How Did You Start Playing Runescape?

God_Of_Death

I stumbled upon it on Miniclip, started playing and got up to lvl 20-ish as a pure ranger. Got bored, and quitted.

Then 1 year later my friends started playing it as well, I was all happy coz I had to take care of a bunch of level 3s but now I'm the weakest :|

Ahh, the good times.

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I used to play a game called Monster Hunter and a member of the clan I was in showed me runescape.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

My friend told me it was a "well cool game and that when i go on i should get 60 woodcutting first cos u get really really rich from woodcutting its the best skill etc. " So me and him raced to 60 woodcutting, he quit soon after and here i am still :D

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

i used to download games from miniclip when i was younger. i remember runescape was on miniclip but i never tried playing it cause i only playd the games you could download. then one day my little brother wanted to play a new game so i clicked on runescape and was shocked how you could talk to people and move around in a virtual world. i had no idea there were those kinds of games, but i loved the social aspect of the game ever since.

i had one account named after my brother untill i got to lvl 40 and i realized i was playing this game to much so i gave away my account. the next week i was back and named my new account after someone i saw ingame the week before, and for the lack of comeing up with a better name. still regret it to this day. (both my name and playing rs)

Well, My story is like toms I found the game on Miniclip found it really stupid and ditched it. Then one year later all my friends were talking about this Runescape game, I was like I've played that before its a stupid game then I went back on did the tutorial and got hooked, got better than all my friends. And they quit AFTER they got me hooked <.<

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

I started playing when my best friend (now) moved and started dating a girl i know down the street. He got me hooked, and i got to level 35 (he was 33 XD) then he gave me his prized possesion, a green phat. Eventually, after making ALOT of pies, i could finally afford full addy.

So, i head out from varrock west bank, to the edgeville line to show off my addy, but i accidently walked into the wilderness...

I was 3 hit by that evil black pure -.- I was soo devistated i quit.

I came back during the time when whips were about 11m, and dragon chains were upwards of 36m, with an account i completely forgot about. All i had was 34 firemaking and 1k logs in the bank i cut, and i went on from there.....

Ive come such a long way in my book O.o

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

I started playing when my best friend (now) moved and started dating a girl i know down the street. He got me hooked, and i got to level 35 (he was 33 XD) then he gave me his prized possesion, a green phat. Eventually, after making ALOT of pies, i could finally afford full addy.

So, i head out from varrock west bank, to the edgeville line to show off my addy, but i accidently walked into the wilderness...

I came back during the time when whips were about 11m, and dragon chains were upwards of 36m, with an account i completely forgot about. All i had was 34 firemaking and 1k logs in the bank i cut, and i went on from there.....

Still got that green phat? Lol.

Anyway, I started because about 8-9 months ago my friend told me this game was pretty cool and you could have adventures on it and stuff (cliche I know), and so I started playing he gave me like 11k (I KNOW THE EXACT AMOUNT) and full iron. I eventually ended up dying and losing the iron, and I thought 11k with pretty rich lol. I hate the dark wizards circle to this day :evil:

Yeah, I was a mining addict when I first started but I haven't ever mined a lot since I started (especially when i started members).....about 9 months ago..lol.........

Still got that green phat? Lol.

Anyway, I started because about 8-9 months ago my friend told me this game was pretty cool and you could have adventures on it and stuff (cliche I know), and so I started playing he gave me like 11k (I KNOW THE EXACT AMOUNT) and full iron. I eventually ended up dying and losing the iron, and I thought 11k with pretty rich lol. I hate the dark wizards circle to this day :evil:

Yeah, I was a mining addict when I first started but I haven't ever mined a lot since I started (especially when i started members).....about 9 months ago..lol.........

Naw, i lost everything due to the fact i skulled XD

I remember being a mining addict, and not knowing much.

Go from faladore, north, then east to the dwarf mountain (Now refered to as ice mountain) and to the 3 coal rocks, then walking all the way back. It would have been soo usefull to know about the stairs or even edgeville.

Or smithing... walking from varrock to lumby... XD

I was such a newb back then

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Back when I used to play Mininclip (Looooonnng time ago), I saw Runescape, but I was like "Eh, naw, I rocket man!!!!!!" (Yes, I was an idiot!). My brother started playing, introduced to the game, and I made Chocobodude1, got bored, quit, and made Chocobodude0. The rest, they say, is history....

good friend of mine showed me it back in 04' i got hooked pretty quickly, but about 3 months later got hacked and quit until mid 05' when i started up again. luckly my friend that showed me still played and helped me get back on my feet after starting a new a char ::'

legends2.jpg

When I first started I needed something more addicting than cocaine to get me off the drug. Hey, it worked, didn't it?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

My friend showed me back in 7th Grade. It was RSC and I was somewhat addicted to it for a small time. I quit eventually halfway through the schoolyear.

Then during the following summer I started playing again, I found TipIt and got through some quests and trained my skills more. I played until the summer before my 9th grade year in school. I got up to a whopping lvl 72 and was a hardcore mining addict. My original SN was Nathanzach11. I then figured out how to hack....unfortunately I wasn't as mature as I am now and password scammed a few people, got caught, and got perm banned. I gave up.

Finally a year ago I started up another account casually leveling here and there just to pass the time and now I'm here, Range This11 (a much more mature and knowlegeable 11th grader) and I also have a pker in the making. Kind of a sad, yet interesting story.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I googled my name, and up came RuneScape as like the fourth post.. Wierd huh... Name is Zac by the way. So yea I clicked on it, and this was before RS2 boom, I played and I was hooked. Then I quit when my account got hacked right before RS2 which was full of valuables <.< Started up Devoted12.... Been good ever since!

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

I found it through miniclip (I think thats where noobs come from). 2 or 3 years ago. None of my friends played it, but I did manage to get a few converts since then. I remember that I thought it was pretty cool at first, but i got bored after i beat tutorial island. I guess i took a month off or so then :-w . But i got bored one day and came back. It didnt take long to get me hooked! I guess i spent a few weeks just exploring. I remember i didnt see port sarim for at least 2 weeks, even with the map (couldnt teleport). About this time, i realized that runescape had its own website, and i quit miniclip for good! Luckily, i found tip.it early, and i stuck with it the whole time.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

a friends friend showed my friend who showed me, then i overtook him and he got bored

thats it :?

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard