The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I just did the Ring of Blood questchain in Nagrand.

Best. Quest. Ever.

5 group quest: we had a 70 paladin, a 70 mage, 66 hunter and 67 warrior. You enter this "ring" and you're challenged by 6 bosses. Each boss killed gives you ~11k exp (or more), a bit over 10g (some of the bosses reward you with health, heavy netherweave badages and mana pots as well). And in the end there are 6 rewards (blue weapons) to choose from; all great. I choose Ceremonial Warmaul Blood-blade.

However, make sure your group runs up, together, to the questgiver each time you've killed a boss though. I didn't realise this so I only got the reward for the first boss. We agreed to do it all over again though.

In less than 10 minutes, I ended up with +70k exp, 10 health and mana pots, 20x heavy netherweave bandages, over 70g richer and with a new mainhand weapon. More quests like this Blizz!

Oh and for a few bosses we even had hordes helping us out (not like we needed it though). :P

2009rb9.jpg

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, nice Azvy!

It looks like its around a lvl 66 quest, what level did you do it at? I'm 64 atm. :D (Mutilate btw now incase you didn't see, I love it :P)

Yeah that quest is some easy money (I did it when I was 70, so all exp = gold). If you really want to do a fun quest chain with awesome rewards do the one in Shadowmoon Valley which starts at the Deathforge (gotta finish some "omg kill these elementals plix"-quest at the quest giver here before he gives you the first quest of the chain, he'll send you to some guy (Oronok) in the northern part of Shadowmoon Valley you gotta help him find his sons or something and in the end group up with 4 others to kill some bigass elemental. Rewards are awesome for all classes (picked an insane tanking axe on my warrior and an incredibly cool (especially the looks) bow on my hunter).

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

Holy crap, nice Azvy!

It looks like its around a lvl 66 quest, what level did you do it at? I'm 64 atm. :D (Mutilate btw now incase you didn't see, I love it :P)

I did it at 65. But yeah, the quest is probably meant for 66-67's mainly. However if you find a good group it shouldn't be a problem. Nobody in my group whined at my level 65-ness, so meah... *shrug*

And yes, mutilate is a beautiful talent. :)

2009rb9.jpg

By the way, anyone got a good WoW community site, other than the official forums? I cry everytime I read them.

I feel ya. I wonder what it is that makes the majority of WoW players... the way they are. I really haven't experienced the same mentality in other gaming communities.

As for other communities, well, the only one I really use besides the official one (I tend to browse it occasionally when I have nothing better to do) is the SomethingAwful forums one. I don't know if it's restricted to members only (since it was initially meant for members of the SA guild), but there's a lot of general and useful information there. You can't post unless you're a member though. It's under Games > Guild Servers > WoW: Goon Squad.

Other than that... worldofraids.com? *shrug*

I've always thought thottbot or wowhead should start their own forums. But then again, I doubt they would be much different from the official ones. Still the same people playing the game.

2009rb9.jpg

By the way, anyone got a good WoW community site, other than the official forums? I cry everytime I read them.

Worldofraids.com is a pretty mature one, also don't you have a guild(forum)?

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

I tried WoW (I broke my vow that I would never touch the game) and hated it. I love pvp but it took me 4 hours to get to level 8! I hate grinding on every game I play and this was the slowest I've ever had. I won't touch WoW ever again.

your not supposed to grind on this game as much your suposed to quest. if your going to grind make the account stay in an inn for a week or something

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I tried WoW (I broke my vow that I would never touch the game) and hated it. I love pvp but it took me 4 hours to get to level 8! I hate grinding on every game I play and this was the slowest I've ever had. I won't touch WoW ever again.

You PvP'ed at level 8?

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

You PvP'ed at level 8?

No, pvp is the reason I play MMORPGs. No pvp, I won't play.

1) I wouldn't judge a game at level 8, but maybe that's just me

2) There is PvP in WoW and in different varieties. May not be the perfect PvP system, but I don't know where you got your impression from.

3) If it took you 4 hours to level 8, then you must have been doing something drastically wrong.

So maybe you shouldn't judge WoW again, before you touch it again.

2) There is PvP in WoW and in different varieties. May not be the perfect PvP system, but I don't know where you got your impression from.

3) If it took you 4 hours to level 8, then you must have been doing something drastically wrong.

I don't know what I was doing wrong. I was doing all the quests I could and killing numerous mobs when I got bored. I know WoW has pvp but from watching my friend it looked like it was mostly gank pvp and that's s*. I'm not going to touch WoW again because on Shadowbane I can get a character to level 70, gear him up, and be ready to roll in 4 hours.

I don't know what I was doing wrong. I was doing all the quests I could and killing numerous mobs when I got bored. I know WoW has pvp but from watching my friend it looked like it was mostly gank pvp and that's s*. I'm not going to touch WoW again because on Shadowbane I can get a character to level 70, gear him up, and be ready to roll in 4 hours.

Shadowbanes also the most buggy POS I've ever played, and they added an anoying ad inbetween deaths on it.

You can't make your decision about the game at level 8 del. Also there is many different kinds of PvP, from orginized arena tournements to general world PvP and battlegrounds.

And yes the PvP isn't perfect but its nice to not worry too much about losing gear. And what game with PvP doesn't have gankers?

edit: Oh and I love the offical forums, lol. I don't know what it is about them that just warms my heart with joy. :lol:

Holy moly, Evil_Elf, long time no see!

Hope you've been well.

It's amazing the places on the internet I all of a sudden remember when it comes time to study for finals. Anything to procrastinate, hah. But yeah, the last ~2 years (can't believe it's been that long) have been absolutely fantastic for me :)

edit: I forgot how ridiculous it feels to post under the alias "Evil Elf" :lol:

I know that the game isn't for everyone but stopping at level 8 because you think the pvp sucks? >.>

I'd at least try to level to 19 or something (though it'd probably take you 6 months at your pace) and try some real, real world pvp. I know everyone says this about every game, but it truly gets better at higher levels :)

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Also i'm amazed you are worried about the leveling pace del. WoW is one of the easiest games I've ever leveled in save for private servers.

Holy moly, Evil_Elf, long time no see!

Hope you've been well.

It's amazing the places on the internet I all of a sudden remember when it comes time to study for finals. Anything to procrastinate, hah. But yeah, the last ~2 years (can't believe it's been that long) have been absolutely fantastic for me :)

Excellent mate, very happy for you :)

And good luck for your finals!