The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogues seem a lot of fun in PvP but I never got one to 80 because in PvE they're so annoying <_< . This is coming from a guy whos favourite class is the Death Knight, I like to faceroll. Too bad we have such a bad reputation and to make it worse it's with reason. I can count the competent DKs I grouped with on one hand.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I really don't want to complain too much about annoying players, especially since that's pretty much all the EU tanking forums seem to be used for, but I got the following variation of the old "gogogogo" in Gnomeregan today:

naamloosmb.png

The healer was spamming like that constantly. To be honest I'd rather have a whole group of new players willing to listen than a group in full heirlooms running ahead of me because they think that every instance can be done in under five minutes. This may sound strange, but almost every time I wipe it's because someone in full heirlooms thinks gear is a replacement for actually paying attention.

Not saying this is what you're doing at all but one of my pet peeves in WoW instances is when the tank is way too timid and just "has" to wait for everyone to be full hp and mana before every pull. It's a pity I don't want to PvP with any of the classes who can tank or I'd be tanking my way up.

Augh.

After a four-day holiday, my account is banned for Abuse of the Economy and has an Authenticator on it.

/sadface

Time to contact support. ._<

GL. At least when I contacted support (call them and just wait, it's faster) everything was fixed in less than a day. Hell it was all fixed within 6-8 hours it seemed like.

e:

Just want everyones opinion on this:

For some reason one of the things that can really annoy me is when you are in a difficult fight (be it a tough pull, soloing an elite mob, a tough PvP encounter) and someone strides along and tries to help you. I mean, I understand they are being nice but it annoys me because I want to beat it myself. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same way or not.

Not saying this is what you're doing at all but one of my pet peeves in WoW instances is when the tank is way too timid and just "has" to wait for everyone to be full hp and mana before every pull. It's a pity I don't want to PvP with any of the classes who can tank or I'd be tanking my way up.
I generally just do a ready check at the start of the instance, and in front of the bosses. By the time I'm through the first corridor, I generally have a good feel of what the healer can handle and adjust my speed accordingly. While doing DPS, one of my pet peeves is tanks who ask "r?", then don't even wait for a reply and just pull the boss.

As a tank, you better be ready or else :P

Tanked Gundrak HC earlier without letting Divine Plea fall off, should give you an idea of how I tank :P.

At this point in the game, I can probably solo 90% of the instance, people are just there for the ride and so I can get my frost emblems :P.

Dinged 28 just now, I think I'll take a break from instances to do some battlegrounds. I'll need 57k honor by the time I hit 60, for RP gear (the epic Horde paladin set) :unsure:

I generally just do a ready check at the start of the instance, and in front of the bosses. By the time I'm through the first corridor, I generally have a good feel of what the healer can handle and adjust my speed accordingly. While doing DPS, one of my pet peeves is tanks who ask "r?", then don't even wait for a reply and just pull the boss.

Don't even bother with ready checks in a normal instance man.That's stuff you save for raids.

Wow, its proving freaking impossible to find an ICC 10 group today :(

Rule #1 of raiding: Don't do it unless you have a guild.

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Wow, its proving freaking impossible to find an ICC 10 group today :(

Rule #1 of raiding: Don't do it unless you have a guild.

I have a guild, and we did two ICC10 runs this week, problem is I missed both of them.

Thing is I'm on a pvp server, and so close to the resets I guess most people are locked out.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Small guilds rejoice....large ones....breakup. The end of 25 raids is upon us, and I think its a TERRIBLE change.

Announced for Cataclysm today:

* 10-Man and 25-Man raids will share the same lockout.

* 10-Man and 25-Man raids difficulty will be as close as possible to each other.

* 10-Man and 25-Man raids will drop the exact same loot, but 25-man will drop a higher quantity of items.

* Normal versus Heroic mode will be chosen on a per-boss basis in Cataclysm raids, the same way it works in Icecrown Citadel

* For the first few raid tiers, our plan is to provide multiple smaller raids. Instead of one raid with eleven bosses, you might have a five-boss raid as well as a six-boss raid.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Same lockout? [bleep]ing gay.

So when I pug a 25 raid and we wipe after the first boss i'm basically screwed for the week, horray.

Ps. Did ICC 10 with a good guild, everyone had like 5.8k+ gs but we managed to wipe twice on Lady D and then call it lmao :(

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

[hide]EnIsA.jpg[/hide]

Minimalistic UI WIP I'm working on. Using aloft nameplates as well. Trying to keep this very clean, slick look to it. Right now major things I need to do are:

- Text on the pitbull frames, need to mess with them a bit. May be a bit too "crowded" currently.

- Still need a proper placed group frame/raid frame

- Like wise will need to work in the PvP frame and focus frame for arenas when time comes.

- Want to get a buff mod that shows buffs/debuffs as bars like "classtimers" or something.

- Want to mess around with how the current hotbars + text looks like.

It's an interesting challenge though, making a minimalistic frame while keeping all the info I need for PvP there.

Lol most likely going to be quitting actually. Looking for an MMO that is something different, leveling is just too boring.

edit: went back to lineage 2 for 5 minutes, said [bleep] it and realized how much I appreciated WoW leveling.

Still powering steadily on. Dinged 43 tonight, which means I'll no longer be able to run Uldaman through the pug system, which is a shame because it's probably my favourite classic instance. I am glad I no longer have to run Scarlet Monastery though. Right now I'm reaching the point in the game where I actually need to start paying attention beyond spamming Consecrate. It took me a while to master the final Scarlet Monastery room, but thankfully that was on guild runs rather than pugs. Maraudon has the first mobs that require actual kiting, as there's packs of oozes with an aura that damages you for ~10% a tick if you stand too close. I'm dreading Zul'Farrak, as I remember it having loads of spellcasters and limited line of sight options. Still, doing fine so far. Really wish I could've gotten the Horned Viking Helmet, if only for the Lost Vikings nostalgia. Luckily I also have the helmet from the last Razorfen Downs boss, which is probably better.

I only succesfully pugged ZF once. Beware. It has an annoying layout.

Retired