Interfaces and Spooky Update 16 january 07

Kiriyama

This week brings a short break from the principal updates of the month, giving you all time to prepare for the forthcoming zombies and penguins! We've sent our highly talented team of artistic demons through some of the most commonly used interfaces and menus in the game and given them a much needed graphical makeover. Check out the new look of the Magic spellbook - now working without a scrollbar - and the Skill Advance guides. There's even a feature on the Friends List to show you which world you're on!

As you may be aware, we've been working very hard towards releasing RuneScape in other languages, and we need to free up more space on our interfaces for future developments. With this in mind, we've shrunk the text in the Quest Journal list by a point.

In addition to the in-game graphical update, we also bring you five new wallpapers. The undead beings of RuneScape have been getting rather jealous of the graphical updates other creatures have been receiving, so now it's their turn. Check out the concept art wallpapers to whet your appetite for this forthcoming update. We promise bones, bandages and braaaains galore!

Along with the creature concept image comes a bizarre holiday snap showing what Tim and Crunchy, the warrior and skeleton from the Detail Select page, did on their holidays, plus a candid insight into the world of the Wise Old Man - whatever could that be lurking beneath his desk? Head over to the Downloads page to see what all the fuss is about.

Wrong time for an update, I was pwning a Green Dragon Autoer.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh. Shiny ::'

Magic page, without a scroll bar.

magicinterfacesn2.jpg

Top of friends list, saying what World you're in.

friendslistlx0.jpg

Shiny Quest page, new scroll bar, smaller writing.

questpointsbarrc9.jpg

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

The spell hover-over even has a nice transparency effect. The interface is gradually getting a bit more contemporary, and it's all good.

"Join me next week on 'Let's Make No Freaking Sense', when I shall be waxing an owl."

- Green Wing

Barrows Drops: 1x Verac's Flail, 2x Karil's Crossbow, 1x Torag's Hammers, 1x Karil's Leatherskirt, 1x Karil's Coif

As you may be aware, we've been working very hard towards releasing RuneScape in other languages, and we need to free up more space on our interfaces for future developments.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

It's good but I wish they would update all of the interface, rather than just bits of it, it looks a bit messy with old and new things. :|

They still don't have barrows armour added in the defence guide (when you click on your skills). :-s

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

The new in-game skill guides are quite cool as well. Very scroll-y parchment-y type stuff. Quite nice.

But you can't examine the items anymore.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

The new in-game skill guides are quite cool as well. Very scroll-y parchment-y type stuff. Quite nice.

But you can't examine the items anymore.

Yeah I like that too. But they don't make a difference anymore between what you already can do and what not (e.g. smithing, herblore,...). The things you didn't have the level for used to be in red or something. I always felt it was a nice achievement to get it to the "yay I can do this now"-colour...