Tip.It Times Presents: We Need More Cowbells

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice article

and to think some one in the rants forum was saying how low jagex's iq was because the jokes werent funny...

So we meet again Jem... Yah I liked this article very good :thumbsup:

poketama1ak8.jpg

the penguin quest thing was great. i love it. and yeah.....jagex is doin a good job on rs

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

nice article

and to think some one in the rants forum was saying how low jagex's iq was because the jokes werent funny...

So we meet again Jem... Yah I liked this article very good :thumbsup:

Yes, Poke, we do meet again, how are you?

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Great stuff, truely enjoyable and I can't manage to find any mistakes this week \'

Hopefully this will stop the "OMG jagex keep stealing from other things" topics with the realisation of the existance of satire and parody

Well done again =D>

now if only i didnt retire and had membership id have done cold war. all-in-all very good report (lol aim away from face) and after seeing happy feet some time ago i've taken a liking to penguin thingys..or else my gf would kill me lol. and remember penguins are your friends....except those with rocket launchers

Popoto.~<3

the quest wasnt bad but i hated the reward but i love muffins the spinning lights are the same as in those russian movies and i personly realy would like it if thay made its based on ww2 and a pengeuin like(you know who) you could kill with the mustache

anything offensive tell me i edit it out

tipitsigydr3.pngfrogber.gif Helm = Looks like a rabbit type animal is humping the back of your head

There are more appearances. You know Col Jake O'Niall in Witchhaven, his name is wordplay of the character Col Jack O'Niell, from Stargate SG1. Also, the mole tunnel in falador garden, when you examine the moles you get 'I shall call him Mini-Mole' or 'Moley Moley Moley' which are quotes from Austin Powers! And you can't forget the knights:

Sir Prysin-Surprising

Sir Amik Varze-Ceramic Vase

Sir Vyvin-Surviving

Sir Renitee-Serenity

I like mythology and the similar as it is but the way Jagex has created theirs is excellent, like it says in the article they haven't caused any conflicts of stories and anything minor can be resolved in a quest and put down to misunderstanding or mixed stories (Ghosty Robes - DT).

I'm not a fan of a couple of things Jagex have used for puns etc but I have noticed most related to tv/film/etc and many others.

I've not done the quest yet (need Cons levels) but I'm looking forward to doing it now!

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Hey, dont forget about the lumberjack in Miscellania, "He's a lumberjack, and he's ok!"

BTW, good article.

Don't ask me for what I do for fun.

Anyways, what I do for fun (besides RS) is to tear up assignments I get and then try to re-create them. It's so much fun =D.

(I also like differrent things.(and purple ))

Hasaple2.png

Hasaple2.png

There are more appearances. You know Col Jake O'Niall in Witchhaven, his name is wordplay of the character Col Jack O'Niell, from Stargate SG1. Also, the mole tunnel in falador garden, when you examine the moles you get 'I shall call him Mini-Mole' or 'Moley Moley Moley' which are quotes from Austin Powers! And you can't forget the knights:

Sir Prysin-Surprising

Sir Amik Varze-Ceramic Vase

Sir Vyvin-Surviving

Sir Renitee-Serenity

Whoever it is at Jagex that came up with that idea must be a Bugs Bunny fan. In the episode "Knighty Knight Bugs" which was made in 1958, Bugs Bunny, who's playing the role of the court jester, tries to get posession of the Singing Sword before the Black Knight (Yosemite Sam) and his sneezing dragon.

At the beginning of the epiosde, the narrator gives a short explanation of the medieval era, including introducing us to the "Knights of the Round Table". And that's the connection. Two of those knights' names??

Sir Osis of Liver (cirrhosis of liver - a disease of the liver)

Sir Loin of Beef (sirloin of beef)

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

A well written article except for one minor detail. Quote is not a noun, its a verb!

For example, you quote(verb=good) someone. One does not say "thats a good quote(noun=bad)". As a noun it should be written as quotation (Thats a good quotation=good, see doesn't that sound better) and as a verb quote. Please, o please, do not give into colloquialism.

A well written article except for one minor detail. Quote is not a noun, its a verb!

For example, you quote(verb=good) someone. One does not say "thats a good quote(noun=bad)". As a noun it should be written as quotation (Thats a good quotation=good, see doesn't that sound better) and as a verb quote. Please, o please, do not give into colloquialism.

I'm sorry, but you're incorrect. The word "quote" can be used as both a verb or a noun.

From Merriam-Webster Online:

2 entries found.

1 - quote

Function: verb

1 a: to speak or write (a passage) from another usually with credit acknowledgment b: to repeat a passage from especially in substantiation or illustration c: borrow 2a

2: to cite in illustration

3 a: to state (the current price or bid-offer spread) for a commodity, stock, or bond b: to give exact information on

4: to set off by quotation marks

2 - quote

Function: noun

1 : quotation

2 : quotation mark ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Indeed, Jagex has done a very good job in using real world references. Look at mage training arena. Talking hat? Wands? Can someone give me a Harry Potter?

and the yin yang amulet based on the chinese culture. Jagex took great care not to do anything that might be taken as offence with that.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Did anyone see the reference to a player name when talking about the lost id card? misplacedme? I couldn't stop giggling then.

Is there really? If anyone has pics, let me know :)

~M