, we don't want players to download third party RuneScape software from untrusted sources that can, and often do, contain keyloggers, trojans and viruses. Many players have had their accounts stolen because they have inadvertently installed hacking software on their machines. Even if the author has good intentions, an unintended flaw in their software could still put your account at risk. Even some supposedly reputable software has had problems in the past. There are also cases of people deliberately writing software which looks like a cool RuneScape add-on but actually just steals your password.

Secondly, macroing ruins the game for everyone else. We don't want some players having an unfair advantage and filling up all the best training spots with bots. This game is designed to be enjoyed by humans, not bots. In the past, when we have not enforced this rule, we have rapidly found it quickly spoils the game, and players themselves start demanding that we enforce it. So now we enforce it thoroughly.

What type of third party software is NOT allowed?

This includes, but is not limited to the following third party software:

* Software that attempts to communicate directly with the RuneScape game worlds.

* Software that monitors, modifies or decrypts the communications between the RuneScape applet and the RuneScape worlds.

* Software that generates input to the RuneScape applet. This includes software that automatically moves the mouse pointer or generates mouse clicks or key presses.

* Modified or replacement versions of the RuneScape applet. Reverse engineering the RuneScape applet is strictly prohibited. Using a modified version of the RuneScape applet is not permitted for any reason.

Third party software that displays pages/content from our website(s), and which has RuneScape specific features (i.e. RuneScape toolkits) must not be used to access our website unless that software conforms with all of the other rules, and the following additional rules:

* It must not encourage rule-breaking or endanger users.

* It must not contain adverts or links to websites which encourage rule-breaking or endanger users.

* It must not automatically make repeated page/content requests from our website or otherwise make excessively bandwidth intensive requests from our servers (each page/content request should only be in direct response to a user request each time).

* It must not bypass the normal navigation of our website for users wishing to reach the game worlds. The software should initially only point at the front page of http://www.runescape.com, and should require the user to navigate through the website normally to reach the game worlds. The software must not contain or acquire direct links to our "Select a world" page, or to our game world pages, or to the RuneScape applet.

* It must not hide or encourage the hiding of any of the adverts on our website. To avoid encouraging users to hide the advert above the game the pane displaying pages from our website must default to at least 630 pixels high (if viewed on a screen with a resolution higher than 800x600), and it must not be possible to resize it to less height than that. i.e. the page must be displayed in such a way that both the game and advert are fully visible at the same time.

* It must not attempt to make it easier to enter a busy RuneScape world than it would be for users not using the software. It must not allow worlds marked as 'FULL' on the world select page to be selected. It must not contain any features to make it easier to enter or monitor busy worlds.

* If the software has its own integrated chat feature, separate from the RuneScape chat, it should make it very clear to users that this chat is not part of RuneScape and is not official, endorsed or moderated by Jagex in any way. Furthermore, this chat should still be moderated (just not by us), and the moderators should not allow chat which infringes our rules of conduct. To avoid confusion with the official RuneScape chat, moderators of the external chat should not be indicated with a silver or gold crown. If the chat is IRC based, then the software should only allow access to IRC channels which conform with the above.

In any case, the use of such software is not recommended. We do not recommend the use of ANY 3rd party RuneScape-related software as it is potentially extremely dangerous. Please be aware that there is software out there which claims to be a cool RuneScape add-on, but actually installs a keylogger on your computer and steals your password! You should also be aware that there is dangerous software around that won't necessarily be spotted by your anti-virus software. Scanning downloads is, of course, a very good idea, but it still doesn't 100% eliminate the risk.

What do you mean by "software"?

Software means any type of software, including: downloadable software (e.g an [Caution: ExecutableFile] file), or web-based software (e.g a website set up to perform a similar function with flash, java, javascript or serverside scripts).

How does the new macro detection system work?

Our new macro detection system monitors activity on our servers and detects suspicious behaviour. This evidence is reviewed by our team of experts who either confirm or reject the system's analysis. Jagex will not reveal the exact mechanics of how this system works because this would make circumvention easier.

Will I be able to appeal against a ban for macroing?

Our policy has always been that we do not tolerate any form of cheating. We do not ban accounts lightly. Significant evidence is always collected before any action is taken against a player. We will not reveal the evidence that we have collected, since most cheats only want to know the evidence so that they can avoid getting caught the next time.

What is AFK Training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on RuneScape, you must be at the computer. Away from keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

To keep RuneScape enjoyable for everyone please observe and follow this rule. We will not tolerate disruptive players, and if you break our rules your account is likely to be banned. Members who are banned for breaking our rules are not entitled to any sort of refund.[/hide]

You must not use other software to gain an unfair advantage in the game

You also must not use any RuneScape-specific third party software which encourages breaking of our rules, or bypasses the normal navigation of our website, or automatically requests pages from our website, or which endangers user accounts.

* Software that attempts to communicate directly with the RuneScape game worlds.

So if you read through the rules (which i doubt most of you have) you will see that this breaks Rule 7, not 1, not 2 but 3 times.

How do i know this, you ask?

My friend got banned yesterday for the breaking of rule 7. and the only thing he has on his computer that get close to breaking the rules is a world 1 Shortcut like this. Which by-passes the normal navigation of the website.

So i leave it up to you.

Use this and possibly get banned (depending on your current Black Marks). or use the world reorganiser button (^)[the one that orders in numerical order or members/non-members] because this refreshes the world pages.

So you choose, wait an extra 10seconds or maybe, just maybe get banned.

Don't say I didn't warn you if you get banned.

My two cents.

~! Necro !~

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Dude you want a response here ya go

You must not use other software to gain an unfair advantage in the game

I don't see were you are get with this i see it the same as book marking,

and favoriting

Once again this is not software so i see, it slides on by

It does go to rs worlds but so does favoriting and bookmarking and they are legal so y not this?

I'm in favor of this and hope this is legal and as i said in an earlier post i am checking it's legality.

~Gantail

P.S dude i can read you know my intelligence is not of a two year olds

Reffing.png

Could they find out your I.P address and then not allow you to go on runescape oh the computer with that I.P address

.::>Atza<::.

nicetilereflectionkx3.jpg

.::My sig shopSatans Assasins::.