The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Login servers are borked, and hilarious drama ensues. I do kind of feel bad for people looking for the Violet Proto-Drake, but all the whining on the tech support forums is pretty damn funny.

Sindragosa 10 man down tonight!

One 0.8% wipe and one like 2% wipe when my router decided it'd be a good time to shut down, then got it our final try of the night.

So that's 11/12, tomorrow hopefully doing PRinces/Blood Queen then spend the rest of the night on LK.

Awesome, awesome night.

Why would you still need quest helper?

When you dont do quests at all, you wont need it anymore. But when you are still questing daily quests, it is really useful.

No I mean the game actually shows you were quests are, why would you need it?

Why would you still need quest helper?

When you dont do quests at all, you wont need it anymore. But when you are still questing daily quests, it is really useful.

No I mean the game actually shows you were quests are, why would you need it?

Quest helper is still better than the in-game helper.

Lightheaded is an awesome add-on though which everyone should get.

Well, let me get this straight...

I need 127 hit rating to not be able to miss on bosses at level 70 for Special Attacks?

Thank god, I thought I had to gem my red sockets for some hit rating too....

Anyways, I've been doing some Heroics and Caverns of Time normal Instances. Love the challenge Heroics give you, and the Escape from Durholde Keep is pretty awesome, especially when you first meet the Epoch Hunter.

Oh, and I'm thinking of getting myself some items from different people (tell me if I missed something about them, like if any of them are BOP):

Netherdrake Helm

Fletcher's Gloves of the Phoenix

Belt of the Black Eagle

Bindings of Lighting Reflexes

Thick Netherscale Breastplate

Heartseeker Scope

Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer

Hard Khorium Band X2

That, in total, comes down to:

60 netherdragon scales

30 primal fires

12 primal mana

260 knothide leather

3 primal nether

92 primal air

38 wind scales

8 primal might

16 sunmotes

2 nether vortex

2 rune thread

4 hearts of darkness

4 primal waters

44 primal earth

10 saronite bar

2 twilight opal

110 adamantite bar

26 khorium bars

24 fel iron bar

16 Eternium bar

480 extra adamantite ore (prospecting)

So, three things:

Are my numbers correct?

Is it worth it to get into raiding?

Am I insane?

And yes, I know it will take a long time, I played Runescape, I can handle it.

22031_s.gif

Why exactly are you building lvl 70 epics when the cap is 80?

Because I was a [wagon] and didn't think levelling is so easy in this game. :wall:

And I dont have Wrath until this summer, and even then, I might not get it. :ohnoes:

22031_s.gif

Because I was a [wagon] and didn't think levelling is so easy in this game. :wall:

And I dont have Wrath until this summer, and even then, I might not get it. :ohnoes:

Just saying it's kind of pointless to play the game at 70 unless you're doing a PvP twink or something. No one "actually" raids at lvl 70 anymore.

The best thing you'll get is 80s facerolling BC raids for the achievements.

And even then they'll wipe in some of the instances because they're bad.

Seriously, I've seen almost an entire raid get MC'd by Felmyst gas. I mean Christ. D:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Just saying it's kind of pointless to play the game at 70 unless you're doing a PvP twink or something. No one "actually" raids at lvl 70 anymore.

Yeah, I get that, that's kind of why Im starting with this instead of starting with an easy raid like Karazhan.

22031_s.gif

Ok guys, this happened a couple of nights ago on our Lich King 10-man kill. We never killed it because our main tanks internet DCd and there were no other tanks online so we left it not killed. We had the GM in the raid on an alt, but he's very focussed on the raid and not actually on other people so he always asks how people do, who runs through defile etc. They KNOW that it's my first time doing LK, they've gone through the "important" tactics anyway.

1. Good until I get dropped off the edge by a Val'kyr, 2 minutes later in the fight he asks how I died, I explain. Wipe.

2. We walk in from the edge thing, I blink but I'm still on the platform, it bugs out and I get blinked back and I get dropped off. People rage me because they didn't see my blink fail. Wipe.

3. In the first phase, I get the disease, move to the tank, I die. I got no heals in the 5 seconds it took me to die, I moved INSTANTLY and no dispel. The dispeller says "You didn't move instantly" when I know I did because my entire [bleep]ing screen flashed. Wipe.

4. Someone else gets dropped off by a Val'kyr because our hunter didn't DPS it. Wipe.

5. We kill a Val'kyr but someone drops a defile near the middle, so we are all on the edge of 2 defiles, our shaman runs through one of them which expands onto me, my blink is on cooldown and I die before I could iceblock, I got ZERO healing once again as I tried to escape. They rage ME for not moving fast enough, and not the one who ran through the defile even though I mentioned it.

6. Same as (3). This time I had soulstone however, hunter nor rogue DPS'd on Val'kyrs so I was dropped off.

7. Our main tank disconnected at like 60% and didn't return.

So, I died most of the attempts, they say how they should put a soulstone on me, only ONE of them was my fault a little bit and that was the defile one since I probably could have noticed someone doing something wrong and moved out of it sooner but at the time I guess I didn't expect someone to do that. I'm the one who gets raged at the end, I am the one who gets told to die less all the time. I'm the one who said, you better not do this in 25-man or your raider spot is in jeopardy. Now, my gear is far inferior to all the people in the raid (One item higher than 251 and still holding Naxx gear). And I'm still keeping up with the rest of them doing 9k DPS, keeping up with the hunter in mostly 264s. I don't want to leave the guild because I've been in it for 18 months or so now and there are no friendlier guilds on the server and have left them before only to come back.

I just thought I should put this here and see your guys opinions on this.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Was bored, levelling herbalism and happen to fall down to Dark Shore so decide to explore.

Ended up (mostly) soloing the Darranius (or however it's spelt) leader :D. Got her to <60% myself before two guildies decided to join me, bringing a whole bunch of guards with them as a welcoming present.

They then decided to die a couple of times each while I killed the boss :P. Probably had about 70% of the damage done myself and could have easily soloed her, just would have taken a while... 5580000 health at 1500dps isn't very quick. Just over an Hour, plus more as that includes damage done on adds too...

So yeah, would have taken well over an hour :P

Well, I've been having a lot of fun RPing, but obviously I'm the only person here who cares about that, so no detailed updates :)

Had an awesome raid today.

Marrowgar down shortly after his 2nd bonestorm.

Deathwhisper down before 3rd set of adds.

Saurfang down before 1 mark.

Festergut down after only one tank switch.

Rotface down with only two slimes exploding.

Putricide one shot for the first time, kill wasn't very convincing (had a few people dying at the end) but only 4 stacks on each tank, which is a new record :D.

Dreamwalker easily one shot.

Sindragosa two shot, which is awesome as we only got it down for the first time on Monday after a lot of tries. First wipe was my fault for standing too close, I realised like half a second before the ice tomb came, kill had about half the raid alive due to some bad placement but it still went down with a decent amount to spare.

Went downhill from there, princes took us like 4 tries, the vortexs for some reason really messed us up.

Blood Queen was two shot after that, I got the necklace off her which I'm using for tanking. (Lose about 1% pure avoidance but gain 400 health, and a lot of threat generation). No one needed it for MS, and the Marrowgar amulet just refuses to drop (killed him 9 times on my pala, another 4 or so times on my mage...).

Also got 450 herbalism, the HoT it provides could prove useful occasionally, it's nothing huge but a free 900hps for a few seconds every couple of minutes is better than nothing. Also decent money of course :P