Yahoo or Google?

Viktorkrum77

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yahoo is my start page for basic news (although I probably should change it to digg or something. I'm just used to having it be my start page for the last several years of using the internet).

I do use google to search though. I'm more used to it.

I don't get it. A discussion about search engines isn't that bad, why start the flaming over a ridiculous issue? Or do you prefer threads about american idol, personal issues and "how to take over the world" better? (Those all are on the first page)

Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned AltaVista.com. I used it back in 1999-2000 during the dotcom craze, google wasn't really that popular back then.

...Google does, today, easily return the most comprehensive search results to the user, IMO msn, yahoo and other search engines are pretty obsolete unless you're used to them/use advanced/deep search options often.

google is a much cleaner, and better search engine. Thats why 44% of people use google, and yahoo coming in 2nd place with only 22%.

can i qoute you on those numbers? you know 94% of posts with percentages on them are made up on the spot.

tehe

splat

edit: oh yea, i love google with all my heart, it is perfect for all my homework needs.

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned AltaVista.com. I used it back in 1999-2000 during the dotcom craze, google wasn't really that popular back then.

I actualy used that back in the day too before I started using google. Awsome search engine :P.

I can't even remember what I used before Google. Probably MSN or Yahoo!. I don't know when those came out either though, and before those I am not sure what I used.

I do remember altavista.com though. Actually, I remember thinking it was astalavista, which turned out to be a different, yet very interesting sort of site :P . Had some toys on their to play around with AIM back in the day.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I actualy used that back in the day too before I started using google. Awsome search engine :P.

I love their translator, it's God. :o O:)

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Guest AshKaYu

Google if researching English stuff, Yahoo if I'm researching French things. It's been that way for years 8-)

Edit: LEET POST COUNT!