The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See! Even biox agrees. Then it must be true! :D

Hey, I never said it wasn't :P I just happen to think that a (potential) 25% stun resist (racial+jewel thingies) and Blood Fury is better than 5% health (errr...) and warstomp (better than blood fury, granted). UD has the best racial going, WoTF, and cannabilize is also good for getting hp back up on a heal dependent class, but there's sooooo many UDs flying around it's almost Nelf. The base stats for an Orc, plus their lore, also appeal to me more than UD too.

hey meesy how do orcs not make good warriors? axe spec is good.

i dont like tanking very much infact i dont like waiting for my damage (warlocks), i dont like close combat (rouges, warriors, paladins, druid and shaman somewhat), hate healing (druid, shaman, paladin, and priest) so prettt much my favorite class is the mage. major damage, dont have to do anything really important in instances and i get to make food =D

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Yeah that quest is some easy money (I did it when I was 70, so all exp = gold). If you really want to do a fun quest chain with awesome rewards do the one in Shadowmoon Valley which starts at the Deathforge (gotta finish some "omg kill these elementals plix"-quest at the quest giver here before he gives you the first quest of the chain, he'll send you to some guy (Oronok) in the northern part of Shadowmoon Valley you gotta help him find his sons or something and in the end group up with 4 others to kill some bigass elemental. Rewards are awesome for all classes (picked an insane tanking axe on my warrior and an incredibly cool (especially the looks) bow on my hunter).

I'm doing that quest right now. Its a huge chain, probably between 15 and 20 quests before you actually get to the end. Nearly finished up tonight, killed Ruul, but for the life of me I couldn't find a group for the very last part, the 5 man group huge fire elemental thing. I will try again tomorrow, those weapons are so good, and all look amazing except for the +damage staff. :lol: Man I want that Staff of Redemption SO bad.

Would anyone experienced mind looking at my spec and tell me if I could put any points into better places. I hope to be healing Kara soon.

rangesig.gif

riku3220, orcs do not made good warriors for the simple fact that Blood Fury works against you if you ever think about PvE'ing - and you'll have to do instances and you'll have to tank, else you'll never hit 60 (or 70 even).

I won't explain again why this is. Also, axe spec sucks since it doesn't work anymore since Blizzard changed the whole glancing blow thing.

About your spec zeekyhbomb, we never brought a druid to heal simply because priests are better healers and you need a lot of group heals. Combined with the fact that we only had 2 healers, we really needed the best.

But I'm assuming you're going to Kara to keep the tank alive.

Also the whole tree-thing is pretty useless I've heard, but if you really want to be a healer and a healer only - stick with your current build. Otherwise you might want to think about a 0/21/40 build or a 0/31/30 build even - works too.

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=39811

"The grind". Start with episode 0 if you haven't seen it, this is #2. Its serriously the funniest WoW series I've ever seen.

Here's a little quote from it:

gnome messanger: "We like serving, and only Gnomes...Because we are terribly, terribly, terribly, racists."

Its a great series and #2 had me laughing so hard I could hardly breathe.

About your spec zeekyhbomb, we never brought a druid to heal simply because priests are better healers and you need a lot of group heals. Combined with the fact that we only had 2 healers, we really needed the best.

I wouldn't say that, its different healing styles for sure, but Druids are right up there. I don't want to go half feral, tanking and dps isn't my thing, I love healing. I think for the most part I will be keeping the tank alive in Kara, but I'm not sure, I d understand Druids ply that part better while Priests play the group heals better. I've never done any raids so I'm new to this, but I hope it works out, my guild is ready to help key me, just need to get geared up first I guess.

rangesig.gif

I wouldn't say that, its different healing styles for sure, but Druids are right up there. I don't want to go half feral, tanking and dps isn't my thing, I love healing. I think for the most part I will be keeping the tank alive in Kara, but I'm not sure, I d understand Druids ply that part better while Priests play the group heals better. I've never done any raids so I'm new to this, but I hope it works out, my guild is ready to help key me, just need to get geared up first I guess.

I should say that it depends on your guild man. Some guilds love to Min-Max to the extreme. They only select the top of the top classes and just kind of shun the rest.

However most guilds don't do that (thank god). Druids heal very well (all healers can make good healers) and if your guild is fine with you healing than thats all that matters.

Like I said its a matter of style while some classes are better at some stuff than others. Priests are great at keeping up multiple people while paladins (even post-nerf) are very good at single target healing. Druids and shaman are somewhat in the middle but both have their own style of healing.

Personaly I'm just glad my guild is going to let people spec what they want to spec when we start raiding. We have a lot of really good players atm and all we need really are maybe 5-10 more players to complete it. (not quite enough to do 25 mans). Honestly I can't wait to raid with the guild. Usualy I wanted to avoid raiding because of DKP and all the bullcrap but my guild is going off of greed/need for general looting rules. :thumbsup:

(If anyone can tell I'm not a big fan of min maxing to the extreme. I mean, to a point its needed but I hate the whole only x can tank and y can heal! And we only bring z to dps because everything else sucks!

You suck Nadril. :D

I need a new server to start over again with friends, any recommendations? :)

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

You suck Nadril. :D

I need a new server to start over again with friends, any recommendations? :)

I take your EU? I'm on Al'Akir and Azvy is on Shattered Hand. Not many other EU players here, I'm afraid.

If you wanna pick a new server, I'll come join you and roll together. (Just don't hate me for my noobipops)

Yes I played on a EU server, mainly I like a high amount of scandinavian/english/dutch on a server - but that might be a bit too much to ask. :P

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

I know Shattered Hand is quite high in Scandanavian players. Here's what Wowwiki has to say on the servers:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Category:Europe_Servers

From that, Darksorrow, Grim Batol, Ravencrest, SH, and Trollbane look good.

However, I think Vashj would be great for you :) It says it has "very friendly people; mostly Dutch, Scandinavian and English".

Vashj info

Yes I played on a EU server, mainly I like a high amount of scandinavian/english/dutch on a server - but that might be a bit too much to ask. :P

Yeah, Shattered Hand has a lot of belgian and dutch players. There are also a lot of swedes I'm afraid; but since you want that, I'd say SH would be a good server for you.

Bubsa, why did you stop playing on SH? :(

2009rb9.jpg

Ok, so i've been pvping pretty heavily the past few days, and im just dumbfounded. In EotS we win pretty much 1 of every 3 games, and in WSG we win about 1/5th-1/6th of the time. That's just freaking ridiculous. Is the gap that humungous on other servers too?

And what is it about people that roll alliance that makes a person that A:Can't stop picking their noses midfield, or B:Can't stop [bleep]ing about the people that pick their noses midfield. I seriously got called a "butt-hat" for defending a tower instead of farming HK's at the midfield flag.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Ok, so i've been pvping pretty heavily the past few days, and im just dumbfounded. In EotS we win pretty much 1 of every 3 games, and in WSG we win about 1/5th-1/6th of the time. That's just freaking ridiculous. Is the gap that humungous on other servers too?

And what is it about people that roll alliance that makes a person that A:Can't stop picking their noses midfield, or B:Can't stop [bleep] about the people that pick their noses midfield. I seriously got called an [wagon] for defending a tower instead of farming HK's at the midfield flag.

Welcome to the alliance. :lol: . Also, gratz on getting attuned.

You suck Nadril.

I need a new server to start over again with friends, any recommendations?

Love you too, Meesy. :wink:

Most younger players (average age 15) roll alliance, most older players (average age 19) roll horde. That's pretty much why you're losing. :P

Also about the Vashj server,

"Although very underdeveloped in both PvP and PvE aspects [...]"
That kinda sucks... :P

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

been playing BG for a while now, and now its just become frustraighting. Horde wins every round and i keep getting killed by rogues (in the little time ive been playing seem to be massivly overpowered)

Just wait until your high enough to do Alterac Valley. The map layout is designed so poorly that the only way the Alliance lose is if they're all AFK, or the Horde Exploit.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.