The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

After weeks of waiting, I finally got my EU beta key, which I promptly sent to be switched out for a US one. Days later I finally get the key, and the site I need to go to to use it is down for maintenance. Does Blizzard hate me or am I just this unlucky?

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered WLK today. Woot can't wait. \'

I know this may be a little...odd and out of place. But a few friends from school want me to start playing because nobody i know plays runescape. theyre all horde and say i should make either a hunter, rogue, or priest. im looking at hunter maybe rogue

what should i go with and what race should i be?

edit:i suppose its all opinion but id love to hear XD

That depends. You wanna be kick [wagon] if you have a moderate comp/internet, kick [wagon] and have a really good comp and internet connection, or a vital part of the team (healer) but not so much kick [wagon]?

And whatever race you choose, don't pick elf. I kill you. :evil:

im on a laptop, but i have dsl, i had no problems doing the trial so i dont think itll be that bad.

and yes, i want to be kick [wagon] XD

maybe a troll rogue?

I guess a rogue would be good. As long as you don't use the laptop mouse you'll be fine. And good pick on the troll; I hardly see any of those. :!:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Anybody have any advice on making money? I got 70 about 3 weeks ago. So far I've gotten epic PvP shoulders and epic PvP chest. I spent almost all of my 1.4k gold, and started doing dailies yesterday. So far I'm up to 200g, but at this rate I'm getting just under 100g per day, playing more that I should. That means it will take 50 days to get enough for my epic flying, which misses LK by a long shot.

So any advice would be helpful. (I'm a hunter btw.)

100g from dailys???

im guessing your only doing the sso dailies?

do all 25 to get 450g a day

if not i posted a post some time ago about herbs <- good money

(and herbs will be used for inscription)

You did

On my druid im 296 herb on my druid at 47, i should be selling the herbs but im banking them for inscription.

Im only playing wow with my dad and my freind since where doing RAF, got a warrior and pally, and when im not playing that on those odd nights im playing WAR.

tifsdac6mc.gif

I think doing 25 dalies a day is pushing it a bit, the max ive been able to do is 19 which got me around 350g and that took about 4 hours.

But i havent really had a problem with money yet having got 375 Mining and Herbalism and recently Herb prices have gone really high so its really good money atm.

Also nearly exalted with the Netherwing Dragonflight and only need 1000 more gold for epic flying mount training, so hopefully have a Netherwing Drake my next week.

keen.png

eh?

nearly exalted with netherwing without having epic? :S

when i got my netherwing you cudnt even be neutral until u did a quest chain which requires epic flying

have they changed that then? (aint been on WoW for 3 month :P)

also i shall be reactivating my account tonight!! and gathering bank full of herbs (BOOYA)

krisc6 what server you on? and are you horde (i might possibly...migrate or make new char where u are :P)

Insane_212.png

100g from dailys???

im guessing your only doing the sso dailies?

do all 25 to get 450g a day

if not i posted a post some time ago about herbs <- good money

(and herbs will be used for inscription)

What dailies do you do? I'm doing the ones in Quel'Danas. They give on average 10g each. So I have time to do about 10 dailies in under 2 hours and get 100g. Also, I don't have herbalism. I have mining and enchanting.

My characters on magtheridon.

Got a freind who has an alt on there with some gold to help me out.I may migrate off that realm though, possibly to a realm in cyclone bg

maggy aye?

see you there big man, my chars on there too

ill reactivate it sometime this weekend

Insane_212.png

eh?

nearly exalted with netherwing without having epic? :S

when i got my netherwing you cudnt even be neutral until u did a quest chain which requires epic flying

have they changed that then? (aint been on WoW for 3 month :P)

I have the rare flying mount (Snowy gryphon which everyone else on my server seems to have) but im saving for epic mount and training and as far as i know there is no quest chain for epic flyer.

keen.png

Also nearly exalted with the Netherwing Dragonflight and only need 1000 more gold for epic flying mount training, so hopefully have a Netherwing Drake my next week.

I have the rare flying mount (Snowy gryphon which everyone else on my server seems to have) but im saving for epic mount and training and as far as i know there is no quest chain for epic flyer.

You see, this is where your problem is. To even START getting Reputation past Neutral with Netherwing you HAVE TO HAVE the Epic Flying Mount Training. So you are lieing. To start getting Netherwing reputation, you have to do a questchain with the end one being Zuluhed The Whacked (Regardless of whether you have the epic flying mount or not). When you get the epic flying mount training, you are then allowed to complete Ally of the Netherwing. Now you can start doing the dailies on Netherwing Ledge and collect eggs.

It hasn't changed because I started grinding about a week ago, halfway through revered at the moment.

Also, can you link me your armory details please? I can see your Riding Skill level and Netherwing Reputation through that.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

So I got a level 20 BE hunter today. Got all that duel wield, freezing trap, all that bs.

So... I want to try out this PvP. Should I .. do whatever to get into PvP or should I wait a little longer to get more experience of WoW?

Don't go in at 20. Wait until you're around 27-29 to go in or they'll wipe the floor with you. Also don't worry if you are killed a lot, chances are that the bg at that level is filled with mostly twinks. BG's are really a lot of fun if you get a good group going.

The whole enchanting and farming lower instances reminds me off athene "#1 pally in the world" and his video of best money maker.Its basically athene going into DM running to the end boss and killing it as the rest of the instance comes and tries to kill him, he throws out aoe and as hes dying hes like "Im just going to pop bubble...this is skill, total skill and timing, athene #1 pally in the world".

I love that guy because he win traded his merciless gladiator title and he has only a few pieces of brutal and his excuse is "oh its useless because of wrath" which is a valid reason but you dont see any of the bleeding edge arena players careing about it.

Some of his videos are hilarious, especially the earlier ones

tifsdac6mc.gif

So I got my third 70 up around three weeks ago now. My rogue is geared at T6+ level (still with T4 gloves and a few kara pieces, a few T5 items, T6 content items and the rest badge gear). My lock is not really played much, she has crafted/kara epics and pretty much just ninjas herbs from nubs with her epic flying mount and voidwalker in tow.

My priest, while still wearing lots of junk, is currently at 1280 +heal with 180 regen while casting. I know that's nothing special, but for three weeks at 70 I'm pretty much happy.

The thing is now my guild wants me to heal fulltime. :cry: I'm still well undeagered but they are quite willing to help me gear up so we can progress further before LK drops.

Anyways, in one week we newly-killed; Azgalor, Naj'entus and Supremus. Akama next. :thumbup:

So I got my third 70 up around three weeks ago now. My rogue is geared at T6+ level (still with T4 gloves and a few kara pieces, a few T5 items, T6 content items and the rest badge gear). My lock is not really played much, she has crafted/kara epics and pretty much just ninjas herbs from nubs with her epic flying mount and voidwalker in tow.

My priest, while still wearing lots of junk, is currently at 1280 +heal with 180 regen while casting. I know that's nothing special, but for three weeks at 70 I'm pretty much happy.

The thing is now my guild wants me to heal fulltime. :cry: I'm still well undeagered but they are quite willing to help me gear up so we can progress further before LK drops.

Anyways, in one week we newly-killed; Azgalor, Naj'entus and Supremus. Akama next. :thumbup:

You monkey, tell them to burn (unless you like the guild). If you're happy to play your healer and get geared up at the same time I say go for it. But just remember that if you stick to the same guild they'll likely want you to play the healer as your main when WOTLK comes along. If you can handle that then congrats. I hate healing. But on the plus side, you'll be more likely to get a raid spot as a healer then as a dps (if you can heal well). You're killing all the content, congrats. ::'

The whole enchanting and farming lower instances reminds me off athene "#1 pally in the world" and his video of best money maker.Its basically athene going into DM running to the end boss and killing it as the rest of the instance comes and tries to kill him, he throws out aoe and as hes dying hes like "Im just going to pop bubble...this is skill, total skill and timing, athene #1 pally in the world".

I love that guy because he win traded his merciless gladiator title and he has only a few pieces of brutal and his excuse is "oh its useless because of wrath" which is a valid reason but you dont see any of the bleeding edge arena players careing about it.

So is it a good idea then?

Its just DEing old world blues etc for large brilliant shards(i think) and as he said in the video "you suck if you dont have enchanting..."

tifsdac6mc.gif

Its just DEing old world blues etc for large brilliant shards(i think) and as he said in the video "you suck if you dont have enchanting..."

I'll try it then, lol.