The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I managed to do Ring of Blood 'properly' last night, with a group of five people at levels 64-67. The staff I got from it is pretty much perfect for a hunter (agility/stamina/attack power), and I slapped a Greater Savagery enchant on it. The staff should last me until level 70 at least.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tips guys :) .

1. I currently still have herblarism and skinning as my two proffessions, and they are giving me WAY more money than I need. I right now have 600 gold on me, and I've already spent as much as I could to get the best items I could find for my level at the auction house + I now have 3 frostweave bags which pretty much means I'll never need to drop items ever again. My herblarism gives me A LOT of money, and the medium leather I find these days from skinning is a nice side-moneymaker. I might switch over skinning for engineering though because of the arrows you can make with it, and use herblarism for money (unless I make more money from raids).

2. Although so far I've been told that BM is the best talent tree for me, I looked over the talent trees, and I just love the Marksmanship tree. The ability to do a lot of damage really appeals to me, and although it would be hard to keep enemies off me sometimes, with a good tank I might be able to do quite well (in raids, at least). So yeah, I'm currently thinking of a talent tree similar to this one (at level 70)

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=3&tal=000000000000000000000000000053350310300132331050310515000032000000000000000000000

So... does that sound good?

22031_s.gif

Just got Mourning Malice on my DK today, replacing my Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver. Man, the Cleaver used to be so awesome. :3

I must say, I think that Mourning Malice, Bryntroll, Starshard Edge and Life and Death have been the coolest looking weapons this expansion. <3

And the Sword from Maly10, too. :3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I got my druid to 70 last night. I've been leveling mostly with random dungeons and bgs, but didn't realize just how little questing I had done...didn't get the 250 quests completed achievment until 69 lol

Wow I got that at like level 35 aha.

Starting to be a pain in the [wagon] to level now, almost 48. Of course it gets worse...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I got my druid to 70 last night. I've been leveling mostly with random dungeons and bgs, but didn't realize just how little questing I had done...didn't get the 250 quests completed achievment until 69 lol

Wow I got that at like level 35 aha.

Starting to be a pain in the [wagon] to level now, almost 48. Of course it gets worse...

Yeah, I hate leveling like 45-58...once in outlands it seem to go fast

Thanks for the tips guys :) .

1. I currently still have herblarism and skinning as my two proffessions, and they are giving me WAY more money than I need. I right now have 600 gold on me, and I've already spent as much as I could to get the best items I could find for my level at the auction house + I now have 3 frostweave bags which pretty much means I'll never need to drop items ever again. My herblarism gives me A LOT of money, and the medium leather I find these days from skinning is a nice side-moneymaker. I might switch over skinning for engineering though because of the arrows you can make with it, and use herblarism for money (unless I make more money from raids).

2. Although so far I've been told that BM is the best talent tree for me, I looked over the talent trees, and I just love the Marksmanship tree. The ability to do a lot of damage really appeals to me, and although it would be hard to keep enemies off me sometimes, with a good tank I might be able to do quite well (in raids, at least). So yeah, I'm currently thinking of a talent tree similar to this one (at level 70)

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=3&tal=000000000000000000000000000053350310300132331050310515000032000000000000000000000

So... does that sound good?

once you get to lv 60, survival is the best because of explosive shot (if you want dungeon dps)

also better for PvP at that lvl because of wyvern sting

One thing I'm loving about this game at the moment are close fights.

Twin Val'kyr the other week, wiped on 0.1% after half the raid was dead and I had to end up solo tanking it. Close, but was really fun.

Festergut last week, 40k wipe after he enraged and I bubbled, close but needed moar dots.

Lord Jaraxxus in ToC10 normal this week on a pug. OT died as did the 2nd healer + 3 DPS. Ended up tanking Jaraxxus + all adds and we managed to down him, awesome.

I don't mind the wiping, it's just the "thrill" of doing something like that, coming so close and the suspense as on vent everyone is shouting "COME ON!".

Completely obliterating encounters is not fun and I'm having a lot more fun "struggling" in ICC10 on rotface then I ever had easily clearing ToC10/25 week in and week out.

So, I'll probably hit level 68 today. Should I just head to Northrend?

My guild's 10 man ICC runs are going awesome now.

This week we downed the first 4 bosses with no wipes (although we have done that the past couple of weeks too) including the weekly raid for deathwhisper, which is awesome :).

One shot Festergut, nice and easy.

Took us 4 attempts, possibly 5 to down rotface for the first time :D. We'd done about 5 wipes before but never really even started the fight. On our first attempt this time we got him down to 38%, had a wipe at 9%, one at like 60% then we downed him. Could have been another try in there but can't remember.

We then moved on to Dreamwalker, had a couple of attempts there but then the trash started spawned and it was getting late anyway so we head back to Putricide for one attempt there just so we can see the fight. We ended up pulling all the trash prior to the stairs there in one pull (luckily not all at the exact same time, but all of it was done without being out of combat). Then we had an attempt at Putricide, mainly to see the fight more than anything. Got him to 81% before everyone but me (OT) wiped. I then got him down to 80% so he did his phase transition, then when my "vehicle" died I bubbled and thus kited him around a little more getting him to 79% all by myself, was awesome staying alive a minute or two longer than everyone else before eventually dying :D.

We're going to try and keep roughly the same group every week for it as it's awesome. Me and the main tank work very well together, very little communication is needed between us and we both seem to know what to do and when to make sure everyone stays alive and everything goes as smoothly as possible. We do still talk on vent occasionally, but most of the time we're already doing what the other one is saying as they say it :P.

Annoying thing is, I've yet to win any MS rolls against this tank, must be about 4-5 roles so far, none of which I've won. Oh well, at least if those items drop again I'll be guaranteed to get them :P Still running around in mainly 232 gear. Although 50k raid buffed now thanks to the 5% buff in ICC :) Although that made no difference to our kills today and we'd have done just as well without it, but no point in switching it off.

We're going back Monday evening where we can hopefully get Dreamwalker down (well, up actually) and have a couple of attempts on Putricide, although I don't think our DPS is quite up to that yet.

Hopefully we can have 10/12 before the end of the month and then full 12/12 by the end of next month, would be awesome. :D

We use EPGP for 25 man raids. The 10 man raid isn't an "official" guild raid, although an officer from the guild does run it. Too much effort for no real advantage it using a loot system other than rolls for this.

We do pass on loot etc. if others need it, so it's not unfair either. Just annoying not winning any roles.

On the upside, as we have no plate DPS I'm getting a lot of DPS + Healing OS items :P

Must be nice being in a decent 25 man guild, although I prefer 10 man raiding.

Last night we were meant to go 25 man ICC (We've cleared the first 3 bosses in it) but not enough people came so some ran an ICC10 group where they got stuck on Saurfang. I had to join for that fight on my mage where I had to take a bloodbeast by myself which was easy enough. Finished top DPS so must have made a big difference =P. Then did the Rotting frost giant for the weekly quest getting me another 5 frost emblems. They had failed it earlier before and just gave up, tried it once with "my" tactics and we one shot it =P

So I guess everyone there owes me 7 emblems? Heh

Has anyone ever beaten the Lich King on ICC25 heroic? I couldn't find any vids...

nope. There are a fair few guilds who can try it now, but nobody has downed him.

Which is definitely a good thing, The Lich King is THE villan of warcraft universe, would be sad to see his be defeated so quickly with his full strength.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Has anyone ever beaten the Lich King on ICC25 heroic? I couldn't find any vids...

nope. There are a fair few guilds who can try it now, but nobody has downed him.

Which is definitely a good thing, The Lich King is THE villan of warcraft universe, would be sad to see his be defeated so quickly with is full strength.

Lol Yeah, I watched some vids of 25 man normal and 10 heroic, they both look brutal..

Maybe within the next few weeks someone will beat him.

polvCwJ.gif

I am having a bit of problem with wow, right now if you just dinged 80 and join a decent guild. They will drag your behind through ToC to gear you up and put you straight to ICC, you are skipping so much content that it is not even funny. Even if you want to raid some older content but cannot because nobody wants to, so basically you need a bunch of friends just so you can play through some older content.

Also I rolled a warrior for the lulz and I started to tank in ragefire chasm at level 17, the healer and some dps is in heirlooms, I was hammered and killed because the healer never healed and that is because I am such a nubble tank that I am not defense capped. I facepalmed.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I am having a bit of problem with wow, right now if you just dinged 80 and join a decent guild. They will drag your behind through ToC to gear you up and put you straight to ICC, you are skipping so much content that it is not even funny. Even if you want to raid some older content but cannot because nobody wants to, so basically you need a bunch of friends just so you can play through some older content.

Also I rolled a warrior for the lulz and I started to tank in ragefire chasm at level 17, the healer and some dps is in heirlooms, I was hammered and killed because the healer never healed and that is because I am such a nubble tank that I am not defense capped. I facepalmed.

Try a more casual guild, may have more luck. I switched realms, cost was ridiculous but hopefully will be worth it to play with an RL friend, and he says his guild is pretty good.

polvCwJ.gif

I've found it surprisingly lucrative to run through Stratholme solo, mostly just doing trash packs. The Runecloth and BoE blues are great money makers, I already have almost enough for cold weather flying.

This girl and I have started playing together on the Whisperwind realm. She is a level 80 ret pally and I am going to work on a surv hunter. I got to level 15 today in 6 hours of game play. She buffed and revived me when I died which was pretty helpful. I ope to get 20 tomorrow and get my mount and crap.

I've found it surprisingly lucrative to run through Stratholme solo, mostly just doing trash packs. The Runecloth and BoE blues are great money makers, I already have almost enough for cold weather flying.

Wear the Insignia thing so you can get the Scourgestones which add great rep, worth grinding it now so you can get the title easily once you hit 80.

Plus kill the Baron for the chance of the mount.

Guild is 7/12 in ICC10 now :) which is awesome. Hoping next week to down Putricide hopefully and *maybe* sindragosa. We haven't even started on the Crimson Halls yet so I guess we have an easy kill on the princes?