The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean instanced dungeons? Do I just enter a random one and fight through? How would I get the questhelper tool?

Also, how do I do the -opengl command for my game? Do I use it only when I get my new graphics card?

Thanks again for your help.

you dont need questhelper anymore. It used to be quite a helpful addon, but all of it's functionality has been absorbed into the main map now. You wouldnt notice a difference.

And yeah, just sign yourself up for whatever dungeon is your level on the group finder and have a go at doing some group instances. It teaches how to play the game a lot better than just playing solo.

Tk5SF.png

Do you mean instanced dungeons? Do I just enter a random one and fight through? How would I get the questhelper tool?

Also, how do I do the -opengl command for my game? Do I use it only when I get my new graphics card?

Thanks again for your help.

Well instanced dungeons and random are basically the same. While in game, press "i" and it will bring up the instance screen. It is set to default to a random dungeon, which I recommend for the extra money, experience, and useful items at a lower level. There is a drop down menu which you can change over so you can select the dungeon(s) you wish to do.

As for running the opengl version, simply right click the short cut and add "-opengl" to the end after the quotation marks.

[hide=animated pic]

r7kgmb.gif

[/hide]

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I've left my guild now, don't have time nor the energy to raid at the moment.

Have been playing my Paladin a lot, tanking instances is really fun :D

Tanked VoA, OS10 + 25, Ulduar 10 (Ignis only for weekly raid), Onyxia 10 + all heroics so far. Would like to do Naxx just for 'fun' and get more experience tanking different things but the chance of getting a group for that, even if I start it myself is slim.

Cool, thanks a lot bballer. And I should've tried that invitation code idea. My game did come with a trial, though.

Okay, so with my warrior, what should my specialization be? I've abandoned the Protection tree, since it's so hard to level. That leaves Arms and Fury. For some reason 2-handed swords are annoying to me, but dual-wielding sounds cool. Is Fury a good choice? I need a build that's relatively good at soloing and fun, and aside from that I heard that Fury is the easiest tree to level. Is it too fragile, though?

Also, my username is Rushrock, and I'm on the Madoran realm if anyone is on the same realm. I take it you can't have friends from different realms, right? The realm system is so stupid and annoying. It just serves as a hassle in my opinion. I mean I see its benefits, but it's such a flawed system.

But gear dependency is nothing that can't be solved with a little spending late game, right? I assume you mean sockets. I can just buy those or go on some raids, right?

You can't buy sockets, they come in gear. You can buy gems and enchants to put in/on gear but they aren't going to make a major difference compared to just getting good gear.

Take it from an old DPS warrior, you do need good gear to put out decent DPS (unless they changed it since last I played).

Also last time I played Arms was the starting dps spec of choice with Fury being a real "end game" spec once you get greatly geared out. I was just doing the transition from arms to fury when I stopped playing.

So should I do Arms then? I can't really tell anymore which I should do. I started the Warrior class and I think I should continue with it. Tanking is reliable enough for solo PvE I think and I like its durability since I do a lot of questing and haven't even joined a guild yet. I'm kind of confused. I still have choices.

So should I do Arms then? I can't really tell anymore which I should do. I started the Warrior class and I think I should continue with it. Tanking is reliable enough for solo PvE I think and I like its durability since I do a lot of questing and haven't even joined a guild yet. I'm kind of confused. I still have choices.

Just do whatever.

I never finished it because a. Most PUGs suck and b. It was so hard to navigate :D

I might return to WoW with crossrealm lfg'ing. Just not before Cataclysm hits though.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

[bleep].

Why.

Someone on my vent mentioned the unmentionable. "Hey, so Chris wants to play WoW again.....". Needless to say patcher is running now... I need to hopefully bum an account from a friend though because I sold my old one. Rolling with them on some server :/. Probably rolling a warlock.

(Why do I do these things?)

[bleep].

Why.

Someone on my vent mentioned the unmentionable. "Hey, so Chris wants to play WoW again.....". Needless to say patcher is running now... I need to hopefully bum an account from a friend though because I sold my old one. Rolling with them on some server :/. Probably rolling a warlock.

hah, I feel ya. I'm probably gonna be playing again in less than a month for the exact same reason.

Tk5SF.png

[bleep].

Why.

hah, I feel ya. I'm probably gonna be playing again in less than a month for the exact same reason.

Heh, I'm actually leaning towards just not playing now. I've got enough [cabbage] to do to keep me busy (school, HoN, ect.) that I just don't really feel like playing WoW. I've got like 17 free days on the account I have so we'll see if I change my mind, but yeah, it's kind of nice being MMO-less.

Aww man. I feel kind of guilty, getting bitten by the WoW bug so late in the game. It's really fun. There's a lot to do in this game. In fact, its sheer content has impressed me a lot and pretty much dominates anything that I, specifically, have ever played.

If any of you are on Madoran, add Rushrock. It would be cool to play with some of you guys.

Oh, I went fury. :)

Ugh. I don't like raiding anymore. It has just turned into a pugging nightmare where people take it so seriously. I think I will not even attempt ICC. The gear will be obsolete in a year anyway.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Aww man. I feel kind of guilty, getting bitten by the WoW bug so late in the game. It's really fun. There's a lot to do in this game. In fact, its sheer content has impressed me a lot and pretty much dominates anything that I, specifically, have ever played.

If any of you are on Madoran, add Rushrock. It would be cool to play with some of you guys.

Oh, I went fury. :)

dont rush things. But you should set yourself a goal of getting to level 80 before cataclysm comes out. Being there with everybody else at the very start of a new expansion is VERY fun. It levels the playing field again.

Tk5SF.png

Yeah new expansions are fun for a bit.

If anyone is curious I decided against coming back. I tried, got to 6 and realized that this is just no longer the game for me.

Yeah new expansions are fun for a bit.

If anyone is curious I decided against coming back. I tried, got to 6 and realized that this is just no longer the game for me.

This is your game Nadril: http://hko.aeriagames.com/playnow/

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!