The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Me and my roomate wanted to play an MMO again (haven't in forever it seemed like). After going through our choices (which there wasn't many, the market is so dry atm) we decided to play WoW again.

For kicks we're on Alliance this time, new server. Half of it's because I sold my old account, half is because we want something a bit different. We're playing on Dragonmaw which seemed to be one of the more balanced US servers on high pop. Oh and also that way we can't be tempted to join our [cabbage]ty guild again and do [cabbage]ty raids.

Going to be focusing on PvP and this time we made sure to not [bleep] up at the start with a bad comp. Going to be running priest/rogue and I'm excited to hear that after recent buffs a shadowstep build may be very viable again in arena. Makes me happy. Oh, I'm Cyrant again if anyone is on that server for some reason.

Yeah our Warrior/Shaman worked last time but we only got to 1850. I want at least 2100+ which I fully expect me and my roomate can pull off with this comp. (I have a lot of rogue experience and he has a bit of priest experience as well).

Oh and I read up on some patch notes and stuff a little bit, but anything really big I should know about? Last time I seriously played was when Ulduar first came out.

ps: I kind of assume a shadowstep build these days would look like THIS. Any rogues here think that looks about right?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Aren't hunters screwed in PvP already? Oh and I love Blizzard because of their aprils fool joke. Brilliant.

Hunters are overpowered as [bleep] in PvP at the moment.

I basically steamroll people on whatever toon I play. It's a shame that I don't have any PvP gear on my only 80 (Vandir, Eitrigg, USA). I said in my guild chat that I needed some Furious to start Arena up, and if anyone wanted to do it with me. Some 12-year-old on Vent tells me that "Vandir, Arena's only for really good players. It's really hard." That 12-year-old never got past a 1500 rating. Blarg.

Also, I'm getting kinda bored of PvE. I'm a tank without a DPS set, and, because I was gone for 3 months, my gear is craptastic compared to my guild's ICC/Frost Emblem gear. I tanked VoA with them last night, but nothing good dropped for me.

steamroll people in what? BGs? world pvp? arena is totally different from that

I steamroll them in BGs and World PvP, but I also did Arena in TBC. Got to about 2100, I believe.

Edit: Thinking of farming full Furious and gemming/chanting it for Arena as a Feral. Either that or getting my hunter to 80 (63 as of right now) and slowwwwly farming Furious (either through BGs or through heroics).

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Yeah I know arena junkies.

Today, I saw a level 78 or so paladin that was trying to AoE level on some mobs in Icecrown. I noticed their spec (because of their UI) and they put every single point into Prot. I whispered them when they finished the pack of mobs and tried giving them advice on their spec. They gave me a big long speech on how their spec was perfectly fine and as good or better than the Prot spec that I suggested to them. Afterwards, I referred them to ElitistJerks, and they promptly /ignored me after saying that they probably named the site after me.

The things you go through when trying to help someone out. :\ I was trying to be nice.

Edit: I have a Prot pally that I've been using since the start of WotLK. He's only level 75, but when I start a class, I make sure to know what its main spec is going to be and I research the hell out of it. If I play a class, I know enough to write an entire guide on it. :lol:

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Yeah I know arena junkies.

Today, I saw a level 78 or so paladin that was trying to AoE level on some mobs in Icecrown. I noticed their spec (because of their UI) and they put every single point into Prot. I whispered them when they finished the pack of mobs and tried giving them advice on their spec. They gave me a big long speech on how their spec was perfectly fine and as good or better than the Prot spec that I suggested to them. Afterwards, I referred them to ElitistJerks, and they promptly /ignored me after saying that they probably named the site after me.

The things you go through when trying to help someone out. :\ I was trying to be nice.

Eh who cares unless they're in a group with you and doing bad. No need for them to have an optimal spec if they're just leveling/aoe'ing.

This is coming from someone who has min-max'd pretty hard too.

I read up on everything I do as well :razz: . That's why I can't stand people who ask dumb questions^^

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Oh and my rogue is 17 now, already have 60g. I love old servers, their economies are always ridiculous. Mageblood = 1g50s a piece. Silverleaf stack = 9g.

First raid of our new guild today.

Was a slow raid of ICC10, had only 8 people at the start and this was starting about 30-40 minutes late too.

One shot Marrowgar with 8, mage came online and we one shot deathwhisper, gunship, saurfang, fester, rotface with 9 before our 10th guy got on (he was stuck on traffic). Then we one shot Dreamwalker, three shot Putricide (We had two people who had never done it before), one shot princes, one shot blood queen.

To be honest, it was an awesome job, two people hadn't done anything past the first 4 and for us to one shot festergut, rot face, princes, blood queen and dreamwalker with two people who hadn't done those fights before is awesome. Although we did have like 2 seconds left until Blood Queen Beserk due to someone missing the bite.

10 Bosses in one night is a new record for us. Hoping on Friday to be able to do that in a bit less time and possibly get Sindragosa down too if we have time. Then hopefully have all of Monday on the Lich King :D

Got about 5750 GS on my pala in prot gear now, only 3 upgrades left from ICC10 now, amulet off Marrowgar, Ring off Gunship and Bracers off Saurfang. Got the shoulders tonight and a DPS cloak so it was an awesome night.

So I finally got back into raiding, to start we headed to ICC25 and did some Hardmodes, we stopped raiding around easter so started fresh today.

We got Heroic Marrowgar down, skipped Deathwhisper HC, did Gunship HC and skipped Saurfang since we only had 22 people. We did Festergut normal then a DK came on so we tried for Rotface HC, did it 5th time with 23 people. We then headed over to Princes, normal mode, then went to BQL and tried her HC mode. Got her to 10m with people dieing like 3 times, so we can get tomorrow since like 4 people were using potions.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Some how someone managed to get a hold of my account and get an authenticator added to it. On hold right now with tech support :/.

Not sure how either, I scanned and I don't have any malware or anything on it. Also my characters gear is still intact.

edit:

Got a hold of the rep and managed to get the authenticator taken off.

edit #2:

Character is gone and deleted. I guess I just have to sit back and wait for them to restore the account, right? She said she would have a GM contact me but since I don't have an actual character that can't happen. Anyone else with some experience in this able to shed some light?

Random post here: Did you know that it has always annoyed me that you spelled official wrong in the title? :geek:

Just thought I would finally point that out. :P

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Random post here: Did you know that it has always annoyed me that you spelled official wrong in the title? :geek:

Just thought I would finally point that out. :P

I've seriously had it misspelled all of these years? Wow.

Just waiting on my guy to get restored now :/

Wow. I may hate on Blizzard at times but they have the best customer service in the business.

Not 5 or 6 hours after I had put in a ticket to get my character restored I look and, hey, he's back! Everything is perfectly fine now. Customer service on the phone (Even though it was a 40m hold) was excellent and had me get my account back in a good 5 minutes.

Awesome job blizzard, [bleep]ing awesome job.

yeah the authenticator code got cracked a while ago. I guess that was one of those "anything I should know since I've been away" things.

Accounts with one are still a lot more secure than ones without, but not as secure as they were.

Tk5SF.png

Beginning Wednesday, April 7 we will begin releasing class previews containing an overview of some of the changes currently being planned for each of the 10 World of Warcraft classes. The type of information you can expect from these posts are a list of the new spells from 80-85, the new passive mastery bonuses for all talent trees, a brief outline of some of the talent changes we're currently planning, and in some cases new low level spells for select classes.

These changes will by no means be comprehensive, and are subject to change between now and the launch of the expansion. It's also important to understand that some classes are currently further along in the development process than others, and as a result the amount of information will vary from class to class. Please do not let this frustrate you should your class be amongst those which are on the "lighter" side of things, as all classes will receive the same level of design attention before the expansion is released. Additionally we'll be providing more information for all classes, especially as we move into the beta phase.

Below is the schedule for each class:

Shaman - April 7

Priest - April 7

Warlock - April 7

Warrior - April 8

Death Knight - April 8**

Rogue - April 8

Hunter - April 9

Druid - April 9

Mage - April 9

Paladin - April 16*

These posts are being coordinated internationally so they'll be posted at different times throughout the day and night on the given dates to give players around the world the ability to see posts made at a convenient time. This thread will be updated with links directly to each class preview as they're posted.

*The paladin is still deep in development. Instead of giving a preview that would be potentially less comprehensive than the other classes we made the decision to post it when it's ready, in order to properly honor the paladin class and those that play them. The wait isn't too long however as we're expecting to be able to post it on April 16.

Nyaaaaaargh can't wait. So long for Paladins. : <

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

The only thing they need to do with pallies is very simple....Nerf them. Specifically Ret Pallies.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

The only thing they need to do with pallies is very simple....Nerf them. Specifically Ret Pallies.

Hardly. They need to make all the specs less godawfully boring.

Why would you need to nerf a Ret Paladin? ._o

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Because kicking people when they're on the ground is fun.

Level 20 on the rogue now so got my mount (nice to have it at 20). Still getting used to this whole idea of "Gear score" now, seems pretty weird but a nice idea.

Because kicking people when they're on the ground is fun.

Level 20 on the rogue now so got my mount (nice to have it at 20). Still getting used to this whole idea of "Gear score" now, seems pretty weird but a nice idea.

It is not a nice idea. At all.

Tk5SF.png